Page 233 of 340 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223231232233234235 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3393
    Parks and Recreation is officially my new favourite show. Brilliant. I haven't literally laughed out loud this much at a TV show in ages. Since i've been getting the US Netflix I thought I'd give the first episode a shot, that was yesterday, today i'm starting season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Parks and Recreation is officially my new favourite show. Brilliant. I haven't literally laughed out loud this much at a TV show in ages. Since i've been getting the US Netflix I thought I'd give the first episode a shot, that was yesterday, today i'm starting season 3.
    Everything concerning Lil' Sebastian is comedic gold.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I must admit, I found the first series of P&E slow going but having heard that it gains momentum I am sticking with it. I was having a hard time just watching episodes of a series a chunk at a time, as in numerous episodes back to back so I've decided to make up a bit of a mixup on my hard drive of episodes from season 2 of P&E with shows like Trailer Park Boys, Eastbound and Down, Archer, Frisky Dingo, The Simpsons, It's Always Sunny..., Flight Of The Conchords and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Like my own personal Adult Swim......mainly for when I am baked haha. I'll let you know how that goes

Blog Entries
    What's the funniest show you have ever watched???

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What's the funniest show you have ever watched???
    Arrested Development

Spin City

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I think the first season of Twin Peaks started some real water-cooler discussion, and so did The X-Files to some extent. But The Sopranos was the show that took it to another level (though it could be argued that Oz was the impetus that opened the doors for stuff like Sopranos to even come to be, so that probably deserves some credit as well).
    Yeah, I couldn't really say as I wasn't into good tv back, because I was a child, but The Sopranos is something I remember people talking about when it was shown over here, well certainly the first American show, you know, other than Friends-like fodder. Actually, now I think about it, yes, The X-Files. My mum used to watch alot of that.

I'll be real curious to hear your thoughts as you go, particularly regarding some of the more divisive elements such as the dream sequences and the infamous ending. I personally ate up the more existential and ponderous elements of the show that some fans seemed to turn on, especially as the show aspired to become deeper and more layered in the later seasons (which is primarily where most people started hopping off the truck). To me, the show was soooooooooooooo much more than just about seeing people get whacked, and I think you'll be one of the ones to genuinely appreciate its loftier goals.

Truly one of the most expertly crafted pieces of entertainment ever. (And it's great that Sopranos vet Terence Winter is keeping the spirit alive on his massively under-appreciated Boardwalk Empire.)
    Yeah, I love all that kinda shit. The use of the therapy as a way for the central character to reveal his thoughts and feelings and struggles with the pressure heaped upon him in his two families, was a great way to go, rather than, say, the 'voice-over in his thoughts thing'; it adds a slightly greater reality to it all. I think I have been aware of the ending, but possibly forgot it and put it to the back of my mind, so I'm still gonna stray away from confirming it just now, until I eventually find it out naturally in the series.

What I enjoy most of all is just the camaraderie between the characters, in the mob-family life, aswell as the family-family life. The little things, and the love and respect between characters around there, is there, whether hidden, or underplayed by the individual, or not. Seeing it presented by the performances of the ensemble, is a high, for me. Things some people would see as mundane, or nothing noteworthy do actually mean something. There is as much to be taken from and enjoyed in these moments as anything elsewhere. Moments where the camera stays on a single actor just driving a car and entering a house is perfect. Also love the fact that they're not afraid to kill off, what I would assume would be, popular charactars. If it's needed for that story, it's done.

No, it's a MASSIVE disappointment. If you want a fix of badass Chiklis, you'd be way better off checking out The Shield (it's truly on the same echelon as stuff like Breaking Bad and The Wire) .
    Oh well, think I'll give Vegas a pass then. Don't really have time, when there is better stuff out there. I've seen you talk highly of The Shield quite a bit Ape, I need to give it a watch soon, maybe after Sopranos, and Breaking Bad.

I've just got done with The Wire...again. Fuck, do I love it. Notice some proper F. Scott Fitzgerald shit in some of the last season. I dunno, some proper other literary genii in there aswell.

It's gonna be like the inverse of that saying about painting the Forth Rail Bridge for me: once I get to the end, I'll just start again...out of choice, not neccesity. Well, neccesity for me, to watch...fuck a duck...you know what I mean. Shit, you probably don't.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shameless continues to go from strength to fucking strength. Part of its appeal for me is the fact that it's willing to cross boundaries that many shows wouldn't dare. Episode six of the latest season kinda went to places only the truly depraved would ever dare tread.

The lengths that Veronica went to to get Kevin to impregnate her mother were truly amazing.

Side note: am I the only one who thinks that Kevin and Rhyno/Rhino/Terry Gerin look like they were separated from birth?
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    So last nights himym was good. Not great, just good. Im still wondering if we have seen the last of the playbook. One show that i feel is underrated is mike and molly. Billy gardell and melissa mccarthy do an amazing job.

Mike and Molly is just a bad King of Queens.