Threaded View

Blog Entries

Masked Wrestlers - Are WWE Missing The Boat?

I really have no idea why WWE isn't putting more guys in masks. For starters, you increase the possible longevity of a guy if you debut him under a mask - he can later either be unmasked in an angle or much more easily repackaged if the persona doesn't take off.

WWE really shot themselves in the foot not keeping the Colons under masks, as they were in FCW. And now it could be too late to revert to that, though I'd still love to see it.

With the upcoming returns of Evan Bourne and Hunico, I'd love to see both these guys return under masks, with new names, possibly affiliated. There's huge storyline possibilities to having Bourne wear a mask only to unveil himself at a later date. And Hunico we all know was a better Sin Cara than Sin Cara. Whack Comacho in a mask and you have yourselves a stable/team/faction even.

As we have seen with Rey and Sin Cara and Kane, the increased marketing possibilities of masked wrestlers are surely a goldmine. I really do wonder why WWE is seemingly ignoring this opportunity to utilize something that I think, would be nothing if not advantageous for them in every way.