Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    I can also see CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Wade Barrett thriving in the Attitude Era. CM Punk because of his mic skills and wrestling ability, Daniel Bryan because of his amazing in-ring ability, and Wade Barrett because of his toughness and promo skills. Hell, these guys could thrive in any era, not just the Attitude Era.
    Wade Barrett can't thrive NOW...what makes you think he'd hang back then when those wrestlers were actually good.

  2. #22
    Give me a break. Putting this whole discussion to rest, NOBODY today could hang in the Attitude Era. Today's wrestlers are a bunch of pansy ass sissies. John Cena, but only as the heel rapper. *Someone posted an awesome video*

    Why do you think the Attitude Era guys come out and today's stars job out to them? It's a different league. Big Stars from then, against weak little nothings of today.

    And to everyone saying DB and Punk...get off your knees and stop double stuffing, would ya.

  3. #23
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Wade Barrett can't thrive NOW...what makes you think he'd hang back then when those wrestlers were actually good.
    Let's see, he was the top heel and the breakout star in the WWE back in mid- 2012 during the Nexus angle, has the size and the look, good with his mic ability, solid in the ring, and has an edge to him. He would do fine in the Attitude Era.

    Also, him not getting over now is a moot point considering the fact that he just got a re-boot with his character after returning from an injury a few months ago. Rome wasn't built in a day.

    Why do you think the Attitude Era guys come out and today's stars job out to them? It's a different league. Big Stars from then, against weak little nothings of today.
    The wrestlers in the Attitude Era were given no script and didn't have to follow any PG guidelines. The wrestlers of today have to follow a script and follow PG guidelines. Surely it would give the wrestlers from the Attitude Era a chance to become big than those from this era.

    Plus, whose to say Val Venis, D'Lo Brown, or any other star from the Attitude Era would thrive in today's current product of the WWE ?

    And to everyone saying DB and Punk...get off your knees and stop double stuffing, would ya.
    How is it double stuffing if we are giving our opinions on who would thrive in the Attitude Era?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

  4. #24
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,145
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Give me a break. Putting this whole discussion to rest, NOBODY today could hang in the Attitude Era. Today's wrestlers are a bunch of pansy ass sissies. John Cena, but only as the heel rapper. *Someone posted an awesome video*

    Why do you think the Attitude Era guys come out and today's stars job out to them? It's a different league. Big Stars from then, against weak little nothings of today.


    And to everyone saying DB and Punk...get off your knees and stop double stuffing, would ya.
    What we have here people, is a card carrying, past living, rose colored seeing, mistakenly believing and conveniently remembering what it chooses Attitude Era Mark.

    Oh boy. Everything was better in the old days!!!


  5. #25
    Punk and DB are to small for the additude era. WWF did not push smaller wrestlers until Eddie and Benoit came over. The reason for their push was WCW. If they were home grown WWF talent they would be lost in the shuffle. Punk would be the 3rd Headbanger and DB would be Dale Wolf.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What we have here people, is a card carrying, past living, rose colored seeing, mistakenly believing and conveniently remembering what it chooses Attitude Era Mark.

    Oh boy. Everything was better in the old days!!!
    Not sure what you're trying to say here, except I guess you're reaching out to the current WWE-mark clique that will run to your side...I have a category for people like you...You need a special surgery.
    Last edited by DK Wrestling Savior; 11-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.

  7. #27
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by body slam View Post
    Punk and DB are to small for the additude era. WWF did not push smaller wrestlers until Eddie and Benoit came over. The reason for their push was WCW. If they were home grown WWF talent they would be lost in the shuffle. Punk would be the 3rd Headbanger and DB would be Dale Wolf.
    CM Punk isn't really that small. He is the same height as Stone Cold. I don't see his build being a problem either in my opinion. His mic skills and in-ring ability would get him to the top.

    You do have a point with Daniel Bryan though. But given his past heel work and in-ring work, he would do fine to be honest. He wouldn't be used as a main eventer as much but I could see him holding the WWE title at one point but mostly being used as a top mid-carder during the Attitude Era. Although, that probably wouldn't top Vince Russo from giving him an awful gimmick that has to do with him being a Vegan who likes having sex with goats.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    Let's see, he was the top heel and the breakout star in the WWE back in mid- 2012 during the Nexus angle, has the size and the look, good with his mic ability, solid in the ring, and has an edge to him. He would do fine in the Attitude Era.

    Top heel being your opinion. And Nexus was 2011, not 2012. He has bland mic skills, as do all the wrestlers of today, who just talk, instead of cutting decent promos. Ring skills he has...but he's only been around 2 years, and in a country club-like wrestling setting that WWE has become. I highly unlikely that he would last.

    Also, him not getting over now is a moot point considering the fact that he just got a re-boot with his character after returning from an injury a few months ago. Rome wasn't built in a day.

    Take that statement of "Rome wasn't built in a day" and apply it to the fact that he's barely been around the block, yet you have him as an instant success in the Attitude Era.



    The wrestlers in the Attitude Era were given no script and didn't have to follow any PG guidelines. The wrestlers of today have to follow a script and follow PG guidelines. Surely it would give the wrestlers from the Attitude Era a chance to become big than those from this era.

    So, you know everything inside and out about the wrestling business. "No Scripts"? Are you freakin serious? Everything on tv, has a script, so I'll chalk this up as your feeble attempt at humor.

    Plus, whose to say Val Venis, D'Lo Brown, or any other star from the Attitude Era would thrive in today's current product of the WWE ?

    The thread doesn't say, who from the Attitude Era would thrive today. It says who, from today, would thrive in the Attitude Era. Completely different scenario.

