Page 11 of 338 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    I deleted the post, I was just so excited about the show. Sorry if you saw that Kash.

on a side note Ape, thanks for your input buddy but I do have my big boy pants on and I am quite capable of determining what I choose to post and I really don't give a flying fuck if my post was cool or not. <-------------bipolar 101
    Yeah, if you want to be an inconsiderate asshole, that is totally your right. Just don't expect many patriots to look on and marvel as you let that particular freedom flag fly.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Also love South Park. Family Guy and American Dad are okay, I watch them. The Office US I keep up with. I like it, I laugh at it, and I think Dwight is great! People say it’s nothing compared to The Office UK, which it isn’t, but you have to kinda think of it as a different show now, and get used to it. I watched the first seasons of Parks and Recreation online as it’s similar to The Office, but I’ve lost a little interest in it. Never get enough laughs outta it, plus some of the characters I just find really stupid or annoying, although I love Aziz Ansari and think he’s pretty good in it.
    Parks & Recreation has become the best show on NBC's Thursday night line-up, with Community a close second, while The Office has plummeted in quality. The first 3 or 4 seasons of The Office were great television, as they did a fantastic job of blending awkward comedy with heartfelt emotion. Unfortunately, about a season or two ago, the show did a backflip over the shark, and now we're left with nothing but zany cartoon characters who all seem to resemble caricatures of their former selves. It's hard to identify with any of the people or plot-lines now as they've all become so absurd and ridiculous. The show isn't even about work now, as it now seems to be about everything but. They need to change the name from The Office to Sad Cartoon People Whose Only Friends Are Co-Workers and Who Spend Thier Days Engaging in Unrealistic Shenanigans While Supposedly Collecting a Paycheck. Steve Carell is smart to be the first one to jump from the sinking ship.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, if you want to be an inconsiderate asshole, that is totally your right. Just don't expect many patriots to look on and marvel as you let that particular freedom flag fly.

Fear not Ape, after reading PITS earlier posts describing the awesomeness of this show, I noticed a few things that could be described as spoilers that were were being thrown about rather willy-nilly, I have refrained from reading his posts on this thread until my birthday (tomorrow).

Side note: This show has become somewhat of a Holy Grail for me, and I will more than likely shed an "adult tear" or two if it's not waiting for me in the morning to unwrap it's methy goodness!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Smart move on your part, man. I thought IPITS would show you a little more respect, but apparently he's more concerned with how his big boy pants fit. Anyways, I hope your birthday's a good one. If your wife doesn't come through, try to go easy on her (for instance, if you're going to roll her down some stairs, at least make sure that they're carpeted).

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Smart move on your part, man. I thought IPITS would show you a little more respect, but apparently he's more concerned with how his big boy pants fit. Anyways, I hope your birthday's a good one. If your wife doesn't come through, try to go easy on her (for instance, if you're going to roll her down some stairs, at least make sure that they're carpeted).
    First, I deleted the post. Second, Kash no disrespect intended. Third, Ape you might think your holier-than-thou but in the end your nothing more than some dude with a superiority complex and if my intuition is right (it usually is)you have way more issues than me and that's sad, real sad. Grow the F up little man.

Parks & Recreation has become the best show on NBC's Thursday night line-up, with Community a close second, while The Office has plummeted in quality. The first 3 or 4 seasons of The Office were great television, as they did a fantastic job of blending awkward comedy with heartfelt emotion. Unfortunately, about a season or two ago, the show did a backflip over the shark, and now we're left with nothing but zany cartoon characters who all seem to resemble caricatures of their former selves. It's hard to identify with any of the people or plot-lines now as they've all become so absurd and ridiculous. The show isn't even about work now, as it now seems to be about everything but. They need to change the name from The Office to Sad Cartoon People Whose Only Friends Are Co-Workers and Who Spend Thier Days Engaging in Unrealistic Shenanigans While Supposedly Collecting a Paycheck. Steve Carell is smart to be the first one to jump from the sinking ship.
    Really? Parks and Recreation? I dont dislike it, its fine, i'll keep with it then, see the season through. Also in line with my slight OCD tendecies to get to the end of things. Ha. Yeh i agree with you, it has become quite far removed from the The Office concept of people who work in an office, like a documentary. The romances and such are what doesnt help i think. But im a commited man now, lol. What other shows make up that Thursday night line-up, just comedies? Whats Community? another "mockumentary" in line with The Office and P&R?

