Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What can possibly put Punk completely over as a Heel?

Attacking the Rock didn't do it. Berating Lawler didn't do it, mocking the fans, getting Paul Heyman on his side didn't do it. Not even making fun of Lawler's heat attack drew white-hot heat (I thought the segment was kinda funny).

So as Punk and creative get more and more desperate to get people to boo him, what really can they do?

Blog Entries
    There are still too many "Smart" fans who won't boo Punk. They enjoy him as a heel. And yes, I'll admit I laughed a few times during that segment as well. We know he's a heel, but he's so damn good at it, we can't boo him.

Hes is the most over heel wrestler and yes the IWC members will cheer him because hes to dam good at it.

Does he need to be more over as a heel? People still cheer Austin Aries in TNA, Punk is WWE's equivalent. A guy that the smart fans and IWC fans will cheer no matter what.
    I honestly see him turning back face sometime around/after Mania though. WWE have a few up and coming heels in Sandow, Ziggler, Barrett etc. Ryback is the only up and coming face that they're pushing hard, so I can see Pun going back face in 2013 when his run with Heyman ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Does he need to be more over as a heel? People still cheer Austin Aries in TNA, Punk is WWE's equivalent. A guy that the smart fans and IWC fans will cheer no matter what.
    I honestly see him turning back face sometime around/after Mania though. WWE have a few up and coming heels in Sandow, Ziggler, Barrett etc. Ryback is the only up and coming face that they're pushing hard, so I can see Pun going back face in 2013 when his run with Heyman ends.
    If he's supposed to be a hated heel and he's getting cheered by about half the crowd (I'm sure half the crowd aren't "smart" fans) everywhere he goes, no matter what he does, then yes, he should be more over as a heel.

And I'm not into predicting/fantasy booking. Just discussing what's going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsrevenge View Post
    If he's supposed to be a hated heel and he's getting cheered by about half the crowd (I'm sure half the crowd aren't "smart" fans) everywhere he goes, no matter what he does, then yes, he should be more over as a heel.

And I'm not into predicting/fantasy booking. Just discussing what's going on right now.
    You can't force a crowd to boo unfortunately.
    If beating up The Rock, ripping on Jerry Lawler including mocking his heart attack doesn't make the fans hate him, what does that tell you about the fans? It says that they just love CM Punk. Simple as that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You got a good point Tommy, Punk is very popular and he showed he could lead the brand in his last face run and WWE has a lot of good talents that can be heel main eventers, but turning back Punk after Mania wouldn't be too soon??, I feel creative can use his heel persona a lot more

Blog Entries
    Just like The Rock, who fans don't care if he's a heel, didn't care if he was a heel when he went against Cena (which he clearly was) because they have such large crushes on them. These are the "I wish I could be like" guys, often misrepresented on the internet as "that's what I'm like!".

It's 'cool' to back the bad guy, just as it's 'cool' to root for the antagonist in a movie. Much of that is the case here. Of course it doesn't hurt that, like The Rock, Punk is so charismatic and good at what he does.

Wrestling hasn't really changed. The fans have.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Just like The Rock, who fans don't care if he's a heel, didn't care if he was a heel when he went against Cena (which he clearly was) because they have such large crushes on them. These are the "I wish I could be like" guys, often misrepresented on the internet as "that's what I'm like!".

It's 'cool' to back the bad guy, just as it's 'cool' to root for the antagonist in a movie. Much of that is the case here. Of course it doesn't hurt that, like The Rock, Punk is so charismatic and good at what he does.

Wrestling hasn't really changed. The fans have.
    Thank you for your relevant opinion!
    That's exactly what I think too.

You are not going to get everybody boo-ing a heel regardless what he does. Take me for instance. I'm a fan of heels. I think heels are more entertaining than faces. The more tasteless and dastardly the better. It's impossible (unless you have a heel kayfabe sexually molest a child). Then I wouldn't like the whole promotion, but I'm sure even then NAMBLA pervert would come out to cheer.