Page 282 of 341 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272280281282283284 292 332 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3409
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    If anything, I actually think a lot of Americans these days seem to lend immediate credence to anything involving the Brits, even when it's unnecessary, as your sort of humor has been so pervasive here over the last couple of years. That's why I was so taken back when the critics tore Hello Ladies to shreds.

I'll definitely give it a look, though, as I've got all the episodes on my que.
    I actually have kinda noticed that a bit more. When you think about it, there's a lot more Brits on US tv, doing very well for themselves, than there has ever been before.

I've watched the second episode, it wasn't as good as the first. It's like they put a lot more work into that first ep. I'll keep watching, though.

Talking of Merchant; have you seen any of Karl's new show The Moaning of Life? Similar sort of concept as the Idiot Abroad stuff, except it's just Karl, going around different places trying to find how people fulfil their lives, etc. Trying to find the "meaning" of happiness, for example. I still enjoy Karl, I laughed at some of it.

I've been hearing similar complaints from other people, but I personally love the way they've been taking their time with all of the seemingly-disconnected stories, because it's obvious foundation-laying for when all of the storylines converge and shit goes all f.u.b.a.r.

Plus, I'm entranced by pretty much anything and everything involving Stephen Graham, so I'm of course loving the hell out of all the Capone/Mueller stuff. Also, Herc from The Wire.
    Yeah, I don't mind them taking their time, I like it well built, a slow build; I think it's just that normally Boardwalk have a big pivotal moment near the beginning, I think I got used to it. I, too, can't wait for the inevitable intersecting of intense inter-gangland excitement. I always love to see how Richard Harrow will eventually play into things.

Oh, same here brother. The Capone/Mueller stuff has been great. Mueller's slowly becoming what he used to despise. Graham's character's been loving the sniff-sniff as well, so you know the on-edge insanity from Capone is gonna get eaten up by Stephen Graham. Herc with hair, haha, good stuff.

Jeffrey Wright seems to be having a great time with his Doctor, as well. He's doing it really well. Feel his presence when he's on screen. Really good.

"You don't have to be a milk dud. You could be a tic tic the way your breath smells like you've been chewin on buttholes."
    "How does any genius figure out his inventions? I mean, how did Leonardo Di Caprio figure out about gravity? Cause the bitch was sleepin’ underneath a tree and an apple hit him on his head..."

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I actually have kinda noticed that a bit more. When you think about it, there's a lot more Brits on US tv, doing very well for themselves, than there has ever been before.

I've watched the second episode, it wasn't as good as the first. It's like they put a lot more work into that first ep. I'll keep watching, though.
    Yeah, I've seen 3 episodes now, and I just don't dig it. It's sporadically amusing and Merchant acquaints himself as a leading man well enough, but it's just completely missing the pathos that made Merchant and Gervais' collaborative efforts so special. As is, the show plays like an endless loop of awkward situations, and television is chock full o' shows already doing that shtick. Been there, done that (and better) just sort of permeates through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Talking of Merchant; have you seen any of Karl's new show The Moaning of Life? Similar sort of concept as the Idiot Abroad stuff, except it's just Karl, going around different places trying to find how people fulfil their lives, etc. Trying to find the "meaning" of happiness, for example. I still enjoy Karl, I laughed at some of it.
    No, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    So nobody watches Derek then?

This was my favourite bit of last weeks episode. Just the bit when they say "fixings!"; I just about cried at that bit. And you can sorta see Danny McBride is nearly cracking up. Lol.

Blog Entries
    So Mike and Molly returns tonight, and from all the previews, it seems like it is going in a COMPLETELY different direction. I'm not sure what to think, but I'm anxious to watch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    So Mike and Molly returns tonight, and from all the previews, it seems like it is going in a COMPLETELY different direction. I'm not sure what to think, but I'm anxious to watch
    Is that direction away from cheap gags and towards more cerebral humour?

Blog Entries
    Rewatching the old 2003 TMNT series for old times sake. Still find it better than the 2012 version.