Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
  1. #31
    All of this hating on different eras is ... entertaining and all, but I think you are missing the boat. It seems to me that those who are successful are those who find a way to rise to the top regardless of when they do it. Who would have survived in the attitude era? Probably the same guys who fill our fotter today. Why? Because they are the "best in the world" today. I enjoy the fantasy style format as well as the next mark, but come on guys. Everything is conjucture at this point. My wilder teenage years were made better because of the attitude era, and I also realize hind sight makes everything better than it originally was. I do not enjoy a PG style, but the cream always seems to rise. Most of the cream of today would have risen back then as well. It is the natural course of things.

  2. #32
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,108
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to say here, except I guess you're reaching out to the current WWE-mark clique that will run to your side...I have a category for people like you...You need a special surgery.
    You are romanticising the attitude era so much, I think maybe you should just marry it.

    For every Stone Cold, Rock, Mankind or Undertaker there was a Duke Droese, Aldo Montoya, Heavenly Bodies, Blu Brothers, Mantaur, Flash Funk, Salvatore Sincere, Brakus, New Rockers, The Bodydonnas, Skull & 8 Ball, The Sultan, Interrogater/Kurrgan, Recon, Sniper, JC Ice & Wolfie D (PG-13), Ace Darling, Flash Flanagan, Giant Silva, Insane Clown Posse, Southern Justice, Los Boricuas, Beaver Cleavage, Shawn Stasiask, Mean Street Posse, Barbara Bush, Nicole Bass, The Kat, Tiger Ali Singh, Justin Credible to name just a few.

    Life's pretty sweet when you edit out all the shit stuff I suppose.


  3. #33
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by redbower View Post
    All of this hating on different eras is ... entertaining and all, but I think you are missing the boat. It seems to me that those who are successful are those who find a way to rise to the top regardless of when they do it. Who would have survived in the attitude era? Probably the same guys who fill our fotter today. Why? Because they are the "best in the world" today. I enjoy the fantasy style format as well as the next mark, but come on guys. Everything is conjucture at this point. My wilder teenage years were made better because of the attitude era, and I also realize hind sight makes everything better than it originally was. I do not enjoy a PG style, but the cream always seems to rise. Most of the cream of today would have risen back then as well. It is the natural course of things.
    You said it perfectly man.

    That's what I'm saying as well. Guys like CM Punk, John Cena, and Daniel Bryan could have risen to the top at the Attitude Era or any era. Who knows really? It's just a matter of opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

  4. #34
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You are romanticising the attitude era so much, I think maybe you should just marry it.

    For every Stone Cold, Rock, Mankind or Undertaker there was a Duke Droese, Aldo Montoya, Heavenly Bodies, Blu Brothers, Mantaur, Flash Funk, Salvatore Sincere, Brakus, New Rockers, The Bodydonnas, Skull & 8 Ball, The Sultan, Interrogater/Kurrgan, Recon, Sniper, JC Ice & Wolfie D (PG-13), Ace Darling, Flash Flanagan, Giant Silva, Insane Clown Posse, Southern Justice, Los Boricuas, Beaver Cleavage, Shawn Stasiask, Mean Street Posse, Barbara Bush, Nicole Bass, The Kat, Tiger Ali Singh, Justin Credible to name just a few.

    Life's pretty sweet when you edit out all the shit stuff I suppose.
    But.. but the Attitude Era was still great! Those names you mentioned have more talent than CM Punk, John Cena, and Daniel Bryan wrapped around their fingers because they are from the Attitude Era!!

    Nostalgia for the win!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

  5. #35
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,108
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    But.. but the Attitude Era was still great! Those names you mentioned have more talent than CM Punk, John Cena, and Daniel Bryan wrapped around their fingers because they are from the Attitude Era!!

    Nostalgia for the win!
    The attitude era did have some awesome stuff, I will never deny that. But I also recall a lot of tedium, shit matches and guys you wouldn't cheer with a gun to your head. But seriously.....the AE is like that old girlfriend you still pine for.....the more time goes by, the more you forget the reasons you broke up in the first place.

    The biggest difference between the AE and today is that Vince didn't have quite the stranglehold on the talent backstage as he does today. Back then it was, lie, cheat and shit in the King's crown - all to get ahead. And never mind who you screw along the way. It was pure ruthless politicking in the most mercenary way.

    I'm sure the same people would probably tell you how much better tv shows were back then too. Like Family Matters and Step By Step, Blossom, Hanging With Mr.Cooper, The Nanny or Sabrina were nothing short of fucking awesome viewing. L.O.L.


  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

    I'm sure the same people would probably tell you how much better tv shows were back then too. Like Family Matters and Step By Step, Blossom, Hanging With Mr.Cooper, The Nanny or Sabrina were nothing short of fucking awesome viewing. L.O.L.
    Family Matters was such a great show.

  7. #37
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,662
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Family Matters was such a great show.
    Hear, hear!

    *I got it right this time, Robstar!


  8. #38
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,108
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Hear, hear!

    *I got it right this time, Robstar!
    Lol, I'll be on you as soon as you slip up!


  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    CM Punk isn't really that small. He is the same height as Stone Cold. I don't see his build being a problem either in my opinion. His mic skills and in-ring ability would get him to the top.
    I see his build as the problem. He's not buffed, cut, ripped, chiseled, or jacked. At this time it was still a requirement. 123 Kid is the exception to the rule.

  10. #40
    The Trinity Pumpkinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The PumpkinWorld
    Posts
    2,649
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The attitude era did have some awesome stuff, I will never deny that. But I also recall a lot of tedium, shit matches and guys you wouldn't cheer with a gun to your head. But seriously.....the AE is like that old girlfriend you still pine for.....the more time goes by, the more you forget the reasons you broke up in the first place.

    The biggest difference between the AE and today is that Vince didn't have quite the stranglehold on the talent backstage as he does today. Back then it was, lie, cheat and shit in the King's crown - all to get ahead. And never mind who you screw along the way. It was pure ruthless politicking in the most mercenary way.

    I'm sure the same people would probably tell you how much better tv shows were back then too. Like Family Matters and Step By Step, Blossom, Hanging With Mr.Cooper, The Nanny or Sabrina were nothing short of fucking awesome viewing. L.O.L.
    You say that everytime someone talks about the Attitude Era being better than the current era

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.