Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Which mid-carder would you like to see score a win over a top main eventer?

"The underdog picks up an upset victory! Who would have thunk it?!"

In the WWE, there have been times where top mid-card wrestlers, lower-card wrestlers, and even jobbers have scored unexpected wins over a top main eventer. For instance, like Rob Van Damn beating Stone Cold in a match on Smackdown back in 2001, Jeff Hardy beating Triple H on Smackdown back in 2001 to become the Intercontinental champion, and also John Cena beating The Undertaker on Smackdown back in 2003.

My question is simple. Which mid-card wrestler or lower-card wrestler would you like to see pick up an unexpected win over a top main eventer such as CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton, or even Sheamus? It can be anyone from Hunico or from, say, Curt Hawkins.

For me, I would love to see Tyson Kidd shock the world by beating CM Punk in a match. Have CM Punk proclaim himself the best wrestler to ever put on a pair of kick-pads, Tyson Kidd comes out and tells CM Punk that he may proclaim himself as the best in the world but he is not a better than the Hart Dungeon graduate named Tyson Kidd. CM Punk challenges Tyson Kidd to a match and tells Kidd that he'll give him his 15 minutes of fame only to eat a GTS and go back to being irrelevant. Tyson Kidd and CM Punk both put on a solid technical match but Tyson Kidd defeats CM Punk with a Wheelbarrow victory roll up as the crowd goes apeshit for Tyson Kidd. CM Punk looks PISSED, leaving the ring as the fans laugh at him.

It would be one of the best unexpected wins in recent memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Interesting choice, and a good one. But with hindsight, we can say that those mid-carders which went over went on to have top title-holding careers in WWE (with the exception of Shelton Benjamin). For all Tyson Kidd's skills, WWE has never seemed keen on pushing him that way. I think Sandow going over Sheamus would be an upset, but also just believable enough. Their match recently was good. Wade Barrett or Antonio Cesaro getting a win on Cena would be nice to see too.

Blog Entries
    Good Choice...but I do not think WWE will put money on Tyson Kid...so I hope a Kofi's upset victory on Punk..n they feud on it....

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I totally understand that the WWE isn't going to push Tyson Kidd to a higher level anytime soon but Tyson Kidd picking up a victory against CM Punk would indeed be one of the best upset victories in recent memory. Not saying it will happen but something I'd like to see as an upset victory.

I agree with Sahu that Kofi getting an upset victory on Punk would be nice to see. Both are traveling buddies and Punk has prasied Kofi countless times so I can see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

I think I'd like to see Drew get one over on Orton. A fairly standard squash match until Orton goes for his scoopslam and it gets countered into a double knee armbraker. Orton loses it but instead of being beat down something snaps inside the sinister Scotsman they battle around the ring, Orton successfully hits his slam this time and lines up for the punt, Drew avoids, tilt a whirl gutbuster, futureshock, 3 count, crowd shocked

Blog Entries
    I'd like to see Jack Swagger score a win and follow up with a serious run.

I had hoped to see Brad Maddox cheat to a win over Ryback.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Blog Entries
    evan bourne over chris jericho was a good one i remember but the shelton benjamin victory over triple h was brilliant

i suppose i would love to see Gabriel over Barrett
    obviously Barrett needs to re-build his momentum again since he seems a bit lost in the shuffle at the moment but a good strong battle of former nexus buddies needs to happen properly and i feel gabriel is hugely under-rated, just needs a an alternative finisher not so risque.

also i think ryder could use a victory of Del Rio after all the jobbing he's done to him over the last year and a half, Ryder just needs a slight tweek to his character to get taken more seriously, suppose thats why they took the us belt off him so soon.

but i also liked the concept of tyson beating punk cleanly. but for that to happen, heels need to be built stronger and wwe can't keep having them win all their matches through cheap methods, hurts all guys involved in the match

Has to be Tyson Kidd ... surely!

Drew McIntyre over Wade Barrett(Launch Drew back to relevance; maybe form a mutual alliance with Barrett and Shemus over time)

Michael McGuillicutty(sp) over Cody Rhodes and begin using his real name.

Michael McGuillicutty over Dolph Ziggler to begin a feud b/w the Show-off and the new Performer of Perfection.

Ted Dibease, with the Million Dollar man in his corner over Randy Orton...springboard to a heel run for little Teddy.

William Regal over Wade Barrett

Blog Entries
    I think the more probable is Maddox beating Ryback with a roll up or something