Page 216 of 343 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206214215216217218 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I am thankful that community has lasted this long. I hope this next season doesn't feel rushed... I fear that it's going to be by far the worst season, though I will be gladly proven wrong.

I agree, but when you cancel so many great shows people get angry... I posted this as my status on facebook and one of my friends wrote "OX does that constantly. That is why I only watch sports on FOX. Get invested in a show, and bam cancelled after like 10 episodes" that's not a great thing for people to think about your company.
    Being rushed is the least of the show's worries. Like, um, ALL of the writing and conceptual talent that made the show into the thing that everyone came to love have departed the series, so I would imagine that being of far greater concern.

Besides, the show has been on an extended hiatus, meaning they've had more time than the other seasons had to put together whatever it is that they're putting together. Why "being rushed" would enter the picture as anyone's concern is way beyond me. Where did you even come up with that?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Getting into a show is like getting into a relationship. You're never sure where it's going to go, how long it's going to last, if it's going to be good, get worse or get better with time. And there is a myriad of outside forces that affect it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Being rushed is the least of the show's worries. Like, um, ALL of the writing and conceptual talent that made the show into the thing that everyone came to love have departed the series, so I would imagine that being of far greater concern.

Besides, the show has been on an extended hiatus, meaning they've had more time than the other seasons had to put together whatever it is that they're putting together. Why "being rushed" would enter the picture as anyone's concern is way beyond me. Where did you even come up with that?
    I was under the impression that most of the episodes have already been taped before they announced the hiatus... I meant rushed as in they were trying to close all the storylines they wanted to hit on as quickly as possible to get the show over with.

I was under the impression that most of the episodes have already been taped before they announced the hiatus...
    The hiatus didn't come in the middle of a season, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I meant rushed as in they were trying to close all the storylines they wanted to hit on as quickly as possible to get the show over with.
    Dan Harmon's no longer involved, and the network couldn't care less as to whether any of the series-spanning arcs get wrapped up or not. All they're looking at is getting to the magic number of episodes that's going to start bringing in that syndication money. This next stretch of episodes isn't about finality; it's about people in suits making that cheddar. Hence, people are better off not getting their hopes up.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Dennniiiiii----iiiiiisssss! I'm over here! Lookatmelookatmelookatme!!!!! Why aren't you noticing me and my wit???

Blog Entries
    The hiatus didn't come in the middle of a season, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Dan Harmon's no longer involved, and the network couldn't care less as to whether any of the series-spanning arcs get wrapped up or not. All they're looking at is getting to the magic number of episodes that's going to start bringing in that syndication money. This next stretch of episodes isn't about finality; it's about people in suits making that cheddar. Hence, people are better off not getting their hopes up.
    I agree... Comedy central already owns the rights to show episodes after this last season right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Getting into a show is like getting into a relationship. You're never sure where it's going to go, how long it's going to last, if it's going to be good, get worse or get better with time. And there is a myriad of outside forces that affect it.
    That's true... I guess I got my hopes too high for this show... I really enjoyed ben and kate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Dennniiiiii----iiiiiisssss! I'm over here! Lookatmelookatmelookatme!!!!! Why aren't you noticing me and my wit???
    hahahahahaha Every witty post has to have in it some where.

Blog Entries
    The fact that ben and kate didn't take off is a miracle to me. It's hilarious... I would go as far as to say it was having the best season of any of the sitcoms currently airing...
    And that is where our opinions disagree. For me, having seen some of ben and kate, I feel like Raising Hope is doing alot better, comical wise, compared to Ben and Kate. I can see why Fox pulled Ben and kate, and why ABC pulled don't trust the b

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    And that is where our opinions disagree. For me, having seen some of ben and kate, I feel like Raising Hope is doing alot better, comical wise, compared to Ben and Kate. I can see why Fox pulled Ben and kate, and why ABC pulled don't trust the b
    Raising Hope might have more laughs per minute, but I don't think that translated to it being the better show. Ben and Kate was more grounded in reality and thus more relatable, and, for me, that made the sentimental moments pay off better than Hope's attempts at the same thing.

Both quality programs, in my estimation. They just had different strengths.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Raising Hope might have more laughs per minute, but I don't think that translated to it being the better show. Ben and Kate was more grounded in reality and thus more relatable, and, for me, that made the sentimental moments pay off better than Hope's attempts at the same thing.

Both quality programs, in my estimation. They just had different strengths.
    ^^^^ I agree with this.

I am a big fan of raising hope as well. But I feel like when I'm watching raising hope, I'm watching a family that loves each other... but it couldn't be my family or really anyone around me... whereas I could imagine being or knowing someone like ben ... or just knowing someone like kate.