Page 135 of 343 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125133134135136137 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3423
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Question, is this show about teenagers in high school?
    Yep!

And Ape, I don't have a clue what you just said.

Sorry. The basic gist was that I find the show predictable and, um, just not good.

It's been season after season of aspiring line-cooks playing aspiring chefs in a complete charade of a competition. The whole freakin' shebang is staged to such a ridiculous degree and everything so absurdly over-edited that I find the whole experience a bit nauseating, to be honest. I guess there's some fun to be had in watching Ramsay's crinkled mug scrunch up as he screams "Donkey!" at lesser minds, but even that grates after the first dozen or so times (and all of that is usually before the first commercial break).

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Gordon is a legend though.
    I love Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon seems genuinely invested in many of the people he deals with, and there's an honesty to the way things play out.

The American version of Kitchen Nightmares is just downright atrocious. The first half hour is always Gordon humiliating folks and dialing up the drama on already pretty contentious situations, then they get around to some Extreme Makeover: Restaurant Edition bullshit and faux-sentimentality in the second half. It's never about really solving the fundamental issues with these places. It's about cartoon Gordon winding nutters up so the execs have something juicy to exploit in their previews. It's fucking shameful.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Sorry. The basic gist was that I find the show predictable and, um, just not good.

It's been season after season of aspiring line-cooks playing aspiring chefs in a complete charade of a competition. The whole freakin' shebang is staged to such a ridiculous degree and everything so absurdly over-edited that I find the whole experience a bit nauseating, to be honest. I guess there's some fun to be had in watching Ramsay's crinkled mug scrunch up as he screams "Donkey!" at lesser minds, but even that grates after the first dozen or so times (and all of that is usually before the first commercial break).
    I'll give Shaz £100 if he understood that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I love Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon seems genuinely invested in many of the people he deals with, and there's an honesty to the way things play out.

The American version of Kitchen Nightmares is just downright atrocious. The first half hour is always Gordon humiliating folks and dialing up the drama on already pretty contentious situations, then they get around to some Extreme Makeover: Restaurant Edition bullshit and faux-sentimentality in the second half. It's never about really solving the fundamental issues with these places. It's about cartoon Gordon winding nutters up so the execs have something juicy to exploit in their previews. It's fucking shameful.
    I can never watch a whole episode, typical format for every episode like you said but the moments where he obliterates the young cooks "Rolls Royce? Fuck Off!!!" is good entertainment. There's a new series here where he trains up prison inmates to cook, they try changing the setting but I think his pretty much been milked.

Blog Entries
    I'll give Shaz £100 if he understood that.
    What's not to understand? He's spelled it out for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What's not to understand? He's spelled it out for you.
    It's a joke to Shaz...

It's a joke to Shaz...
    So are you calling Shaz ignorant to english? Wow, that's down right degrading there akbar

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Akbar you joker!

Blog Entries
    I can never watch a whole episode, typical format for every episode like you said but the moments where he obliterates the young cooks "Rolls Royce? Fuck Off!!!" is good entertainment. There's a new series here where he trains up prison inmates to cook, they try changing the setting but I think his pretty much been milked.
    And when that street women Robyn told that fat women Kimmie to suck her dick. LOL.

I actually watched the prison thingy. Gordan Behind Bars. And it was in Brixton as well! Jheeezzzeeee.