Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I dunno personally he will never be over as a heel and if he ever was i would cheer him even more!

For me he was more over as a heel when he led the s.e.s. he was boring and preachy and I hated him, also when he sang to Mysterio's daughter was pretty weird.
    Last night's segment made me think Katie Vick and then laugh. It was pretty tasteless but didn't put Punk over more. I think nowadays the only way to get over entirely would be to become boring and stop wrestling. If he weasles out of matches, fights samey boring matches starts delivering the same old promo about his destiny or something then the IWC might turn on him.

Divas to believe in.

Punk is by far not the first heel that the fans cheer for. I remember the insane pops the undertaker got in the early 90's, even tho he destroyed hulkamania, people cheered for him as much as they did for Hogan.

And if you REALLY wanna put Punk over as the UBERheel, let him defeat Taker at Mania. He would get death-threats, thats for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    For me he was more over as a heel when he led the s.e.s. he was boring and preachy and I hated him, also when he sang to Mysterio's daughter was pretty weird.
    Last night's segment made me think Katie Vick and then laugh. It was pretty tasteless but didn't put Punk over more. I think nowadays the only way to get over entirely would be to become boring and stop wrestling. If he weasles out of matches, fights samey boring matches starts delivering the same old promo about his destiny or something then the IWC might turn on him.
    He DOES weasel out of matches. He DOES deliver the same promo over and over, except it's not "destiny" he's spruiking, it's "respect". He DOES fight the samey, albeit a bit flashy, type of matches.

You are not going to get everybody boo-ing a heel regardless what he does. Take me for instance. I'm a fan of heels. I think heels are more entertaining than faces. The more tasteless and dastardly the better. It's impossible (unless you have a heel kayfabe sexually molest a child). Then I wouldn't like the whole promotion, but I'm sure even then NAMBLA pervert would come out to cheer.

1. stop being a whiny heel
    2. stop beating up and bitching at old guys
    3. stop trying to get cheap heat
    4. don't be afraid of smucks like ryback and cena... he was fighting y2j in street fights earlier this year ffs
    but we all know wwe cant make heels besides cheap heat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Does he need to be more over as a heel? People still cheer Austin Aries in TNA, Punk is WWE's equivalent. A guy that the smart fans and IWC fans will cheer no matter what.
    I honestly see him turning back face sometime around/after Mania though. WWE have a few up and coming heels in Sandow, Ziggler, Barrett etc. Ryback is the only up and coming face that they're pushing hard, so I can see Pun going back face in 2013 when his run with Heyman ends.
    You got a good point Tommy, Punk is very popular and he showed he could lead the brand in his last face run and WWE has a lot of good talents that can be heel main eventers, but turning back Punk after Mania wouldn't be too soon??, I feel creative can use his heel persona a lot more

Blog Entries
    Love Punk, but this heel run is boring me to the point I'm contemplating leaving wrestling for curling. Heyman adds nothing to the mix, though the heart attack segment he played well.

I loved Punk's S.E.S heel run: it was really, really uneasy to watch, which pushed buttons I didn't know I still had. This run, this style, has been done. Come on guys: Punk is a terrific wrestler, but this is not his most inspired work.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    You are not going to get everybody boo-ing a heel regardless what he does. Take me for instance. I'm a fan of heels. I think heels are more entertaining than faces. The more tasteless and dastardly the better. It's impossible (unless you have a heel kayfabe sexually molest a child). Then I wouldn't like the whole promotion, but I'm sure even then NAMBLA pervert would come out to cheer.
    I'm not talking about smarks on the internet or cool people. I'm talking about the general WWE public.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsrevenge View Post
    I'm not talking about smarks on the internet or cool people. I'm talking about the general WWE public.
    I think the regular people do boo him, the smarks are the ones who cheer for punk