Other than what you've already discussed in this thread, what do you, and others, think of the other things i mentioned in my "essay"? haha

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    First, I deleted the post. Second, Kash no disrespect intended. Third, Ape you might think your holier-than-thou but in the end your nothing more than some dude with a superiority complex and if my intuition is right (it usually is)you have way more issues than me and that's sad, real sad. Grow the F up little man.
    The person who needs to grow up is the person who's acting like a petulant little child just because someone called them out on being inconsiderate. I was extremely polite at first by asking you to ease back on the spoilers, and your response was "the cat's out of the bag" or something equally as asinine. So if you want throw a little man-tantrum just because I'm asking you to extend the same courtesy to Kash that was extended to you, then that says infinitely more about you than it does me. I was purposefully vague and non-descript when hyping the show to you so that you could enjoy the show's surprises as they came. If wanting to afford that same opportunity to Kash means that I have a superiority complex, then so be it. But out of curiosity, what kind of a complex does the person with a complete disregard for others have? Someone with a degree in arm-chair psychology such as yourself should have no problem figuring that one out.

Anyways, thanks for showing your true colors, man. Someone does you a solid of turning you onto a great television program, and you pay them back by lashing out like a grade-school kid when politely asked not to engage in inconsiderate behavior, and then you even have the audacity to tell them that they're the ones who need to grow up? Man, somebody grab me some crackers so I can smear some of this delicious irony on them.

I've liked you up to this point, man- and I know for a fact that you've liked me, as you've gone out of your way on numerous occasions to state as much- which makes your attack here all the more perplexing. But, hey, if that's how you truly feel, then I have no problem just not interacting with you. I'm not sure if those big boy pants of yours are just itchy or what, but, regardless, I wish you the best in your future endeavors. You can be a funny dude, and I genuinely think that you're better than this (but if you're not, then that's fine, too).

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Really? Parks and Recreation? I dont dislike it, its fine, i'll keep with it then, see the season through. Also in line with my slight OCD tendecies to get to the end of things. Ha. Yeh i agree with you, it has become quite far removed from the The Office concept of people who work in an office, like a documentary. The romances and such are what doesnt help i think. But im a commited man now, lol. What other shows make up that Thursday night line-up, just comedies? Whats Community? another "mockumentary" in line with The Office and P&R?
    Community is a show about Jeff Winger (Joel McHale from The Soup) returning to community college after his law license is revoked, and he starts a study group with an odd assortment of characters including: Politically correct wet-blanket Britta; Goody-goody, and former Adderall addict, Annie; ex-jock Troy and his best friend, who is afflicted with Asperger's, Abed; Jesus freak Shirley; and racist Pierce (played by Chevy Chase). It's not a mockumentary at all, but what it does do is play with standard sitcom conventions. It eschews television tropes, and generally does some of the most clever and, dare I say, brilliant stuff to ever be done in the genre. I could see it not appealing to everyone, though, as it's often too smart for its own good and chock full o' inside jokes and subtle running gags that can kind of serve to alienate those who aren't loyal watchers. Still, it's definitely worth a shot.

The other shows in the line-up are Perfect Couples, 30 Rock, and Outsourced. Out of those, I'd say that 30 Rock is the only one who's worth a damn, but for whatever reason it still doesn't appeal to me much. I can definitely appreciate it, though, and understand why it receives the accolades that it does.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I already mentioned House but I also need to send a shout out to Bones! I just love the quick wit of these 2 programs!

Cheers Ape. Sounds alright actually. If its something different than the general sitcom format then im all for it. Just checked actually where i can watch it and apparently its been on here!? on a music channel Viva, so completely passed me by! But i'll give it a wee looky, might watch a few of the first episodes tonight if i can actually.

Yeh 30 Rock ive never got fully into a season, ive seen occasional episodes every now and then, and SkyAtlantic here are showing the new season and ive seen the first 2 or 3 from that. Was ok, Alec Baldwin seems to do a good job, was quite funny in some of them, and his partnership with Tina Fey goes pretty well together from what ive seen. Also just say i love Tina Fey, theres something about her, very attractive and funny! Well i might continue with the new season here then.