View Poll Results: Should Flair "Hang it up"?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 80.95%
  • No

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ric Flair.. The new KING of botched promos

I've been watching TNA wrestling lately and I have noticed something that has convinced me that Ric Flair has now completely "lost" it.
    For a long time now we've all known that Ric hasn't been the "wrestler" he once was. That's evident by his sloppy in-ring work. He is still, however, a great storyteller. a PHYSICAL storyteller.
    Ric has always been one of, if not THE greatest, on the mic.
    His promos are legendary.
    If you haven't been watching Ric Flair as of late here is a quick refresher.
    Ric leads a stable of wrestlers known collectively as "Fortune"; Kaz, Beer Money, A.J. Styles. This is a latter day revival of The infamous "Four Horseman".
    Ric has been the mouthpiece of the group and has been on the mic quite a bit as of late. Unfortunatley (no pun intended) Ric's ability to cut a promo has seemingly diminshed as much as his in-riing ability.
    These "promos" are filled with half-finished ideas, non-sequiters, and misspoken lines. When "fortune" started I had hoped Ric's mic skills would rub off on Styles but it seems the opposite has happened.
    As each week passes I find it harder and harder to watch Flair come out and butcher what should be GREAT promos. TNA is pushing "Fortune" and it's a shame that, instead of taking the ball and running with it, Flair seems to be fumbling most of the time.
    I've said that I think Flair has still got it but I'm beginning to think it's time for the Nature Boy to hang it up and work behind the scenes. He has alot to offer the younger guys. TNA recognizes this as they have him working with "Fortune" but he may be hurting them more than helping.

100% say yes.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Should have never come back.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Ilol@name xD

I think he would be amazing in the back training the heels on how to cut promos and in ring psych. Imagine AJ Styles with Ric's mic skills.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

No doubt that he can still contribute.......just get him off TV.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldSpirit View Post
    I've been watching TNA wrestling lately and I have noticed something that has convinced me that Ric Flair has now completely "lost" it.
    For a long time now we've all known that Ric hasn't been the "wrestler" he once was. That's evident by his sloppy in-ring work. He is still, however, a great storyteller. a PHYSICAL storyteller.
    Ric leads a stable of wrestlers known collectively as "Fortune"; Kaz, Beer Money, A.J. Styles. This is a latter day revival of The infamous "Four Horseman".
    Ric has been the mouthpiece of the group and has been on the mic quite a bit as of late. Unfortunatley (no pun intended) Ric's ability to cut a promo has seemingly diminshed as much as his in-riing ability.
    These "promos" are filled with half-finished ideas, non-sequiters, and misspoken lines. When "fortune" started I had hoped Ric's mic skills would rub off on Styles but it seems the opposite has happened.
    As each week passes I find it harder and harder to watch Flair come out and butcher what should be GREAT promos. TNA is pushing "Fortune" and it's a shame that, instead of taking the ball and running with it, Flair seems to be fumbling most of the time.
    I've said that I think Flair has still got it but I'm beginning to think it's time for the Nature Boy to hang it up and work behind the scenes. He has alot to offer the younger guys. TNA recognizes this as they have him working with "Fortune" but he may be hurting them more than helping.
    I love the They Live sig. It means I'm not the only one who watched it

Blog Entries
    I saw "They Live" too Robstar. On topic, Flair used to be, key word USED TO BE, one of the greatest promo artists ever. I watched him as a kid and he and Dusty Rhodes ruled the mic. I care not to see his flapping titties in the ring any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldSpirit View Post
    lol are u kiddin me...ur right about his ring work its gone...but as far as promos go hes the man.....

In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    I care not to see his flapping titties in the ring any longer.
    And I certainly don't want to see this anymore

muuuuhahhahahhahhaah
    U MAD???
    BREAKING NEWS Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.