Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Big Show's heel work

I never thought i'd say this but I'm actually enjoying Big Show's heel work so far. His feud with Sheamus is a current favorite of mine (never thought i'd say that either). Hes also looking dominant as the World Heavyweight champion. His match with William Regal last Monday Night on Raw made him look dominant and vicious in the ring:
    Granted, I'm not a fan of big, generic monster heels but I'm actually entertained by Big Show as of late and look forward to his match against Sheamus at Survivor Series.

What are your thoughts on Big Show along with his World Heavyweight title reign?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Blog Entries
    If I'm in a forgiving frame of mind, I'd say.....it's OK. I think the feud with Sheamus has indeed turned out better than anyone thought it might but I put that down to Sheamus mostly.

See, Big Show has never been more slow and clumsy in the ring. To his credit, he's adapted to a few more reasonable "giant" moves but his chokeslam remains among the very sloppiest I have seen and his spear looks fast but it's not. The pure fact remains is that - offense or defense - the other guy is doing 95% of the work when Big Show is in there.

I don't hate Show by any means but to me, this is too little, too late. They should have done this with him years ago and this feels to me nothing but a run of appeasement and/or Big Show's golden handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    I never thought i'd say this but I'm actually enjoying Big Show's heel work so far. His feud with Sheamus is a current favorite of mine (never thought i'd say that either). Hes also looking dominant as the World Heavyweight champion. His match with William Regal last Monday Night on Raw made him look dominant and vicious in the ring:
    Granted, I'm not a fan of big, generic monster heels but I'm actually entertained by Big Show as of late and look forward to his match against Sheamus at Survivor Series.

What are your thoughts on Big Show along with his World Heavyweight title reign?
    It's the very very rare case of creative capturing lightning in a bottle and running with it. It's a good, classic feud. Big Show looks the best he has in a very long time, and I actually give a shit about Sheamus.

Blog Entries
    Oh and I forgot to add that on the mic, Big Show just sounds like a whiny bitch. And I'm trying not to run him down here but I can't think of a more apt way to put it. He's trying to sound like this "I-don't-give-a-fuck" monster heel and it's sadly, badly failing. Instead of "I'm gonna fuck you up!" I hear "I'm sick of everyone treating me badly -wwaaaaaaaaaa!- I'm gonna go put on some eyeliner and cut myself, poor me!".

Blog Entries
    big show as a heel is better than I thought. still not great though. he seems to be missing something that mark henry had to pull of the monster heel a while back.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Oh and I forgot to add that on the mic, Big Show just sounds like a whiny bitch. And I'm trying not to run him down here but I can't think of a more apt way to put it. He's trying to sound like this "I-don't-give-a-fuck" monster heel and it's sadly, badly failing. Instead of "I'm gonna fuck you up!" I hear "I'm sick of everyone treating me badly -wwaaaaaaaaaa!- I'm gonna go put on some eyeliner and cut myself, poor me!".
    You're going out your way to say you don't hate him or you're not trying to run him down, but you're not saying a lot to show it.

Blog Entries
    Show's a much better heel than a face IMO.
    He's doing solid work as champ and his feud with Sheamus is indeed decent. I'm glad that he's getting one more World title run here.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsrevenge View Post
    You're going out your way to say you don't hate him or you're not trying to run him down, but you're not saying a lot to show it.
    Just calling what I see. You can be critical of a person without actually hating them you know. And I don't have a lot of good to say about Big Show right now, I just wanted to be clear that it's not because I'm anti-Big Show. For me that's an important distinction to make because for me things aren't always black and white

I hope Sheamus wins the world title back at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Just calling what I see. You can be critical of a person without actually hating them you know. And I don't have a lot of good to say about Big Show right now, I just wanted to be clear that it's not because I'm anti-Big Show. For me that's an important distinction to make because for me things aren't always black and white
    Well the way you're doing it it's like telling a girl "I like you, but I think you're a fat, selfish, egotistical, rude lazy gutterslut with no redeeming qualities who should crawl into a hole and die."