Page 15 of 343 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    Black Ninja!
    Anybody else watch House; good show.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

With all this talk about Breaking Bad, I'm gonna have to check this show out.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Thats what im thinking. Ive heard other people talk about it outwith this forum and theyve said its brilliant. So i think i'll have to have a wee looky at Breaking Bad also.

Anyone watch Modern Family? I wouldnt say its the best show ever but sometimes its funny. Although i dont know if its trying to be mockumentary or not? Because if so, it just seems very unplausible that cameras would be filming this stuff, and they hardly pay attention to the cameras?!

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Anyone watch Modern Family? I wouldnt say its the best show ever but sometimes its funny. Although i dont know if its trying to be mockumentary or not? Because if so, it just seems very unplausible that cameras would be filming this stuff, and they hardly pay attention to the cameras?!
    Modern Family has probably the best comedic ensemble on television. Every single member of the cast is just pitch-perfect.

And the cinéma vérité approach is more of a stylistic choice than anything else. The once great, now stale American Office and the fantastic, and severely underrated Parks & Rec. are both in pretty much the same boat, with the documentary aspect only being directly referenced or involved in their respective plots on a handful of occasions.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by thejman93 View Post
    Anybody else watch House; good show.
    The modern day twist on Sherlock Holmes was initially compelling, but not even Hugh Laurie's dynamic performance can overcome the poorly-drawn secondary characters and ridiculously formulaic plots (it's almost always Lupus!).

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    The modern day twist on Sherlock Holmes was initially compelling, but not even Hugh Laurie's dynamic performance can overcome the poorly-drawn secondary characters and ridiculously formulaic plots (it's almost always Lupus!).
    Yeah the oher chatacters just can't keep up with Laurie.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Modern Family has probably the best comedic ensemble on television. Every single member of the cast is just pitch-perfect.

And the cinéma vérité approach is more of a stylistic choice than anything else. The once great, now stale American Office and the fantastic, and severely underrated Parks & Rec. are both in pretty much the same boat, with the documentary aspect only being directly referenced or involved in their respective plots on a handful of occasions.
    Well as I say I watch it every week and its not bad, I enjoy it. My favourite character being the dad Phil and his relationship and exchanges with his son Luke, theyre great, theyre just so suited to each other and very funny.

Have you, or anyone seen Peep Show?
    From Wiki:
    "Stylistically, the show uses point of view shots with the thoughts of main characters Mark and Jeremy audible as voiceovers.

Peep Show follows the lives of two men in their late twenties, early thirties, Mark Corrigan (Mitchell), and Jeremy Usbourne (Webb). The pair met at University, and now share a flat in Croydon, South London. Mark is a loan manager at the fictional JLB Credit, and is financially secure, but awkward and socially inept, with a pessimistic and critical attitude. Jeremy, having recently split up with his girlfriend Big Suze, now lives in Mark's spare room. He usually has a much more optimistic and energetic outlook on the world than Mark, yet his self-proclaimed talent as a musician is yet to be recognised, and he is not as popular or attractive as he would like to think himself, although he is the more successful with the opposite sex of the two."

Its one of my favourite comedies of all time, very funny, sometimes cringe-worthy. I recommend!

Blog Entries
    The best 2 characters imo on House are Laurie and his cane! The other doctor that he used to live with (forget his name) isn't too bad either!

Peep Show, huh? I see more television than is really healthy for any one person (much of it for professional purposes, so I've got a pretty good excuse), but Peep Show has never shown up on my radar. Telling me that it's cringe-worthy will surely get me to check it out, though. Most of my favorite comedies (The Office, Extras, Curb Your Enthusiasm) are often awkward and, at times, difficult to watch, so this should be right up my alley.

As far as characters on Modern Family go, my favorite is probably the giant gay guy, Cameron. I'm usually not a big fan of over-the-top, flamboyant clichés, but I just find that guy endlessly entertaining. He really owns the shit out of that character, and his chemistry with Mitchell is just absolutely fantastic.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Oh are you a television crtitic, reviewer, by trade? Nice!

Well i love those shows aswell. I like alot of comedies, sitcoms, etc, but The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, to me, are among the greatest shows ever, and Peep Show is close behind! To completely whore out Wikipedia again though:

"The Guardian newspaper described it as "the best comedy of the decade".[31] Ricky Gervais has been cited as saying "the last thing I got genuinely excited about on British TV was Peep Show, which I thought was the best sitcom since Father Ted".[32] While presenting an award at the 2005 British Comedy Awards, Gervais called it "the best show on television today" and said it was a "debacle" that it did not win an award.[33] The Times praised the show's "scorching writing" and named it the 15th best TV show of the 2000s."

"In 2005, the Fox network commissioned a pilot for an American version of Peep Show (named Odd Couple); however, the pilot was unsuccessful.[20] Jeremy was played by Josh Meyers, and Mark was played by Johnny Galecki.[20] Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain have commented that the American version did not use the point-of-view filming like the original.

Spike TV has since commissioned its own version, originally to be written and directed by Robert Weide, who is the executive producer of Curb Your Enthusiasm.[20] However, it is currently being written by Armstrong and Bain.[21]"

And it never got great viewing figures but it done well in DVD sales and kinda has a cultish following, and has since become Channel4's longest running sitcom. What a sponge I am! I'll just post the ruddy link [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peep_Show_%28TV_series%29"[/URL]

"Giant gay guy" gave me a chuckle, nice use of alliteration there. Lol. Yeh i like him aswell, the over exuberance of him in dramatic situations is great! The recent episode I just watched where he burst a strawberry juice box on a restaurant owners expensive rug, whom they were trying to get an "in" with, and he keeps referencing the female celebrities who also owned it, was hilarious!