Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345
Results 3,441 to 3,448 of 3448
  1. #3441
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    27,633
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm now caught up on season 2 of Better Call Saul.
    Really enjoyed it. It's not as good as Breaking Bad perhaps, but it's a very enjoyable story and it's great to see the development of Jimmy's character. Can't wait to see where things go next when the new season comes out.

    I've also used our Netflix subscription to watch the first 2 seasons of Daredevil.
    Excellent series from Marvel here. It was a bit of a slow starter but it quickly gathered pace and I was really on the edge of my seat for most of it. Season 2 was fantastic. The introduction of Electra added another layer to the story and of course, I was extremely excited for The Punisher and seeing this season mainly revolving around him.
    The casting for this entire show has been on point. Perfect casting on the characters of Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Electra, Punisher, Wilson Fisk, Foggy. Really great top to bottom. Can't wait for the next series and I'm very excited for the Punisher spin off series.
    I think I'll watch Jessica Jones and Luke Cage next so that I can get caught up on them before they bring out the Defenders series. Anyone watched those and have any thoughts on them?

    I have also finished watching Black Sails on Amazon Prime lately. This series has gone from strength to strength as it went on and I'm sad that the next series will be the last. I'm eagerly looking forward to that though to see how this story will end.

    Seeing as my Amazon Prime will run out at the end of December, I'm hoping to use it to watch Sons of Anarchy, Mr Robot and Vikings before I run out, though I'm considering renewing it for another year so that I can get the new season of Black Sails and future Walking Dead series' too, along with anything else that tickles my fancy.

    I also have one more episode of Game of Thrones to watch until I'm all caught up.
    I'll then hopefully get on with catching up with The Walking Dead also since I'm behind the current series on that one.

  2. #3442
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    17,200
    Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are both great series also. I felt a fair few people undersold Jessica Jones to be honest, Tennant does as excellent job as the series protagonist. Iron Fist is up next before we get all four in the Defenders series.

    I do think it's fantastic on Marvels part how they integrate their tv universe and have it integrate with the Movie Universe also, that's one thing DC seems to lack unfortunately, their tv and Movie universes are definitely seperate.

    Make Mr. Robot a priority if you find yourself running out of time to fit things in, that and Westworld are the two best shows on tv at the moment in my eyes.

  3. #3443
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    27,633
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are both great series also. I felt a fair few people undersold Jessica Jones to be honest, Tennant does as excellent job as the series protagonist. Iron Fist is up next before we get all four in the Defenders series.

    I do think it's fantastic on Marvels part how they integrate their tv universe and have it integrate with the Movie Universe also, that's one thing DC seems to lack unfortunately, their tv and Movie universes are definitely seperate.

    Make Mr. Robot a priority if you find yourself running out of time to fit things in, that and Westworld are the two best shows on tv at the moment in my eyes.
    Cool, looking forward to those then! My friend's watched Jessica Jones and is currently watching Luke Cage and has said similar things. Yeah forgot about Iron Fist. Another superhero I don't know too much about, but I expect then to do another stellar job here. I notice how their casting for most, if not all, of their characters in both tv series' and movies have been spot on. Great work on their part.

    Absolutely. Marvel seem to have their shit sorted out and well thought out while the DC Universe seems a bit all over the shop to me. I'm still thinking that DC are just forcing the issue with things in an attempt to catch up and keep pace with what Marvel are doing, but because they're rushing things their product keeps coming out seeming half arsed and not quite hitting the mark they should be if they took more time to think it through properly.

    Yeah I've heard excellent things about Mr Robot, think I will put that up as next on my Amazon Prime list. It'll make a change from the fantasy and superheroes that GoT and Marvel series' offer. I don't know too much about Westworld but I'll certainly check it out on your recommendation, sir.

  4. #3444
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    17,200
    Westworld and Mr. Robot are two sublime pieces of well written and acted tv, GOT and Walking Dead have both soured for me in the last couple of seasons.

  5. #3445
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,690
    Blog Entries
    6
    I just finished Stranger Things and I liked it but surely I'm not the only one who got all the "ET on acid" vibes from it? C'mon, you've got a bunch of pre-adolescent kids running around playing D&D, riding their pushbikes, theres an alien and Matthew Modine playing a psychotic Peter Coyote? Anyone?


  6. #3446
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    17,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I just finished Stranger Things and I liked it but surely I'm not the only one who got all the "ET on acid" vibes from it? C'mon, you've got a bunch of pre-adolescent kids running around playing D&D, riding their pushbikes, theres an alien and Matthew Modine playing a psychotic Peter Coyote? Anyone?
    If Eleven broke some guys neck while holding him up in front of a shot of the Moon, it would have been complete.

  7. #3447
    I love stranger things my one of my childhood crush Wyonna Ryder <3 who looks as good as she did 20 years ago . I thought 11 was boy first two eps and I like toothless kid is funny shes our friend and she will kick your ass plus soundtrack is great



  8. #3448
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,690
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband View Post
    I love stranger things my one of my childhood crush Wyonna Ryder <3 who looks as good as she did 20 years ago . I thought 11 was boy first two eps and I like toothless kid is funny shes our friend and she will kick your ass plus soundtrack is great
    They blurred the lines about her gender when they had a couple of characters who said they thought she was a boy. I thought that was a nice touch.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.