Page 176 of 342 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166174175176177178 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3420
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    an episode or two.. that's why am asking if he has a watson haha. I had previously asked this to someone who does watch the mentalist and they said no...
    Interesting... I'll say The Mentalist does have a Watson type character.

seasons 2-4 of house were higher rated than mentalist by a noticeable number.
    The highest-rated season of House was 19.9 million viewers compared to The Mentalist's peak of 17.5 million. So, yeah, there was some difference in their respective audiences, but not quite the disparity that you're making there out to be. These numbers also don't paint the entire picture as they're peak and not really indicative of the overall scene, as The Mentalist viewership has yet to plunge in the same way that House did (seriously, that shit basically ended up falling off a cliff). Factors such as time-slot and competition in said time-slot also aren't being taken into account. So, really, for argument's sake, these shows did pull roughly the same numbers.

I worded my original statement wrong... I was more saying that at least I have always found shows with a dominate watson character to be better... and for my knowledge there is no watson in the mentalist... if I'm wrong I'm sorry haha
    The character of Lisbon is basically Jane's Watson, though they have some romantic entanglements. But the point still stands.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    The highest-rated season of House was 19.9 million viewers compared to The Mentalist's peak of 17.5 million. So, yeah, there was some difference in their respective audiences, but not quite the disparity that you're making there out to be. These numbers also don't paint the entire picture as they're peak and not really indicative of the overall scene, as The Mentalist viewership has yet to plunge in the same way that House did (seriously, that shit basically ended up falling off a cliff). Factors such as time-slot and competition in said time-slot also aren't being taken into account. So, really, for argument's sake, these shows did pull roughly the same numbers.

The character of Lisbon is basically Jane's Watson, though they have some romantic entanglements. But the point still stands.
    This is what I hope they avoid in Elementary. They are doing it in Castle, and I'm not sure I like the angle, although I'm not sure I dislike it either.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    This is what I hope they avoid in Elementary. They are doing it in Castle, and I'm not sure I like the angle, although I'm not sure I dislike it either.
    I think I might have posted this a couple of pages back, but the producers have pledged that this won't be happening. It's a smart move on their part.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I think I might have posted this a couple of pages back, but the producers have pledged that this won't be happening. It's a smart move on their part.
    yea, I remember you saying something about that. I think it's smart as well, romantic interests seems to kill great shows. I like psych but juliet and shawns romance killed that show IMO.
    #BeJelly

yea, I remember you saying something about that. I think it's smart as well, romantic interests seems to kill great shows. I like psych but juliet and shawns romance killed that show IMO.
    I really like Psych, but it's honestly not a show that I follow religiously. Like, I catch repeats from time to time and I'm content with that. It sucks to hear this, though. The only romance that show should ever really make room for is the one between Shawn and Gus.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I really like Psych, but it's honestly not a show that I follow religiously. Like, I catch repeats from time to time and I'm content with that. It sucks to hear this, though. The only romance that show should ever really make room for is the one between Shawn and Gus.
    shawn and gus's romance is one of the greatest bromances on tv... haha troy and abed also have an epic bromance
    #BeJelly

shawn and gus's romance is one of the greatest bromances on tv... haha troy and abed also have an epic bromance
    Troy and Abed are indeed great. My favorite bromance, though, has got to be with these two:

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Troy and Abed are indeed great. My favorite bromance, though, has got to be with these two:

haha that was a classic. ben and tommy from ben and kate are getting an epic bromance going as well haha
    #BeJelly

My favorite bromance, though, has got to be with these two:

I don't normally say this, but, I've just got in after a few; and this is so much win. Each point.

Elementary is essentially Mentalist, which, is essentially Castle, which, is essentially the general conception for most detective shows, which, is formulaic taken from the basic principles of the Holmes and Watson investigative hijinks.