Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why you should oppose Linda McMahon's election.

What if Linda wins the election?

1) WWE will never go back from PG... ever.
    2) WWE will avoid the independent contractor BS and not have to make things right
    3) Connecticut will wonder why they elected someone with no political experience to such an important position. What is her experience? a) being in charge of WWE and yet claiming no responsibility for it's content or b) being a figurehead while Vince ran things meaning she actually doesn't even have that experience.

I hate how stupid people are about celebrities. We here in the US focus way too much energy on meaningless crap. No one (unless they've met her) in this country should know who Paris Hilton is. Whether Tiger Woods has an affair is not worthy of 1 night of news much less weeks. It's pathetic if you know which actor is dating which actress.

There are only 2 reasons Linda is not that far behind in the polls. 1) She spent ridiculous amounts of your money on it. (Assuming you ever spent money on anything WWF/WWE.) 2) She's a celebrity.

So many celebrities run for and are often elected to office. From sports (Jim Bunning, Jack Kemp), music (Sonny Bono), acting (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Fred Grandy, Ronald Reagan, Al Franken) and now wrestling (Jesse Ventura, and Linda). Celebrities are our entertainment. They should entertain us, and that is it. Caring about what they do in their lives outside of singing/acting/wrestling is kind of creepy. And if we can elect people simply on the good will they got from entertaining us at one time, rather than on their leadership skill, integrity, and view on the issues, we may as well just tell the Chinese that they may as well foreclose on us now, we just aren't even trying any more.

I'd love to see a law that effective now, any one who records an album, or acts, or plays professional sports receive a lifetime ban on running for office. Let people decide which they want to pursue, but make it clear that it is an either or, and if they choose to be an entertainer, they have made a lifetime choice to not enter politics. (I suppose an exception can be made for child actors as long as they quit by age 18.) Will this ever happen? No. More likely to see one of these Jersey Shore guys elected President. It's a sad world we live in.

I'd love to hear your comments.

Paid for by the committee to return WWE to tv-14 by not electing Linda McMahon and the Bob Backlund for president committee.

mate i agree with you 100%
    im nt american so i cant vote anyway lol

nut you americans shud defo vote against her if u want wwe 2 nt be PG

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, Linda running for office is not the only reason why wwe went PG. Give that bullshit PG stuff a break. Its old and its not going to change. You my friend can change, you can change the channel if you don't like it, its called FREEDOM. I'm not sure if your religious but even if your not this is a great proverb.

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Now on to your next error in judgment. WWE will avoid the independent contractor BS and not have to make things right. FOR WHO? We have FREEDOMS in this country bro and I like that fact. No one is forcing them to get a job in the WWE. No one is forcing them to sign a contract. They (the talent) have the FREEDOM to work somewhere else to make millions of dollars. WWE having their talent be independent contractors in my eyes I see more pro's than con's about that.
    On to the next error of your ways. The politicians in this country are crooks and thieves and are only out for themselves. Why the f not have someone other than a crook in office. Linda isn't going to kiss ass and succumb to the political bullsheet that a life long politician would. Hell, she might even try to do the RIGHT thing for once and actually listen to her states people and their needs. I wouldn't exactly say she is a celebrity but her last name is know world-wide. Its time for a change in this country, we need real people in government and not the same status quo. I dont live in her state so I cant vote for her, but if I did, she'd have it. The guy she is running against lied about being in combat in Vietnam.Yes he was in the military but he never went to Vietnam that lying SOB. Do you want a lying piece of shit like that to make decisions for you? Hell no I don't, he should be in jail for lying about that. Freder I am really wondering about your age and your knowledge outside of the rasslin world. Yes Im MAD.
    FYI- the reason why her opponents show old out dated clips of questionable wwe skits involving her or Vince is because they have nothing else on her i.e dirt from the past, never been in jail. She is the type of person this country needs at the top, smart, kind, and above all she wont play f'n games.
    infinite wisdom
    I hope Freder does not live in connecticut

just bc you posted this i would vote for her just bc how selfish you just sounded... first off Ronald Reagan was the best president to ever hold the office so celebrities arent always bad but ventura and arnold are a waste of time i think... second she was business side not wrestling side of the company... you mostly dont want her winning just bc you dont want PG and we do not know for a fact if she did win they would stay PG for the rest of WWE's future... in all honesty i dont know any of her campaign views but your reasoning not to vote for her are completely selfish and obnoxious thinking and if i could vote for her i would... pretty much meaning if i lived in connecticut i would

LOLitics...

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, Linda running for office is not the only reason why wwe went PG. Give that bullshit PG stuff a break. Its old and its not going to change. You my friend can change, you can change the channel if you don't like it, its called FREEDOM. I'm not sure if your religious but even if your not this is a great proverb.

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Now on to your next error in judgment. WWE will avoid the independent contractor BS and not have to make things right. FOR WHO? We have FREEDOMS in this country bro and I like that fact. No one is forcing them to get a job in the WWE. No one is forcing them to sign a contract. They (the talent) have the FREEDOM to work somewhere else to make millions of dollars. WWE having their talent be independent contractors in my eyes I see more pro's than con's about that.
    On to the next error of your ways. The politicians in this country are crooks and thieves and are only out for themselves. Why the f not have someone other than a crook in office. Linda isn't going to kiss ass and succumb to the political bullsheet that a life long politician would. Hell, she might even try to do the RIGHT thing for once and actually listen to her states people and their needs. I wouldn't exactly say she is a celebrity but her last name is know world-wide. Its time for a change in this country, we need real people in government and not the same status quo. I dont live in her state so I cant vote for her, but if I did, she'd have it. The guy she is running against lied about being in combat in Vietnam.Yes he was in the military but he never went to Vietnam that lying SOB. Do you want a lying piece of shit like that to make decisions for you? Hell no I don't, he should be in jail for lying about that. Freder I am really wondering about your age and your knowledge outside of the rasslin world. Yes Im MAD.
    FYI- the reason why her opponents show old out dated clips of questionable wwe skits involving her or Vince is because they have nothing else on her i.e dirt from the past, never been in jail. She is the type of person this country needs at the top, smart, kind, and above all she wont play f'n games.
    infinite wisdom
    I hope Freder does not live in connecticut
    for once i agree with you i was very angry with this post by him and im glad im not the only one

the places you have come to fear the most
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bryan View Post
    for once i agree with you i was very angry with this post by him and im glad im not the only one
    Yea no kidding ,even do I have only been on here for a few days, I never thought I would say this but, I agree with IPEEINTHESHOWER .
    You and I, our levels are as distant as the earth from the heavens.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    LOLitics...
    This is true. US government is in the crapper anyways.....

#REAL!

the places you have come to fear the most
    I know this might be the wrong time to say it but, it will help brake the tension, America F**K YEA!!!!
    You and I, our levels are as distant as the earth from the heavens.

Quote Originally Posted by cetotheizzo View Post
    I know this might be the wrong time to say it but, it will help brake the tension, America F**K YEA!!!!
    Dude....nooo.

#REAL!