Page 142 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3232
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I imagine disagreeing with the views of the show can make it difficult to enjoy The Newsroom, good thing I ain't one of them so loving the show currently. But it is very one sided, like proper one sided, can make it frustrating viewing for people on the other side.

Also I think if I was American and followed the politics over there more, I would appreciate/enjoy/understand the show more... maybe
    Color me shocked that Olivia Munn has turned out to not just be a competent actress but also one of the highlights of the show. I was kind of disappointed when I originally heard that she had been cast, and her character's initial introduction didn't really do much to inspire any confidence. Over a handful of episodes or so, though, she has blossomed into her role and really proven her worth. I mean, holding your own amongst the likes of Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, and Sam Waterston at this stage in an acting career is pretty damn impressive.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Color me shocked that Olivia Munn has turned out to not just be a competent actress but also one of the highlights of the show. I was kind of disappointed when I originally heard that she had been cast, and her character's initial introduction didn't really do much to inspire any confidence. Over a handful of episodes or so, though, she has blossomed into her role and really proven her worth. I mean, holding your own amongst the likes of Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, and Sam Waterston at this stage in an acting career is pretty damn impressive.
    I love Olivia Munn, my second favourite actor on that show, only a matter of time until she bones either Jeff or Don. Also Sloan, her chemistry with Don is another highlight of the show. Especially the last 2 eps. Maggie still kind of annoying though, sometimes funny (I'm always dodging bullets) but we're only 7 eps in so I'll give her time.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Okay, so who have heard of the new JJ Abrams show launching this fall? Revolution I believe it is call... The setting is 15years after the "blackout" (I suppose a solar flare, reversing of the magnetic poles, or world wide EMP bomb is suspect) which leaves all electronics and their power sources null and pointless. I am not sure of the stars in the show yet, but the commercials I have seen have me interested, and I am a JJ Abrams fan, so I am sure I will be adding this to the short list of shows that I DO watch (with Fringe and Suits) on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    It's been on a steady decline for the past 7 seasons.
    Most cartoon shows like that are unfortunately. I can't remember the last good episode of The Simpsons, and South Park is very hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Most cartoon shows like that are unfortunately. I can't remember the last good episode of The Simpsons, and South Park is very hit and miss.
    Well, at least there will always be the massively underrated King of the Hill, which was that rare show that actually got almost consistently better as it went.

It amuses me to no end that, even with all of the gonzo action and sporadic ultra-violence on Breaking Bad, the intimate moments back at the White family home somehow remain the most explosive aspect of the show. Holy shit @ tonight's dinner party.
    Skyler’s tattered emotional state while floating in the pool made me think back to the tattered and damaged teddy bear floating in the pool back in season two. I don’t know if they were trying to draw some kind of parallel, but that is what I instantly thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    Skyler’s tattered emotional state while floating in the pool made me think back to the tattered and damaged teddy bear floating in the pool back in season two. I don’t know if they were trying to draw some kind of parallel, but that is what I instantly thought of.
    Yeah, it's interesting to note that tattered bear had come from the wreckage that had fallen out of the sky, and special attention was paid to making that pool in last night's episode look a shade of blue eerily similar to that of an ABQ skyline.

Yeah, it's interesting to note that tattered bear had come from the wreckage that had fallen out of the sky, and special attention was paid to making that pool in last night's episode look a shade of blue eerily similar to that of an ABQ skyline.
    I guess they were trying to draw that parallel then. I didn’t know if I was reaching because there are all kinds of theories about that teddy bear.

When they were watching Scarface in last weeks episode and Walt pointed out that everybody dies at the end. I wonder if they were giving something away or just trying to throw us off? I also thought about the say hello to my little friend gun moment in contrast to the huge gun in the trunk of the season premier cold opening.

I guess they were trying to draw that parallel then. I didn’t know if I was reaching because there are all kinds of theories about that teddy bear.
    I love the mystery surrounding that damn thing: how it appears in Jane's painting; how baby Holly spends much of Season 4 dressed to resemble the bear; and the striking similarities with Gus Fring's face post-tea-time with Tio.

When they were watching Scarface in last weeks episode and Walt pointed out that everybody dies at the end. I wonder if they were giving something away or just trying to throw us off? I also thought about the say hello to my little friend gun moment in contrast to the huge gun in the trunk of the season premier cold opening.
    I'm pretty sure it's all a big misdirect (as well as a wink and a nod to diehard fans). Gilligan & Co. never seem to swerve in the direction the audience expects, and we almost always end up treated to see some development or occurrence way beyond our wildest imaginations.

Does anybody understand or appreciate Small Town Security? It’s that show that comes on after Breaking bad. I guess it is a celebration of how people on the east and west coast view us humble fly over state people. How would you even sell this show to someone to make them watch?