Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

CM Punk/Heyman/Lawler segment on last nights Raw

Okay, sorry to the mods, wasn't sure where to put this so if you wanna move it/merge it then do so.

WOW! That was the first time in a long time where I have actually felt a little awkward and NEARLY, for a brief moment or two, actually disliked CM Punk and his actions.

I know Punk has a lot of haters on here, as well as a lot of guys that continuously blow him. I guess I fall in the latter group, but non the less, he was BRUTAL on the mic. Telling King he was glad Lawler left the ring when he did or he'd have to beat him to death...again! OUCH! Low blow. And they Heyman's mock heart attack...tons of cheap heat, but it was effective.

I'm a CM Punk mark, loved him since his ROH and indy days, so the WWE have to go a long way to try and make me not root for him. Cheap heat it may have been, but it was pretty effective in my book. Props to Jerry Lawler for allowing WWE to do this storyline. Its very close to the bone and I wouldn't be surprised if WWE get a ton of complaints about this segment. Ironically enough I thought the most TASTELESS part of it was the beginning before Punk came out. No need to show EMT's doing CPR on the King in the back at all. Some things just shouldn't be shown for "entertainment" purposes
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Fuck it.That segment was one of the best things I've seen this year

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Fuck it.That segment was one of the best things I've seen this year
    Oh no question, I'm sure the Attitude Era fanboys were creaming themselves at it (aka me!) but still, I can see WWE getting a lot of heat from it.

Punk is continuing his rant from last night on twitter. He's been getting LOADS of abuse off outraged fans, his replies have been hilarious:

Fact: @JohnCena is the doctor of thuganomics. I'm a real doctor, and I know CPR!
    You people are pigs. I saved a mans life tonight. This isn't something you joke about. PIGS. #learnCPR
    #longliveheyman

I shouldn't laugh, we nearly lost Jerry and thank God (or whatever flying spaghetti monster you believe in) he's okay, but I'm actually sat here chuckling away at his tweets and the way he's trolling the WWE Universe. So heel, so brilliant

I don't hate the segment, as I'm sure they cleared it with Lawler first and he was okay with it. But Punk is terrible. I tuned in because I wanted to see Jerry Lawler return. I didn't realize how bad Punk has gotten. Very weak. Attaching him to Heyman has done him no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post
    Oh no question, I'm sure the Attitude Era fanboys were creaming themselves at it (aka me!) but still, I can see WWE getting a lot of heat from it.

Punk is continuing his rant from last night on twitter. He's been getting LOADS of abuse off outraged fans, his replies have been hilarious:

Fact: @JohnCena is the doctor of thuganomics. I'm a real doctor, and I know CPR!
    You people are pigs. I saved a mans life tonight. This isn't something you joke about. PIGS. #learnCPR
    #longliveheyman

I shouldn't laugh, we nearly lost Jerry and thank God (or whatever flying spaghetti monster you believe in) he's okay, but I'm actually sat here chuckling away at his tweets and the way he's trolling the WWE Universe. So heel, so brilliant
    We are glad to see Jerry back but that was just a segment and they both agree to do that.This kinda reminds me the Eddie-Rey feud about Dominic that was a distasteful storyline bad good at the same time

There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Im a big Punk and heyman fan but i admit that was awkward to watch...i know jerry obviously let them do it but still...quite harsh and how many tweets has punk sent out to the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    We are glad to see Jerry back but that was just a segment and they both agree to do that.This kinda reminds me the Eddie-Rey feud about Dominic that was a distasteful storyline bad good at the same time
    I'm Your Papi! haha, yeah I remember that. I still maintain the worst part of that was showing his actual CPR, when he was clinically dead. Too much for me. The Punk/Heyman exchange was heelish, but just about on the right side of taste...just!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post
    I'm Your Papi! haha, yeah I remember that. I still maintain the worst part of that was showing his actual CPR, when he was clinically dead. Too much for me. The Punk/Heyman exchange was heelish, but just about on the right side of taste...just!
    Yeah that was WWE fault but i don't mind watching things like that though

Lol people wanted Attidude era back well they got it just for one night.Also great promo from Foley

Oh akbar....

Bar the horrible AJ/Cena storyline, Raw was pretty good last night

I have to it admit.. when I heard Punk's music I instantly thought "No way, don't do it" but the more and more it went on I started to enjoy the segment and in the end it turned out pretty awesome, Punk is the ultimate heel at the moment and I'm sure many punk fans even thought it was low for him to come out yesterday and do what he did.. I would say that's job done.

Really enjoyed Raw last night!

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.