Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 92
  1. #21
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,849
    This is like someone getting seriously offended by Big Brother or Jersey Shore or any other scripted 'reality' show or any show for that matter.

    I bet you've laughed at plenty of comedians who've made tasteless jokes.

    There will be others who agree with you, no doubt but not because they were really offended but because they have other 'agendas.'

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    This is like someone getting seriously offended by Big Brother or Jersey Shore or any other scripted 'reality' show or any show for that matter.

    I bet you've laughed at plenty of comedians who've made tasteless jokes.

    There will be others who agree with you, no doubt but not because they were really offended but because they have other 'agendas.'
    Was only a matter of time before someone posted something like this, I'm going to agree with Wade ^^.

    I personally loved the segment, but as I said in another thread.. when Punk's music hit I instantly thought " No, Don't do it" and perhaps they went to far with Heyman faking the heart attack but they wanted Punk fans.. to boo him and think twice about liking him, job done because for a few seconds It worked on me.. then you see, Punk is the ultimate heel and just awesome!

    Just my opinion.

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  3. #23
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,481
    Blog Entries
    10
    I thought it was clever. Jerry wanted to come back I'm sure he had no problem with punk drawing heat from using his personal life. as you said it was the writers idea, and I'm sure jerry knew about it before hand. I didn't expect punk to interrupt his speech at all actually, so I'm betting a lot of the fans were also surprised leading to genuine heat that you usually can't get in the wwe.
    #BeJelly


  4. #24
    Iv criticised it and think a lot of casual viewers will have found it an odd way to further a storyline, but at the end of the day Lawler will have agreed to the segment, so its not worth getting worked up on his behalf.. Much worse id say was the JR colon surgery segment years ago which Ross didn't know anything about beforehand, Vinny Mac sure does have a strange sense of humour.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytopographic View Post
    Iv criticised it and think a lot of casual viewers will have found it an odd way to further a storyline, but at the end of the day Lawler will have agreed to the segment, so its not worth getting worked up on his behalf.. Much worse id say was the JR colon surgery segment years ago which Ross didn't know anything about beforehand, Vinny Mac sure does have a strange sense of humour.
    This^ 100% well said.

    Had King not known then I would have hated that segment and found it very distasteful.. as said above, that was worse IMO and also hearing Cole mock JR about his illness when he was not there was also worse and not something I wanted to hear.

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  6. #26
    I don't care about the promo because after Jerry made that "my rides here" joke (funny as hell by the way) I believe he was fine with it. I just don't think they had to show us him getting cpr preformed on him etc, also I bet they will try to profit off it somehow
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

  7. #27
    I think they couldve gotten the same effect without the fake heart attack stunt. Punk reeeeally drove in the dead comments. I'm a huge, loyal fan, and I think I"m far fom sensitive. I'm not saying I was disgusted or considered changing the channel, but I'd be lying if I didn't shake my head and say, "jeeze, this is brutal." He legitimately nearly died and not only are they mentioning it, they are making a mockery of it.

    Most importantly, the promo definitely left me hating Punk and Heyman. Seeing Heyman sitting up, clutching the title, with that sick look on his face reminded me of the grittier, more ruthless days.


    "I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    This^ 100% well said.

    Had King not known then I would have hated that segment and found it very distasteful.. as said above, that was worse IMO and also hearing Cole mock JR about his illness when he was not there was also worse and not something I wanted to hear.
    Ive got to ask. How can you be so certain that king actually knew about this segment? What if it was another one of Vince's surprise stunts? Would that then change how everyone felt about this?

  9. #29
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,796
    Blog Entries
    1
    Was it distasteful? Yes. But it was hardly surprising given that WWE, or more to the point vince, always does this. It was always likely that they would do this.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  10. #30
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,796
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    This^ 100% well said.

    Had King not known then I would have hated that segment and found it very distasteful.. as said above, that was worse IMO and also hearing Cole mock JR about his illness when he was not there was also worse and not something I wanted to hear.
    How is hearing Cole mock JR's illness any worse than Heyman and Punk mocking King's heart attack? It's the same thing.
    And whether or not they knew about it or not, is irrelevant, it's still distasteful.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.