Page 1 of 337 123 11 51 101 ... LastLast

The television discussion thread

We're in the golden age of television right now, with many scripted series offering more quality content than much of what you'll find on the big screen these days. This will be a place for talking about anything and everything pertaining to the amazingness of the boob tube.

To start things off, I'll list my all-time favorite shows:

- The Shield
    - Arrested Development
    - Freaks and Geeks
    - Breaking Bad (this show is still running, and everyone owes to themselves to check it out)
    - Curb Your Enthusiasm
    - The Office UK (I loved the early seasons of the American show, but it's turned into a bit of a cartoon as of late)

Fantastic current shows that people should be watching:

- Boardwalk Empire
    - Breaking Bad (again, this show is amazing)
    - The Walking Dead
    - Terriers (best new of this season, though it's likely to get canceled on account of no one watching it)
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - Eastbound & Down
    - Southland
    - Community
    - Dexter (was much better in its first and second seasons, but it's still pretty entertaining, although wildly uneven)

So, what do you guys watch?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Hannah Montana, iCarly, the Jonas brothers.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Does your material get amusing at any point?

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Friend just introduced me to Archer. Love that show.

Mike & Molly gets a couple laughs.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Am I the only one unable to use pictures and video in this thread? The options to insert the two aren't even available. Also, whenever I go to quote someone, it doesn't work. What in the hell?

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Am I the only one unable to use pictures and video in this thread? The options to insert the two aren't even available. Also, whenever I go to quote someone, it doesn't work. What in the hell?
    Yeah those tags dont work in this area. Either by Franks design or he still has bugs to work out

Bodom- "Friend just introduced me to Archer. Love that show."

Yeah, the writing is really strong, and I love the cast of voice actors (H. Jon Benjamin is one of the coolest guys I've ever had the fortune of hanging out with).

Bodom- "Mike & Molly gets a couple laughs."

I'm not sure about that one. The two leads are both appealing, but I'm not really sure about building an television around a series of lazy fat jokes. But then again, one-note caricatures seems to be producer Chuck Lorre's modus operandi. Every episode of Two and a Half Men is nothing more than a group of unlikable misogynists making dick and fart jokes, and Big Bang Theory doesn't pay tribute to nerds so much as it just shamelessly exploits the stereotype (crazy how its fans have yet to figure this out).

Also, have you ever seen a Chuck Lorre show without its laughtrack? I'll give you a hint (it isn't pretty):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmLQaTcViOA

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I honestly don't watch much TV and I especially haven't had a chance in the last few months.

Iv only seen maybe bits and pieces of Mike & Molly for just a quick much needed smile. If its canceled I won't shed a tear.

Only show I watch religiously is South Park

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Two and a Half Men is genius, I laugh out loud at almost every episode. I've been DVR'in THE EVENT. Pretty cool show plus I like anything to do with aliens. I also watch V, its starting a new season soon and guess what, its about aliens too. I know it's a remake but isn't everything these days.
    But what I really watch are documentaries. I have more useless shit in my brain than I should. From creepy Scientology doc's to murder mysteries to ancient Sumerians to ancient Egypt to black holes and quantum physics doc's to almost every single documentary on ALIENS, I have seen them all.I guess I'm a nerd but something in my brain makes me seek out the truth in things. Winston Churchill said this "History is written by the victors ... There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.” I live by what Benjamin Franklin said “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

I can honestly say that I've never heard the word "genius" and Two and a Half Men in the same sentence before.

I dig documentaries, too, but the stuff I watch usually tends to be true-crime oriented. There's a program on A&E called The First 48 that's as good a "reality" show as you're likely to find on all of television.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9