Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    John Cena & The Miz vs Juan Cena & Calgary Kid

Yeah hunico needs to get a mask on again. His current gimmick is just too boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    I'm surprised WWE haven't tried to ride the coat tails of the batman movie and gone for a "bane". They kind of did it with Hardy and Joker years back. I guess having Kane puts a damper on the idea atm though. If he wasn't doing so well with Bryan, i'd like to see him in that "psychotic" type of gimmick.
    This makes me think of Glacier from WCW. They even gave him a rip off of the one good song in the Mortal Kombat movie(Traci Lords - Control). I kind of miss blatant shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    I'm surprised WWE haven't tried to ride the coat tails of the batman movie and gone for a "bane". They kind of did it with Hardy and Joker years back. I guess having Kane puts a damper on the idea atm though. If he wasn't doing so well with Bryan, i'd like to see him in that "psychotic" type of gimmick.
    If they were going to do that it should have been Ryback IMO,...And Kane would need a full face mask also IMO to pull it off...I dont like how he shows bare face...Grow a fuckin goatee like the original days its just wrong for a "Monster" to be so clean shaven...Little things that matter.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    As a few people have stated, wrestlers with facepaint are another good option. Maybe when Sting retires, they can buy the gimmick from him? lol, probably not.....but they could resurrect other gimmicks.

I'd LOVE to see WWE bring in Muta for a short run and pair him up with Yoshi.

Blog Entries
    If that were to happen, then masked wrestlers would become the norm and at that point, they wouldn't be special anymore, right? And back to Square 1 it is. It's a dog eat dog world nowadays where if you don't have any interesting quirks, you're done. If everyone, who's under the audience's radar, is given a mask to work with, then not only does that pool them together with other rejects but you've effectively restricted their chances to express themselves because the mask is supposed to do the talking.

And besides that, I doubt it'd work with wrestlers who've already debuted. Once you've gotten a taste of how someone is, you generally retain that opinion of them unless they're totally repackaged and like I've already stated, a mask won't do it at all. Added mythos? Perhaps but that's where it ends and even in that case, it's pretty shallow.

Being repackaged doesn't always help,Drew Hankinson,case in point.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Being repackaged doesn't always help,Drew Hankinson,case in point.
    Of course it doesn't always help, it's silly to suggest that it always does. WWE love making larger than life characters, and then bury the person playing those characters when they're not over and no one can relate to them. The mask, face paint, outrageous ring gear all help to get characters over and that's what they need. So shit yeah, bring masks back back.