Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've never thought I would ever say this...

I am warming to Wade Barret!

My hatred for the man is totally based on a stupid football rivalry between my hometown of Blackpool and his town of Preston. The guy is a MONSTER. He is improving steadily on the mic, he is a complete power house and its only a matter of time before he becomes a WWE/Word Heavyweight Champion.

Sidenote, really enjoyed seeing Regal (Blackpool) and Barret (Preston) go at it in a WWE ring. From a personal view it saddened me to see Barret come up on top, but makes sense story line wise.

Obviously Raw and Smackdown was in the UK so Barret got the home town pop, but do our American friends see him every getting THAT over with American crowds?
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Yeah he is over. Overrated.

"Victims.. Aren't we all ?"

Normal Member
    I have always been a fan of Barret, i think he could kick ass as a major heel!

...Match of the year...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post

My hatred for the man is totally based on a stupid football rivalry between my hometown of Blackpool and his town of Preston. The guy is a MONSTER. He is improving steadily on the mic, he is a complete power house and its only a matter of time before he becomes a WWE/Word Heavyweight Champion.

Sidenote, really enjoyed seeing Regal (Blackpool) and Barret (Preston) go at it in a WWE ring. From a personal view it saddened me to see Barret come up on top, but makes sense story line wise.

Obviously Raw and Smackdown was in the UK so Barret got the home town pop, but do our American friends see him every getting THAT over with American crowds?
    Barrett is a great star, they have been high with him since he was on NXT, is a matter of time he wins the big one

On a side note, I hope to see Blackpool in premier league again soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    Barrett is a great star, they have been high with him since he was on NXT, is a matter of time he wins the big one

On a side note, I hope to see Blackpool in premier league again soon

With out turning this into a Football (soccer) thread. I loved Blackpool until they stole our manager this week

Wade is going to be the next top heel of the WWE although I would like to see him have a run as a face for a little while, I think he should turn face right now, and Win the title, Then bring in Regal and have him tell Barrett that he is an embarrassment to England for being week, Leading to Barrett turning heel and being managed by Regal, Same as Punk Heyman now.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

As he is now I don't see him getting over a crazy amount, as for me the key to creating a true badguy is to have them betray the audience, but Barrett hasn't done this, I can see him getting over but not raise the roof over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSebangGuy View Post
    Yeah he is over. Overrated.
    Care to elaborate on WHY you think he's overrated? Or do you class 'you not liking him personally' as 'overrated'?

Wade Barrett is a star in the making no doubt. Great in the ring, great talker and can cut a good promo. He needs to go over a top star clan soon IMO though. I hope they revisit that Orton/Barrett feud and have Barrett go over Orton clean.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    With out turning this into a Football (soccer) thread. I loved Blackpool until they stole our manager this week
    You can blame Palace for that one fella Hope you get yourselves fixed up with a decent replacement, I know how it feels to have your manager stolen off you, horrible feeling. I'm sure Appleton will be a success at Blackpool. Had an awful lot to deal with at Pompey and did it with dignity and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    Wade is going to be the next top heel of the WWE although I would like to see him have a run as a face for a little while, I think he should turn face right now, and Win the title, Then bring in Regal and have him tell Barrett that he is an embarrassment to England for being week, Leading to Barrett turning heel and being managed by Regal, Same as Punk Heyman now.
    Thats not a bad idea, I would love to see Regal and Barret feud. Regal is so under rated. Would've been a champion if not for his demons. A great pro non the less, and Barret going over Regal would help push Barret to the next level
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

I have liked Barrett since i saw him wrestle in IWW as Stu Sanders!!

I am a huge fan of Barrett. I always find myself getting wrapped up in his promos because he tells great stories regarding the direction he wants to take himself in the business. The way he wrestles is great.. to me. The only problem I have is his theme song. I imagined him having something a little more heavier. It is just too obnoxious to me.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.