Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Which wrestler in the WWE would thrive in the Attitude Era.

I was watching a CM Punk Stone Cold interview where they were basically promoting the video game. When CM Punk noted that he would thrive and be one of the top stars and even WWE Champion in the Attitude Era. Which leads to my question which wrestler in present day WWE would thrive and be one of the top stars in the Attitude Era.

You have guys like Sheamus, or Wade Barrett who are brawlers and can probably fit into the Hardcore-Smash mouthed style of the Attitude Era. Our maybe even John Cena who gets the most split audience reaction in the history of the WWE, would that be any different in the Attitude Era.

In my opinion it would be Daniel Bryan his music and entrance alone gets pops every time he walks out. I can see his Yes! No! gimmick very over in the Attitude Era and in a Era so focused on wrestling he can very well rise to the top with the likes of Chris Jericho, and Chris Benoit.

Blog Entries
    Heath Slater - Too Cool anyone?

David Otunga - RTC?

JTG - With his Cryme Tyme gimmick, he could have fit the era like a glove with all of his stealing and debauchery.

That's really all I can see right now.

Blog Entries
    I think justin gabriel could of done well in the attitude era. risk takers in the attitude era thrived.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Punk n DB will thrive in any era...

I can see Barett/Sheamus as brawlers, Damien Sandow, JTG (Crime Time Gimmick), Santino Marella, USOs, Colons and of course Cena (the rapper)...

punk, bryan, sandow

Daniel Bryan

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Sahu View Post
    Punk n DB will thrive in any era...
    Blow them much?

People are obviously just gonna say cm punk, i think d bryan and dolph ziggler against people like beniot, jericho, hbk And kurt angle would have been awesom matches

I agree with cryme time aswell that would have been good to watch

Damien sandow pisses me off but like reagal did back then so i think he would have done well
    Hawow welcome to city wok take ur order pwease

shitt spent time smoking weed am nervous

pass the ball to pagey hes on his game tonight

Call me crazy, but I think The Miz would have torn it up in the Attitude Era. Really? Really.

It's basic thuganomics.. He's one of the last, traditional persona's left in the company. By that I mean he's got the most gimmicky, quotable, catch-phrases in the company. Similar to the Jerichoholics, he's got Mizfits and Miztakes. And he's got a great closing line like, "That's the bottom line" or "If ya smellll" .. that everyone loves to join in on. You can tell he was a major Rock fan growing up.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL