Page 177 of 343 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167175176177178179 187 227 277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3423
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I don't normally say this, but, I've just got in after a few; and this is so much win. Each point.

Elementary is essentially Mentalist, which, is essentially Castle, which, is essentially the general conception for most detective shows, which, is formulaic taken from the basic principles of the Holmes and Watson investigative hijinks.
    Yeah, but Castle also pushes right up on Dramedy. It might not be, but it is really damn close and knocking on the door.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    Yeah, but Castle also pushes right up on Dramedy. It might not be, but it is really damn close and knocking on the door.
    They all try to push in some 'dramedy'. But, the comedy, as you say, not quite there. Some folks might like that sort of thing, all power to them, but, that's where Psych succeeds over ALL in the cheesy-detective-show department. Psych knows what it is, and hams it up for that sole purpose. I'd watch a hundred Psychs over one of any of the others, any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    They all try to push in some 'dramedy'. But, the comedy, as you say, not quite there. Some folks might like that sort of thing, all power to them, but, that's where Psych succeeds over ALL in the cheesy-detective-show department. Psych knows what it is, and hams it up for that sole purpose. I'd watch a hundred Psychs over one of any of the others, any day.
    Yep. 'Droo is right on the money.

The more I think about it, the more I realize just how damn underrated Psych actually is; it's the procedural that all other procedurals should aspire to be. It takes the well-worn hallmarks of its genre and wears them not as a weight, but rather as a shiny toy badge of honor that's there to be played with.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yep. 'Droo is right on the money.

The more I think about it, the more I realize just how damn underrated Psych actually is; it's the procedural that all other procedurals should aspire to be. It takes the well-worn hallmarks of its genre and wears them not as a weight, but rather as a shiny toy badge of honor that's there to be played with.
    Just so, so, fucking true. Like, it's not the greatest show in history, far from it, and so what sometimes the Shawn character annoys me, (sometimes), but, when you think about it, it's written, and acted, spectacularly for what it knows that it intends to be discernable as.

Blog Entries
    I don't know. Nathan Fillion is great, because he is being Nathan Fillion. A naturally goofy guy, who got the role that let him really be him. He doesn't have to stretch, and that is rare for any show. They also have Seamus Dever and Jon Fuertas who play off each other as a smarter version of the Pink Panther style. It is a very intelligent show.

I was talking Castle here, if you all don't know actors names or haven't seen it.

As far as Psych, I can see it's appeal, but the comedy is a bit too over the top for me, and I can't stand Corban Bernson (?)

Blog Entries
    I don't know. Nathan Fillion is great, because he is being Nathan Fillion. A naturally goofy guy, who got the role that let him really be him. He doesn't have to stretch, and that is rare for any show. They also have Seamus Dever and Jon Fuertas who play off each other as a smarter version of the Pink Panther style. It is a very intelligent show.

I was talking Castle here, if you all don't know actors names or haven't seen it.

As far as Psych, I can see it's appeal, but the comedy is a bit too over the top for me, and I can't stand Corban Bernson (?)
    I have never seen the appeal in that Fillion guy. For years people have rated him to me and I just don't get it.

Corbin Bernsen is a bit of a legend in a Bruce Campbell kind of way.

I've started to watch a bit of The Mentalist. I initially thought that it was going to be yet another of these formulaic shows but Simon Baker plays his part with a dry wit I find entertaining and for once I can say I don't find Robin Tunny annoying.

If any of you are so inclined, there's a good Aussie series worth checking out called Rake. Also, one called Lowdown from the creator and star of the original Wilfred.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I have never seen the appeal in that Fillion guy. For years people have rated him to me and I just don't get it.

Corbin Bernsen is a bit of a legend in a Bruce Campbell kind of way.

I've started to watch a bit of The Mentalist. I initially thought that it was going to be yet another of these formulaic shows but Simon Baker plays his part with a dry wit I find entertaining and for once I can say I don't find Robin Tunny annoying.

If any of you are so inclined, there's a good Aussie series worth checking out called Rake. Also, one called Lowdown from the creator and star of the original Wilfred.
    If I can find it I'll give Rake a go.

I don't know what you mean by "Have Rated him to me."

Bruce Campbell is a horrible actor by comparison to Corbin Bernsen.

Blog Entries
    If I can find it I'll give Rake a go.

I don't know what you mean by "Have Rated him to me."

Bruce Campbell is a horrible actor by comparison to Corbin Bernsen.
    You're missing the point with actors like Bernsen and Campbell. They're like, 75% ham actors. That's their thing.

Rated him to me= other people rate him = they think he's good.

If you watch Rake, you should know it's based on an actual person. According to my sister who knows him or someone that does(?), it's pretty close to the mark. There's a new show, Jack Irish I think it's called, with Guy Pearce which has only just kicked off but I'm liking it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You're missing the point with actors like Bernsen and Campbell. They're like, 75% ham actors. That's their thing.

Rated him to me= other people rate him = they think he's good.

If you watch Rake, you should know it's based on an actual person. According to my sister who knows him or someone that does(?), it's pretty close to the mark. There's a new show, Jack Irish I think it's called, with Guy Pearce which has only just kicked off but I'm liking it.
    I'm not gonna say he is Cary Grant or anything, but I do think he is good.

As far as Bernsen and Campbell, yeah, but they just aren't good at it to me. Campbell especially. Bernsen at least has been funny or hammed it up well before. (IE: Major League.) I can't make any case for Campbell. But that is a discussion most relegated to the movie part of this thread. Although, Campbell is completely annoying in Burn Notice, and Bernsen isn't always annoying in Psych.

Pearce is doing television now? Crazy. I didn't know that. Dude's been on the cusp of breaking through as a legit Hollywood big screen lead for over a decade now, but I guess Lockout bombing has finally sealed the deal in regards to that ever happening, huh? Shame. Still, I'm going to have to check that out.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5