Page 116 of 342 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106114115116117118 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3420
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    While Leonard may retain an executive producer credit, Graham Yost is Justified's showrunner and lead writer, so I'd say that it's more likely that he's the master-cobbler at work here.
    Just looked up Graham Yost. He's got some credits to his name, a few questionable (Broken Arrow, Hard Rain) but he did write for Herman's Head so that's worth something!

Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    *Googles anemic* ... Ohh, bit harsh.
    Nah, I was being generous, if anything. That shit was absolutely soulless, even so far as made-for-cable multi-camera laugh-trackers go. It's carefully calculated image rehab disingenuously presented as entertainment.

And because my fellow Americans consume this kind of intellectual slop en masse, FX will soon fast-track 90 more creatively bankrupt episodes in a manner that closely resembles that of a fast food sandwich assembly line (firmly cementing Sheen's status as the Big Mac of our collective McIdiot boxes).

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Nah, I was being generous, if anything. That shit was absolutely soulless, even so far as made-for-cable multi-camera laugh-trackers go. It's carefully calculated image rehab disingenuously presented as entertainment.

And because my fellow Americans consume this kind of intellectual slop en masse, FX will soon fast-track 90 more creatively bankrupt episodes in a manner that closely resembles that of a fast food sandwich assembly line (firmly cementing Sheen's status as the Big Mac of our collective McIdiot boxes).
    That probably is the aimed appeal of the show, which I'm sure is what people will mostly tune in for.

Do you have a thing of hate for Charlie Sheen? Lol because This show, I found was no different to most of the Sitcoms out there anyways so it's hard to criticise the show like you did without comparing to what is already out there. I mean look at 2 Broke Girls, THAT'S shocking television...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Do you have a thing of hate for Charlie Sheen? Lol because This show, I found was no different to most of the Sitcoms out there anyways so it's hard to criticise the show like you did without comparing to what is already out there. I mean look at 2 Broke Girls, THAT'S shocking television...
    Not at all. I mean, outside of Hot Shots, I've never found the guy the particularly funny, so much of the comedic appeal there has always been lost on me. And I didn't find the mania-induced catchphrase campaign of 2011 particularly amusing, either, as the media were exploiting a guy's fucking psychotic break for entertainment purposes. But I don't actively root against the guy; I wouldn't have tuned into Anger Management's debut if that were the case.

And it's really kind of hard to muster any sort of umbrage regarding a shitty sitcom on CBS when they've spent so long conditioning me to expect that sort of thing. But FX? They've been a known supplier of challenging, original comedy for several years now. To see a black-hole of artistry like this not only show up on their slate but also become one of their flag-ship series is just downright disheartening. Integrity be damned. Already rich cable execs gotta eat.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Not at all. I mean, outside of Hot Shots, I've never found the guy the particularly funny, so much of the comedic appeal there has always been lost on me. And I didn't find the mania-induced catchphrase campaign of 2011 particularly amusing, either, as the media were exploiting a guy's fucking psychotic break for entertainment purposes. But I don't actively root against the guy; I wouldn't have tuned into Anger Management's debut if that were the case.

And it's really kind of hard to muster any sort of umbrage regarding a shitty sitcom on CBS when they've spent so long conditioning me to expect that sort of thing. But FX? They've been a known supplier of challenging, original comedy for several years now. To see a black-hole of artistry like this not only show up on their slate but also become one of their flag-ship series is just downright disheartening. Integrity be damned. Already rich cable execs gotta eat.
    I see where you're coming from, I find him amusing as much as an average person does unfortunately.

You seen The Newsroom? I've heard some unkind reviews about it, but the trailers look very convincing...

You seen The Newsroom? I've heard some unkind reviews about it, but the trailers look very convincing...
    I enjoyed the pilot, sermonizing and all.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed the pilot, sermonizing and all.
    Oh okay, makes sense for a Sorkin show. Lol

Is their a critically acclaimed Show you don't like?

Is their a critically acclaimed Show you don't like?
    Um, I always thought House kind of sucked. And I guess I found a significant chunk of 24 to be pretty rubbish, too. Wasn't a huge Lost fan, either (though I didn't think it was terrible). Oh, and True Blood. I haven't really dug what I've seen of that at all.

I'd mention Dexter, but I'm pretty sure the critics abandoned that ship a couple of seasons back, too.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Um, I always thought House kind of sucked. And I guess I found a significant chunk of 24 to be pretty rubbish, too. Wasn't a huge Lost fan, either (though I didn't think it was terrible). Oh, and True Blood. I haven't really dug what I've seen of that at all.

I'd mention Dexter, but I'm pretty sure the critics abandoned that ship a couple of seasons back, too.
    House was kinda funny, Couldn't keep up with Lost so gave up on season 3, True Blood has too much sadism for my liking, Never seen 24 or Dexter.