Page 164 of 340 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154162163164165166 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3393
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    The show I've been impressed with has been Elementary on CBS. Honestly, a Sherlock Holmes in Modern NYC with a female Watson, shouldn't work. It is amazing it does. Now, it is only 2 Episodes in, but it shows a lot of promise.
    Elementary actually is surprisingly decent, but it doesn't hold a candle to the current Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. That show is on a whole other level.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    The show I've been impressed with has been Elementary on CBS. Honestly, a Sherlock Holmes in Modern NYC with a female Watson, shouldn't work. It is amazing it does. Now, it is only 2 Episodes in, but it shows a lot of promise.
    this show has so much potential.. I'm glad it's on the air... alot of shows that were holmes-esk got cancelled recently (like house) so what other way to make up for the lack of holmes-esk shows than to have a show about sherlock holmes. though I'm terrified that watson is going to end up with holmes...
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    I have the first two eps DVRed, along with Vegas. Looking forward to watching them when i get time haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    this show has so much potential.. I'm glad it's on the air... alot of shows that were holmes-esk got cancelled recently (like house) so what other way to make up for the lack of holmes-esk shows than to have a show about sherlock holmes. though I'm terrified that watson is going to end up with holmes...
    Not that the folks in Hollywood are the most trustworthy of people, but the ones behind this show have sworn that they aren't going to be going there. I really hope to see them keep their word.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    I have the first two eps DVRed, along with Vegas. Looking forward to watching them when i get time haha
    Being a procedural sucks a lot of the wind out of Vegas' sails, but it's still pretty solid entertainment. I'm hoping to see them shift to more serialized storytelling as the show progresses, even though I know that's not likely with it being on CBS.

Either way, though, I'm sure you'll like it.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Not that the folks in Hollywood are the most trustworthy of people, but the ones behind this show have sworn that they aren't going to be going there. I really hope to see them keep their word.
    ok good, that would kill the series for me.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    The CBOT thread reminded me to catch up with HIMYM and Big bang theory.

How i met your mother is still great to me, never found that show downright hilarious like I did with friends, in fact I barely laugh watching HIMYM but I always just enjoyed watching it.

I've given up on big bang theory, the early seasons had some jokes that would make me burst out laughing but for me when they introduced Amy, it killed the show. Never found her funny. Also with the space thing, why did things go on a such grand scale? Every I know loved that show because it was geeks doing little nerdy stuff like Xbox tournaments and comic book whatever that people enjoyed watching. Now Howard is in space, and Sheldon is in love and Raj is in depression because of his loneliness, I understand the need to develop the characters but it's a sitcom, not much development really has to be done.

Also, how pretty was Victoria looking on HIMYM... damn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post

How i met your mother is still great to me, never found that show downright hilarious like I did with friends, in fact I barely laugh watching HIMYM but I always just enjoyed watching it.

I've given up on big bang theory, the early seasons had some jokes that would make me burst out laughing but for me when they introduced Amy, it killed the show. Never found her funny. Also with the space thing, why did things go on a such grand scale? Every I know loved that show because it was geeks doing little nerdy stuff like Xbox tournaments and comic book whatever that people enjoyed watching. Now Howard is in space, and Sheldon is in love and Raj is in depression because of his loneliness, I understand the need to develop the characters but it's a sitcom, not much development really has to be done.

you nailed everything in the bold right on the head.... especially the thing about victoria, she seems much more attractive than she did in the earlier season for some reason.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    you nailed everything in the bold right on the head.... especially the thing about victoria, she seems much more attractive than she did in the earlier season for some reason.
    I think its cause she lost a little weight.

This is from her back in 2006 when she first appeared in HIMYM

And this is her now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post

See, I dig the ShAmy. I like the concept of Sheldon is fine not looking for the stuff he missed out on childhood because it got in the way and Amy being the opposite wishing she did have the experiences others have had but never got to try it herself.

I'd also like to point out, Sheldon is not in love. Amy is the one who is. But to each their own. I didn't like HIMYM. It seemed to drag on more than I like in a 30min show.

I also love character development, even in my Sitcom. But this might be born out of my fandom of Joss Whedon. He always built up characters.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!