Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    You say that everytime someone talks about the Attitude Era being better than the current era
    Because it bears repeating! I'm happy you remembered. But with this tired old argument. I will stand firm with my analogy, thanks


  2. #42
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by body slam View Post
    I see his build as the problem. He's not buffed, cut, ripped, chiseled, or jacked. At this time it was still a requirement. 123 Kid is the exception to the rule.
    I understand what you're saying man. However, Mick Foley wasn't buffed, cut, ripped, chiseled, or jacked either but he was able to get over with the crowd based on his wonderful promo skills and also his hardcore wrestling style. To me, it just depends on how well Punk would have played a character given to him back in the Attitude Era just like how Mick Foley made the Mankind character work perfectly.

    I also don't see Punk bulking up being a problem if the WWE asked him to. If he had this build like he did back in ROH,

    Then his build wouldn't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

  3. #43
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    7,194
    Blog Entries
    1
    Brodus Clay would have kicked some serious arse in WWF circa 1998-99.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

     

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    Stone Cold and Rock have stated numerous times that they did their own promos without a script. Even Shawn Michaels did his own promos because he didn't want anybody writing promos for him. These guys basically did what they wanted to do with their characters with Vince Russo pitching them ideas here and there.
    And you're just gullible enough to believe that what they stated wasn't scripted either. (I laugh now)

    There's no way you grew up during the Monday Night Wars, and favor today's wrestling product AT ALL. So yes, Wikipedia is obviously your life.

  5. #45
    Black Ninja! Krysys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NeoGotham City
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    And you're just gullible enough to believe that what they stated wasn't scripted either. (I laugh now)

    There's no way you grew up during the Monday Night Wars, and favor today's wrestling product AT ALL. So yes, Wikipedia is obviously your life.
    Yeah, I grew up watching the Attitude Era, and I prefer todays stuff.

    Seriously, take off the rose colored glasses and realize that the Attitude Era was not all its cracked up to be.
    Profile Retired

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The attitude era did have some awesome stuff, I will never deny that. But I also recall a lot of tedium, shit matches and guys you wouldn't cheer with a gun to your head. But seriously.....the AE is like that old girlfriend you still pine for.....the more time goes by, the more you forget the reasons you broke up in the first place.

    The biggest difference between the AE and today is that Vince didn't have quite the stranglehold on the talent backstage as he does today. Back then it was, lie, cheat and shit in the King's crown - all to get ahead. And never mind who you screw along the way. It was pure ruthless politicking in the most mercenary way.

    I'm sure the same people would probably tell you how much better tv shows were back then too. Like Family Matters and Step By Step, Blossom, Hanging With Mr.Cooper, The Nanny or Sabrina were nothing short of fucking awesome viewing. L.O.L.
    I love you people and how you think you actually know a damn thing about the business. You know nothing. The success and the numbers don't lie. WCW and WWF shared close to 15 million fans. WWE doesn't even crack 1/4 of that today. And you know nothing about people getting screwed to get ahead, because you know nothing about the business...just stop already.

  7. #47
    Black Ninja! Krysys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NeoGotham City
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I love you people and how you think you actually know a damn thing about the business. You know nothing. The success and the numbers don't lie. WCW and WWF shared close to 15 million fans. WWE doesn't even crack 1/4 of that today. And you know nothing about people getting screwed to get ahead, because you know nothing about the business...just stop already.
    So, what nobody but you knows anything about the business? Cause that's basically how you put it. And let's not get started with ratings, things are very different today than they were 15 years ago, hell it's different than it was 5 years ago.
    Profile Retired

  8. #48
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I love you people and how you think you actually know a damn thing about the business. You know nothing. The success and the numbers don't lie. WCW and WWF shared close to 15 million fans. WWE doesn't even crack 1/4 of that today. And you know nothing about people getting screwed to get ahead, because you know nothing about the business...just stop already.
    Well, guys....I guess I've been told...I know nothing! Bwaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahahaha!

    Listen to old mate here, will ya?


  9. #49
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I love you people and how you think you actually know a damn thing about the business. You know nothing. The success and the numbers don't lie. WCW and WWF shared close to 15 million fans. WWE doesn't even crack 1/4 of that today. And you know nothing about people getting screwed to get ahead, because you know nothing about the business...just stop already.
    Dude you sound like a five year old throwing a hissy fit. Your shitting yourself over an argument YOU started over an opinion you didn't agree with. Grow up and stop picking fights over the internet
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  10. #50
    Black Ninja! Shaz11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spliff City
    Posts
    10,604
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I love you people and how you think you actually know a damn thing about the business. You know nothing. The success and the numbers don't lie. WCW and WWF shared close to 15 million fans. WWE doesn't even crack 1/4 of that today. And you know nothing about people getting screwed to get ahead, because you know nothing about the business...just stop already.
    Woah, woah, woah. Coming from the one who's acting as if he knows everything about the business. If you don't like/watch WWE, then fuck off from this thread. Maybe your head is so far shoved up TNA's ass? So why the hell don't YOU stop already!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.