Page 238 of 340 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228236237238239240 248 288 338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3392
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    So something happened tonight, that hasn't happened since the Barney proposing to Robin episode. Tonight's episode of HIMYM had me hooked. It had a a unique twist we hadn't seen in other episodes, it touched on past material, and it had a really impactfull emotional moment, for me at least. 45 days....I hope...in 45 days
    I follow HIMYM too & I thought it was great! They keep us hanging on.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

I've been watching 'Louie' which is kind of unique in terms of of American sitcoms, in that it's just so fucking bleak and depressing, and that makes it awesome!!! I was watching some Louis CK stand up the other day, and it popped up in my recommendations and I'm glad it did, because its brilliant!! Life really isn't like how it's portrayed in these fanboy blindly followed shitty sitcoms like How I met your Mother and the Big Bang Theory. Life is tough, and a real fucking struggle, and Louie showcases that perfectly. If you're a miserable bastard and a realist like me, check it out, I'm sure you'll love it. if not, well keep watching shit like HIMYM and TBBT

Blog Entries
    So CBS renewed a slew of shows today. Ones that I was particularly happy about were the good wife, the amazing race, survivor, elementary, and person of interest. Sadly no word on criminal minds though

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    So CBS renewed a slew of shows today. Ones that I was particularly happy about were the good wife, the amazing race, survivor, elementary, and person of interest. Sadly no word on criminal minds though
    Awesome, I like that show! Hopefully I can watch more of it when I get the chance.

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I've been watching 'Louie' which is kind of unique in terms of of American sitcoms, in that it's just so fucking bleak and depressing, and that makes it awesome!!! I was watching some Louis CK stand up the other day, and it popped up in my recommendations and I'm glad it did, because its brilliant!! Life really isn't like how it's portrayed in these fanboy blindly followed shitty sitcoms like How I met your Mother and the Big Bang Theory. Life is tough, and a real fucking struggle, and Louie showcases that perfectly. If you're a miserable bastard and a realist like me, check it out, I'm sure you'll love it. if not, well keep watching shit like HIMYM and TBBT
    I don't know where you get that notion that TBBT is an accurate portrait of real life. I watch it because I find it funny. If I want a gritty view of reality, I'd rely on The Wire or House of Cards.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    you know just cause you dont like the shows, doesnt mean they are shitty. i think half of the tv shows on are meant as an escape from real life. just cause they dont portray and accurate way of life, like Louie does, doesnt mean they arent good or shitty.

Yeah, being escapist entertainment isn't the reason that the current state of HIMYM is shitty; the lazy writing, wheel-spinning, and general staleness of the whole thing is.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, being escapist entertainment isn't the reason that the current state of HIMYM is shitty; the lazy writing, wheel-spinning, and general staleness of the whole thing is.
    Again, much like tomsta, that is your opinion. To me, the episodes have been hits and misses, and the ones that have hit, have been really good. If something was truly shit, dont you think it would get cancelled, like foxs show the mob doctor for example

Since when have ratings ever been an accurate barometer of quality? What a bizarre argument.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I never understood how people can get so defensive over something as trivial as a tv show? Ah well, each to their own I suppose. I guess the same is true of many things that seem they shouldn't overtly matter to me, a matter of individual opinion.

Anyway I'm going to get Netflix again over the Bank Holiday weekend, so I may actually get round to watching Breaking Bad, Heroes and The Inbetweeners.