Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    The problem is, they tried being an edgy company at one point and failed back in 2010. Hulk Hogan wanted to push the envelope during TNA's attempt at trying to compete with WWE's kid-friendly product in the ratings war by having more blood, violence, and also edgy storylines but that didn't increase their ratings nor did it gain them any exposure during the ratings war. They even tried bringing in former ECW wrestlers and forming a group called EV2.0 to get the older audience to get into their product but that didn't work at all either.
    Hogan's attempt was basically the pussy version of getting (supposedly) edgy. Better known as not trying TOO hard to go after the opposition lest it ruins a future job opportunity there. To really get edgy, they should have been mocking every time WWE screws something up (like storylines that don't make any sense or just end with no explanation), promising and delivering T&A and using "adult language" on the PPVs, and anything else that exploited how wimpy PG wrestling is. Especially since the WWE would have been in no position to fire back, since they were locked into PG via sponsorship deals.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    Hogan's attempt was basically the pussy version of getting (supposedly) edgy. Better known as not trying TOO hard to go after the opposition lest it ruins a future job opportunity there. To really get edgy, they should have been mocking every time WWE screws something up (like storylines that don't make any sense or just end with no explanation), promising and delivering T&A and using "adult language" on the PPVs, and anything else that exploited how wimpy PG wrestling is. Especially since the WWE would have been in no position to fire back, since they were locked into PG via sponsorship deals.
    You're right that Hogan's idea of "pushing the envelope" was half-assed in a way but I still don't think being edgy and controversial is something that's going to help them bring in more fans into their product. Sure, it may be something different than what WWE is currently doing and it doesn't hurt to be different but they need to find a general audience first instead of focusing on a certain demographic. I think that if they are able to focus on getting the younger viewers to watch their programming, then it'll give them a much stronger fanbase towards their product. Like I said before, they can produce edgy storylines like their current Aces and Eights angle but marketing guys like Jeff Hardy who is over with the casual fans toward the younger audience may very well strengthen their fanbase.

Also, someone brought up the fact that they need another second televised show. I agree with that. The more TNA programming they have, the more it gives fans to view more of their programming.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    They should spend more time in the UK. They have a strong fanbase over here, arguably bigger than in the States, so why not capitalise on it? More TV tapings, the odd PPV or two just to capitalise on a different audience who will get behind the product, and hopefully net them more money while they are at it.
    This is an excellent idea. A TNA PPV in London would be great for them as well as the U.K fans
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

I think if they could improve their marketing it could make for great publicity. They have some pretty good t-shirt (and some not so great), but instead of pushing the t's they push shoptna.com. Other than Hardy, Sting, and Anderson no one really wears their t's to the ring. The shirts are walking bill boards not only for the wrestler, but also the product.