Page 239 of 337 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229237238239240241 249 289 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3363
    As personally as bear takes any perceived slight against his precious HIMYM, I'm beginning to think he caters for the set or something. His constant defense of the show borders on the psychosomatic.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    As personally as bear takes any perceived slight against his precious HIMYM, I'm beginning to think he caters for the set or something. His constant defense of the show borders on the psychosomatic.
    I sometimes think this of certain users in respect to the wrestling feds they fawn over, no one can be that full of adulation and hold dear that no wrong can be done by said fed.

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    you know just cause you dont like the shows, doesnt mean they are shitty. i think half of the tv shows on are meant as an escape from real life. just cause they dont portray and accurate way of life, like Louie does, doesnt mean they arent good or shitty.
    We like what we like, personal preference and all that I get that, I do. I think you're wrong about the escapist thing though. The thing is with sitcoms is that they are a slice of life with a laugh here and there. That's why they're so popular. They don't get anywhere near the credit they deserve for what they do. Touching on all sorts of human interest stories things that are relatable to Joe everyman but because it's comedy they never get the recognition say, a straight drama would.

Blog Entries
    Har har har. If you even pay attention in the slightest, you would have seen in previous posts where ive Stated that certain episodes from this season were sub part or i just wasn't feeling them. I'm not some loon who thinks HIMYM can do no wrong. I can be objective about any show I watch. Just cause I voice my opinion, when someone typecasts a show I rather enjoy as shit, doesn't make me borderline psychosomatic. The fact you have to take a jibe like that at me, makes see others frustration with certain mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    I sometimes think this of certain users in respect to the wrestling feds they fawn over, no one can be that full of adulation and hold dear that no wrong can be done by said fed.
    Again, if i came here every week and said "oh my god, that was the best how i met your mother ever!" or constantly saying the show does no wrong, I could see your point. Any given show will have good/great/amazing episodes, and ok/bad/shitty episodes, and i think I can be objective enough to say when it was bad/shitty, but then again, what I view as good/ok, someone like ape might view as shitty.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, being escapist entertainment isn't the reason that the current state of HIMYM is shitty; the lazy writing, wheel-spinning, and general staleness of the whole thing is.
    Don't take this as a jab I'm just curious... How much of the current season of HIMYM have you actually watched?
    #TeamGeeky

Har har har. If you even pay attention in the slightest, you would have seen in previous posts where ive Stated that certain episodes from this season were sub part or i just wasn't feeling them. I'm not some loon who thinks HIMYM can do no wrong. I can be objective about any show I watch. Just cause I voice my opinion, when someone typecasts a show I rather enjoy as shit, doesn't make me borderline psychosomatic.
    I have been paying attention, which is why I've noticed that you routinely take any sort of hard-edged criticism levied at the show as some sort of affront, like you have some kind of personal creative investment (to the degree that it's even become a harmless running joke on the board). You also contend to be all about voicing your opinion, but seem incapable of handling it when others do the same, which is equally strange.

The fact you have to take a jibe like that at me, makes see others frustration with certain mods.
    You're either making some kind of strange sailing reference that's lost on me, or you've yet to work your phone situation out and actually intended to say "jab". In either case, if you're truly frustrated with someone, you'd probably be better off addressing them directly than throwing out thinly veiled references that only serve to muddy the waters. Some thicker skin might not hurt, either, as you're getting all kinds of unnecessarily butthurt over a harmless joke (might I suggest throwing on some Wailers or something).

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Don't take this as a jab I'm just curious... How much of the current season of HIMYM have you actually watched?
    I quit right before the two-parter, I think (which is, like, 9 or 10 episodes into the season). But keep in mind, I've been losing patience with the show since Season 6, so it's not as if I haven't given it ample opportunities to win me back over.

We've been over all this a couple of times before, haven't we?

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I have been paying attention, which is why I've noticed that you routinely take any sort of hard-edged criticism levied at the show as some sort of affront, like you have some kind of personal creative investment (to the degree that it's even become a harmless running joke on the board). You also contend to be all about voicing your opinion, but seem incapable of handling it when others do the same, which is equally strange.

You're either making some kind of strange sailing reference that's lost on me, or you've yet to work your phone situation out and actually intended to say "jab". In either case, if you're truly frustrated with someone, you'd probably be better off addressing them directly than throwing out thinly veiled references that only serve to muddy the waters. Some thicker skin might not hurt, either, as you're getting all kinds of unnecessarily butthurt over a harmless joke (might I suggest throwing on some Wailers or something).
    See that is the problem though. What you view as a "harmless joke" others, myself included, view as you being a condescending price. Yeah I know there is the running joke that 90% of the time my name is brought up, it correlates to HIMYM. I'm perfectly fine with people voicing their opinions. Ttomsta stated his opinion that shows like HIMYM and tbbt are shit. I countered with my own view point. Look at it this way, if i watched the wire, or some other show you are a huge fan of, and just wrote it off as garbage, wouldn't that bug ya just a Little? Cause in your eyes, and others, it's not.

Blog Entries
    I quit right before the two-parter, I think (which is, like, 9 or 10 episodes into the season). But keep in mind, I've been losing patience with the show since Season 6, so it's not as if I haven't given it ample opportunities to win me back over.

We've been over all this a couple of times before, haven't we?
    You stated that you watched a couple episodes this season but I was just curious on which episode you finally lost complete interest on...
    #TeamGeeky

See that is the problem though. What you view as a "harmless joke" others, myself included, view as you being a condescending price.
    I guess we could all compile personal lists of acceptable material for others to needle one another about in the interest of not offending everyone's delicate sensitivities, but I'm still thinking some thicker skin might be a tad more efficient. But, again, if I've really hurt your feelings that much over implying that you've ever been involved with the provision of food to remote locations, I encourage you to take it up with me directly. You've never seemed to have an issue throwing me a PM for any other reason, so I'm not sure why this is different.

Yeah I know there is the running joke that 90% of the time my name is brought up, it correlates to HIMYM. I'm perfectly fine with people voicing their opinions. Ttomsta stated his opinion that shows like HIMYM and tbbt are shit. I countered with my own view point. Look at it this way, if i watched the wire, or some other show you are a huge fan of, and just wrote it off as garbage, wouldn't that bug ya just a Little? Cause in your eyes, and others, it's not.
    Why would that bug me? I didn't make it. And it's of little consequence to me that others appreciate the same things that I do. Does knowing that strangers are in their respective living rooms not loving what I love somehow supposed to make my viewing experience less enriching or something?

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9