Page 230 of 341 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220228229230231232 240 280 330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3409
    Started watching The Soprano's for the first time. (I know! Eventually!) Love it. All I've been doing now is eating pasta. Was there a show before this, this good, that people would regularly talk about like they do now with good shows? I couldn't say, but it seems this started it off?

The show Vegas has started over here after alot of tv promo - it looked alright; is it something I should be recording, and getting into?

Blog Entries
    Coincidence but I started watching The Sopranos earlier this week as well. I've seen the later seasons when it aired on TV but I felt like watching it properly form the start again. I'm already on season 2 ep 6, first season was very addictive, like the struggles in a hierarchy is probably my favourite theme to have in any kind of story (Films, shows, books) and season 1 was all that, well at least his Mafia side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Started watching The Soprano's for the first time. (I know! Eventually!) Love it. All I've been doing now is eating pasta. Was there a show before this, this good, that people would regularly talk about like they do now with good shows? I couldn't say, but it seems this started it off?
    I think the first season of Twin Peaks started some real water-cooler discussion, and so did The X-Files to some extent. But The Sopranos was the show that took it to another level (though it could be argued that Oz was the impetus that opened the doors for stuff like Sopranos to even come to be, so that probably deserves some credit as well).

I'll be real curious to hear your thoughts as you go, particularly regarding some of the more divisive elements such as the dream sequences and the infamous ending. I personally ate up the more existential and ponderous elements of the show that some fans seemed to turn on, especially as the show aspired to become deeper and more layered in the later seasons (which is primarily where most people started hopping off the truck). To me, the show was soooooooooooooo much more than just about seeing people get whacked, and I think you'll be one of the ones to genuinely appreciate its loftier goals.

Truly one of the most expertly crafted pieces of entertainment ever. (And it's great that Sopranos vet Terence Winter is keeping the spirit alive on his massively under-appreciated Boardwalk Empire.)

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    The show Vegas has started over here after alot of tv promo - it looked alright; is it something I should be recording, and getting into?
    No, it's a MASSIVE disappointment. If you want a fix of badass Chiklis, you'd be way better off checking out The Shield (it's truly on the same echelon as stuff like Breaking Bad and The Wire) .

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

On another note: last night's Parks & Rec. was one of the best half-hours of comedy I've seen in ages. It was, like, series high stuff.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    So watched tonight's episode of HIMYM. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. If anything I'd say average. I'd give it a 2.5/5.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    So watched tonight's episode of HIMYM. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. If anything I'd say average. I'd give it a 2.5/5.
    What happened in your new one? I'm curious as to whether we're up to date or not

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What happened in your new one? I'm curious as to whether we're up to date or not
    I think we are a week or two behind.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Ted told q story of the last time he saw the Captain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Ted told q story of the last time he saw the Captain
    Yeah, our "new" one last night was Barney and his dog wingman (lame) and Ted breaking up with whatsherface because of Robin. I really get angry watching that douche lol

Blog Entries
    Yeah, our "new" one last night was Barney and his dog wingman (lame) and Ted breaking up with whatsherface because of Robin. I really get angry watching that douche lol
    I'm not sure but I think you lot are like over 10 episodes behind.