    How is it double stuffing if we are giving our opinions on who would thrive in the Attitude Era?
    Because that's all everyone does when it comes to today's wrestling. The product is so bad, that fans have nothing to grab on to except, Boring and Stale CM Punk, and a joke, next level Satino, that Daniel Bryan has become, as their saving graces. Double Stuffing. That's what it is if you really think they could do anything in the Attitude Era. The cult following they have today, wouldn't go anywhere near them back in 1997. Not with The Rock, Austin, HHH, Foley, New Age Outlaws, Edge & Christian, Hardys, Undertaker, Kane...etc.

    What today's wrestling fans don't get, is that the Attitude Era was created to combat the other Big Time wrestling promotion that was around. WCW. You guys all claim to know everything about wrestling (because you read wikipedia), but you really don't. Attitude Era guys were true characters who had amazing skill and mic work that had you saying, WOW. Punk and DB are low low VERY VERY low...minor leaguers who would have been Sunday Night Heat dark match bound at best. In 1997, if Punk came out and gave one of his snorefest "best in the world" promos in 1997, everyone would switch to Nitro to see what's going on there.

  9. #29
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,670
    Blog Entries
    5
    Geez, and here we thought Amerinaine was sanctimonious.


  10. #30
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Because that's all everyone does when it comes to today's wrestling. The product is so bad, that fans have nothing to grab on to except, Boring and Stale CM Punk, and a joke, next level Satino, that Daniel Bryan has become, as their saving graces. Double Stuffing. That's what it is if you really think they could do anything in the Attitude Era. The cult following they have today, wouldn't go anywhere near them back in 1997. Not with The Rock, Austin, HHH, Foley, New Age Outlaws, Edge & Christian, Hardys, Undertaker, Kane...etc.
    Maybe because people actually like the product and these so-called "boring" characters? You say that the WWE product is bad but they are still doing pretty good business and they are still alive and kicking. I get that the product today may not fit your interest anymore but the product is far from being bad business-wise since people are still buying WWE's PPVs, watching their shows, buying their merchandise, etc.

    What today's wrestling fans don't get, is that the Attitude Era was created to combat the other Big Time wrestling promotion that was around. WCW. You guys all claim to know everything about wrestling (because you read wikipedia), but you really don't. Attitude Era guys were true characters who had amazing skill and mic work that had you saying, WOW. Punk and DB are low low VERY VERY low...minor leaguers who would have been Sunday Night Heat dark match bound at best. In 1997, if Punk came out and gave one of his snorefest "best in the world" promos in 1997, everyone would switch to Nitro to see what's going on there.

    And what you seem to forget is that the business back in the Attitude Era gave guys like Stone Cold and The Rock a chance to be themselves with the volume turned up. You keep saying that the Attitude Era guys were true stars who had amazing mic skills but if it weren't for them getting the leverage of cutting their own promos and not following a guideline in the Attitude Era, guys like The Rock and Stone Cold would have been stuck with the Rocky Maivia and The Ringmaster gimmick wrestling on WWF Superstars. That's why I'm not understanding why you keeping acting as if the wrestlers today have the same leverage than those that worked in the Attitude Era.

    I don't need Wikipedia to talk about something I already grew up watching as a kid.

    Top heel being your opinion.
    He was the top heel at the time. He was the center of a major angle, working with the likes of John Cena, got a ton of heel heat, lead the Nexus, and got a WWE title shot against Randy Orton due to playing a great role as a heel.

    And Nexus was 2011, not 2012.
    I know that. I made a mistake.
    He has bland mic skills, as do all the wrestlers of today, who just talk, instead of cutting decent promos.
    He is coherent and confident when cutting his promos. Don't see how that's a bad thing.
    Ring skills he has...but he's only been around 2 years, and in a country club-like wrestling setting that WWE has become. I highly unlikely that he would last.
    Hes a good worker regardless. He would last.

    Take that statement of "Rome wasn't built in a day" and apply it to the fact that he's barely been around the block, yet you have him as an instant success in the Attitude Era.
    Given the fact that he lead a major faction called the Nexus which made him more known with the casual audience and was the top heel back in 2010 given the reasons I mentioned already, he would do fine in the Attitude Era. Then again, it IS my opinion.

    I only said that Rome wasn't built in a day because you keep saying that he hasn't reached success yet in the WWE but you don't realize that he came back from an injury under a new gimmick. Also, point to where I said anything about him being an "instant" success in the Attitude Era because I don't remember saying that at all.

    The thread doesn't say, who from the Attitude Era would thrive today. It says who, from today, would thrive in the Attitude Era. Completely different scenario.
    Again, you're missing my point. You keep saying that if CM Punk or Daniel Bryan were in the Attitude Era, that they would been placed in dark matches on Sunday Night Heat but lets turn the tables for a bit and use The Rock and Stone Cold as an example of them being able to thrive in today's product. In today's product, there would be no Rock or Stone Cold because those characters wouldn't fly in today's WWE product where wrestlers can't cross a certain line. The Rock and Stone Cold cut promos that wouldn't work in today's product such as The Rock talking about pootang pie and Stone Cold drinking beer and flipping people off.

    So, you know everything inside and out about the wrestling business. "No Scripts"? Are you freakin serious? Everything on tv, has a script, so I'll chalk this up as your feeble attempt at humor.
    Stone Cold and Rock have stated numerous times that they did their own promos without a script. Even Shawn Michaels did his own promos because he didn't want anybody writing promos for him. These guys basically did what they wanted to do with their characters with Vince Russo pitching them ideas here and there.
    Last edited by Dubs; 11-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.