Page 158 of 341 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148156157158159160 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3409
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Yeah I realise that now, but at that moment it was related to Mike and the average viewer would've thought the same. And technically with Walt killing Mike and earlier Walt referencing Icarus to Jesse about Mike getting to close to the Walts meth and he'll get burned soon, it all kind of adds up aswell...
    You're still focusing on the literal in a conversation about the symbolic. Mike isn't Icarus in this scenario, regardless of what Walter says. That's the ironic part.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    You're still focusing on the literal in a conversation about the symbolic. Mike isn't Icarus in this scenario, regardless of what Walter says. That's the ironic part.
    I get it. Lol

Akbro, I think we can at least both agree on this episode having two of the strongest montages in the show's history, yeah?

They had to be wanting to use "Crystal Blue Persuasion" since, like, episode numero uno. It's like Tommy James and the Shondells wrote it expressly for the show...40+ years in advance.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Akbro, I think we can at least both agree on this episode having two of the strongest montages in the show's history, yeah?

They had to be wanting to use "Crystal Blue Persuasion" since, like, episode numero uno. It's like Tommy James and the Shondells wrote it expressly for the show...40+ years in advance.
    The prison killing was brilliant, very reminiscent of Goodfellas I thought. And the other one with the tents taking over the city was the best one I've seen yet. I laughed when that song came on. Lol

Blog Entries
    I should rename this thread "Breaking Bad (oh and some other TV too)"

Yeah, Akbro and I are sort of dicks for interrupting all of the excellent "Walking Deadz is so epic" and "Dexter. One word. Epic <3" posts of epic epicery that this thread has become known for. By comparison, our Breaking Bad-specific yammering was, while likely a great deal wordier, much less smaller in scope and therefore bereft of the sort of epic epicness that epics usually need to epic.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Akbro and I are sort of dicks for interrupting all of the excellent "Walking Deadz is so epic" and "Dexter. One word. Epic <3" posts of epic epicery that this thread has become known for. By comparison, our Breaking Bad-specific yammering was, while likely a great deal wordier, much less smaller in scope and therefore bereft of the sort of epic epicness that epics usually need to epic.
    Someone hit that damn thing, I think it's stuck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I should rename this thread "Breaking Bad (oh and some other TV too)"
    Name it Breaking Bad and Mad Men, because when BB isn't on, Mad Men is the best show on TV and deserves as much discussion as BB gets on this thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Name it Breaking Bad and Mad Men, because when BB isn't on, Mad Men is the best show on TV and deserves as much discussion as BB gets on this thread.
    Hey, I'm not arguing with you. You guys are keeping this thread alive. And informative. Although I must admit I don't read much of what you guys post as I'm waiting to watch BB (No Akkie, not Big Brother ) and am trying to avoid any spoilers. But, unlike some users, I'm not about to decry you guys doing it without waiting for me to catch up.