Page 174 of 342 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164172173174175176 184 224 274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3420
    Blog Entries
    So what is your guys favorite new show of the fall? Mine would definitely have to be Elementary.

As far as dramas go, Last Resort is the only new show that I'm really interested in seeing through, and that sort of sucks on account of it not being particularly likely to see a second season. Elementary, Vegas, and Nashville are all above average fare as far as network stuff goes, but none of them really qualify as must-see, appointment television.

Both Elementary and Vegas could have benefited greatly from being more serialized and less procedural, but unfortunately that sort of story-telling alienates the masses who generally prefer shows where they can drop in and out with little consequence. Sucks, but that's the big four for ya.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    So what is your guys favorite new show of the fall? Mine would definitely have to be Elementary.
    I like Elementary. It's a show that if you got the description, you'd go "What the Fuck." and not want to watch. The characters and how they do it work.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

What's so crazy about a contemporary Sherlock with a female Watson?

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Elementary just doesn't jump out at me. It just seems like just another detective show, in that Americanised way, (and I'm sorry if you don't get that when I say 'Americanised', I guess it's just like all the CSI/NCIS/Criminal Shits, and the associations with all of that type of stuff/style), except under the heading of the World's most famous detective. Plus, I didn't really get the decision to go with this type of thing, when the far superior version with the brilliant Cumberbatch as 'Sherlock', was fairly new? Other than just cashing in on the name value.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Elementary just doesn't jump out at me. It just seems like just another detective show, in that Americanised way, (and I'm sorry if you don't get that when I say 'Americanised', I guess it's just like all the CSI/NCIS/Criminal Shits, and the associations with all of that type of stuff/style), except under the heading of the World's most famous detective. Plus, I didn't really get the decision to go with this type of thing, when the far superior version with the brilliant Cumberbatch as 'Sherlock', was fairly new? Other than just cashing in on the name value.
    Nah, you're spot on. Elementary isn't really anything super special, but it is well-acted and competently made and I think many are just surprised that it overcame the odds to not be the dead-on-arrival piece of dreck that it initially appeared to be. But, yeah, it's essentially just The Mentalist with a nicer coat of paint, and anyone who says otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

You're also right about the Cumberbatch-version of Sherlock being a fuckton better. It's a shame that most Americans would rather watch the CBS show than give the BBC One iteration a spin- but what can you do?

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    What's so crazy about a contemporary Sherlock with a female Watson?
    I just couldn't in my mind conceptualize it. Not so much that it was a crazy idea. Also, I have never have had problems with Females taking on Male roles if the story fits. In this case Watson being Lucy Liu.

Blog Entries
    Nah, you're spot on. Elementary isn't really anything super special, but it is well-acted and competently made and I think many are just surprised that it overcame the odds to not be the dead-on-arrival piece of dreck that it initially appeared to be. But, yeah, it's essentially just The Mentalist with a nicer coat of paint, and anyone who says otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

You're also right about the Cumberbatch-version of Sherlock being a fuckton better. It's a shame that most Americans would rather watch the CBS show than give the BBC One iteration a spin- but what can you do?
    I do think this is a better show, but I can only watch it on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    I just couldn't in my mind conceptualize it. Not so much that it was a crazy idea. Also, I have never have had problems with Females taking on Male roles if the story fits. In this case Watson being Lucy Liu.
    Yeah, I wasn't implying that you had an issue with the female Watson bit or anything. I guess I was just trying to understand where you were coming from in regards to the "WTF?" factor (as it really isn't all that zany), but I get where you're coming from now.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I wasn't implying that you had an issue with the female Watson bit or anything. I guess I was just trying to understand where you were coming from in regards to the "WTF?" factor (as it really isn't all that zany), but I get where you're coming from now.
    The books are sooooo much better than any of the TV shows or movies though. I had a Silverleaf copy of the complete works pre-tornado. I got done with the book about a week before. Now I can't find any Sir Conan Doyle anywhere in this town.