Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

WWE - TNA Dialogue

Over the last few weeks, there has definitely been some dialogue on air between WWE and TNA. Personally, I love it. I never liked the days where TNA would blatantly make fun of HHH and Vince or mention that WWE sucks but the little shots here and there are something I can get behind.

On the other side it is said that WWE does not acknowledge TNA as competition. Now, all wrestling companies copy and reuse storylines/ideas but it is very hard to ignore that TNA literally just did the whole scandal storyline. There is also something else that was picked up that proves that WWE has to be keeping an eye on TNA.

With AA's little shot at CM Punk, I am pretty excited to see if there is a claim that CM Punk is in fact "the greatest man that ever lived" on Monday night.

Here is the recap of the last couple weeks below. It's the little details like this that makes me enjoy wrestling.

-----
    10-22-12 - The AJ Lee "Affair Scandal" storyline begins.

10-25-12 - Bully Ray mentions WWE by name on TV (Angle also goes on Twittah to make comments about the AJ Lee Scandal and how it is eerily similar to the AJ Styles scandal)

10-29-12 - Vickie shows her proof of AJ-Cena scandal which involves and elevator and a hotel room (similarly enough AJ Styles was also shown a clip of him and Dixie going into an elevator and going into a hotel room)

11-1-12 - AJ Styles (at 2:30 in the clip) takes a little shot at WWE sayings getting into scandals with someone of the opposite sex is a "new fad if your name is AJ."

11-5-12 - Raw debuts a new promo at the top of the show that reminds us a bit of TNA's recap, voice and all.

(Start clip at 0:15 seconds)

(Start clip at 0:30 seconds)

11-7-12 - A Double takes an little shot at CM Punk at the very beginning of his promo

Last edited by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK; 11-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    10-29-12 - Vickie shows her proof of AJ-Cena scandal which involves and elevator and a hotel room (similarly enough AJ Styles was also shown a clip of him and Dixie Carter going into an elevator and going into a hotel room)
    Fixed that for ya Crack

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Fixed that for ya Crack
    ahaha thanks. I tried to erase as much as I could of that storyline from my brain.

Awesome post. Yes, I'm sure I'll read something where CM Punk calls himself the greatest man alive or something to that effect, so not to completely rip them off.

Here's my take on it. I'm not saying that WWE is worried about TNA being a threat or any real competition or anything like that. But their ratings hit, coupled with the fact that TNA hasn't taken a ratings hit while going up against equal if not tougher competition from NFL and NCAA Football, has WWE concerned. More can be attributed to the bad product they've been putting on, rather than the excuse of "presidential debates" and "Monday Night Football". This Monday Night, Steelers play the Chiefs. No one outside of these markets will be watching that game. And, the election's over. So if WWE doesn't get their 3.5 back, what's their excuse gonna be?

These two companies taking the subtle shots that they are taking, is creating competition, and I like that. The ratings will never show and TNA might never reach the level of WWE, and we all understand that, but as long as they're putting on a much better product right now, IMO anyway, then it makes things interesting. Turning Point looks like it might be better than BFG and BFG was the best PPV of the year, out of either company, by far...again, IMO.
    Last edited by DK Wrestling Savior; 11-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.

WWE fan boys are adamant that the Cena/AJ thing is original,how the mighty have fallen

LMAO,this is like Monday Night iMPACT or TNA Raw,what are WWE thinking?

Well lets not forget the theory that wwe got the idea for the attitude era off ECW.....

Didn't Bryan Maddox going on about how he was too small,not some freak,kinda remind you of the rant TNA guys do when WWE gives them the sack,or quit WWE?

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Awesome post. Yes, I'm sure I'll read something where CM Punk calls himself the greatest man alive or something to that effect, so not to completely rip them off.

Here's my take on it. I'm not saying that WWE is worried about TNA being a threat or any real competition or anything like that. But their ratings hit, coupled with the fact that TNA hasn't taken a ratings hit while going up against equal if not tougher competition from NFL and NCAA Football, has WWE concerned. More can be attributed to the bad product they've been putting on, rather than the excuse of "presidential debates" and "Monday Night Football". This Monday Night, Steelers play the Chiefs. No one outside of these markets will be watching that game. And, the election's over. So if WWE doesn't get their 3.5 back, what's their excuse gonna be?

These two companies taking the subtle shots that they are taking, is creating competition, and I like that. The ratings will never show and TNA might never reach the level of WWE, and we all understand that, but as long as they're putting on a much better product right now, IMO anyway, then it makes things interesting. Turning Point looks like it might be better than BFG and BFG was the best PPV of the year, out of either company, by far...again, IMO.
    DK - That's a pretty big wrestling market. Penn is a MASSIVE football and wrestling state. I promise most would still choose to watch the Pitt game even if the Eagles aren't playing, rather than watch what the WWE is going to put out there. The ratings shouldn't be affected for the KC market, but Penn has a grip of football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

im surprised nobody has made the brad maddox/garrett bischoff comparison either

Quote Originally Posted by anon316 View Post
    im surprised nobody has made the brad maddox/garrett bischoff comparison either
    Oh that has been mentioned on here briefly!