Page 157 of 324 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3232
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    And I'm just confirming with you that Walts cancer is back? Because the hand dryer had dents on it and stuff.
    The hand dryer had dents on it because Walt beat the shit out of it back in Season 2.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    The hand dryer had dents on it because Walt beat the shit out of it back in Season 2.
    But don't you think a hospital like that would fix it since it happened like a year ago. It's just the way they cut to him just wiping is hand and then showing the dented dryer.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

But don't you think a hospital like that would fix it since it happened like a year ago. It's just the way they cut to him just wiping is hand and then showing the dented dryer.
    Seeing the busted dryer again was a way for Walt to reflect on how far he's come in the past year (plus the image of the facial distortion tied in nicely with Walt not knowing whether he's man or monster). Wondering why the hospital didn't have the dryer fixed is...wuh? I have no idea what that is.

But, yeah, of course Walt's cancer is back. It's terminal lung cancer; he always just bought himself some time. And speaking of time: Vince Gilligan isn't going to waste it filling the screen with non-pertinent issues, especially in this precious, final stretch of storytelling opportunities.
    Last edited by Iron Ape; 09-05-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Seeing the busted dryer again was a way for Walt to reflect on how far he's come in the past year (plus the image of the facial distortion tied in nicely with Walt not knowing whether he's man or monster). Wondering why the hospital didn't have the dryer fixed is...wuh? I have no idea what that is.

But, yeah, of course Walt's cancer is back. It's terminal lung cancer; he always just bought himself some time And speaking of time: Vince Gilligan isn't going to waste it filling the screen with non-pertinent issues, especially in this precious, final stretch of storytelling opportunities.
    See that's why I talk you, insight after insight with explanations. Wait till I tell all my friends about this info, Ima look so smart.

See that's why I talk you, insight after insight with explanations. Wait till I tell all my friends about this info, Ima look so smart.
    Any theories on what the episode's title, "Gliding Over All", means yet?

Blog Entries
    Any theories on what the episode's title, "Gliding Over All", means yet?
    I'm probably way off, but Has it got anything to do with Lydia's plan to expand the business overseas and shit?

I'm probably way off, but Has it got anything to do with Lydia's plan to expand the business overseas and shit?
    No, that's not really it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Whitman
    GLIDING o'er all, through all,
    Through Nature, Time, and Space,
    As a ship on the waters advancing,
    The voyage of the soul--not life alone,
    Death, many deaths I'll sing.
    And are you at all familiar with the story of Icarus and his father, Daedalus*? Ol' Daedalus tells his son to not fly too close to the sun. And, of course, what does Icarus do? He glides over, well, ALL...melting the wax from the wings that his father had crafted for him, resulting in his falling from the sky and drowning in the sea. (If you're trying to swap Jesse into the role of Icarus and Walt into that of Daedalus, you're doing it wrong.)

EDIT: *I reference this because Walt initially made the Icarus comparison back in the episode "Hazard Pay", completely oblivious to the fact that he's the one close to having his wings clipped.
    Last edited by Iron Ape; 09-05-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    No, that's not really it.

And are you at all familiar with the story of Icarus and his father, Daedalus*? Ol' Daedalus tells his son to not fly too close to the sun. And, of course, what does Icarus do? He glides over, well, ALL...melting the wax from the wings that his father had crafted for him, resulting in his falling from the sky and drowning in the sea. (If you're trying to swap Jesse into the role of Icarus and Walt into that of Daedalus, you're doing it wrong.)

EDIT: *I reference this because Walt initially made the Icarus comparison back in the episode "Hazard Pay", completely oblivious to the fact that he's the one close to having his wings clipped.
    Ooo so close, I should've figured it was a Walt Whitman thing, that guy was all over the last episode.

And yeah I know about the Icarus thing (mainly because of the painting where it shows no one caring about his fall and carrying on with their own thing) but anyways, I remember that, Walt talked about Gus slicing that guys throat not to scare Walt but because he knew the formula and basically got to close to the business. And the Walt must've hinted that's the same thing happening with Mike getting to close to his Meth am I slightly correct?

Ooo so close, I should've figured it was a Walt Whitman thing, that guy was all over the last episode.
    Because there was another Walt involved?

And yeah I know about the Icarus thing (mainly because of the painting where it shows no one caring about his fall and carrying on with their own thing) but anyways, I remember that, Walt talked about Gus slicing that guys throat not to scare Walt but because he knew the formula and basically got to close to the business. And the Walt must've hinted that's the same thing happening with Mike getting to close to his Meth am I slightly correct?
    No, the Icarus parallel has nothing to do with Mike. It's Walt that's getting too close to the sun; he's the one who's going to get burnt. That's why it's ironic when he's going on about Victor's death.

Blog Entries
    Because there was another Walt involved?
    Nah I know I was wayyy off so I made a failed sarcastic comment. Lol

No, the Icarus parallel has nothing to do with Mike. It's Walt that's getting too close to the sun; he's the one who's going to get burnt. That's why it's ironic when he's going on about Victor's death.
    Yeah I realise that now, but at that moment it was related to Mike and the average viewer would've thought the same. And technically with Walt killing Mike and earlier Walt referencing Icarus to Jesse about Mike getting to close to the Walts meth and he'll get burned soon, it all kind of adds up aswell...