Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    She won't run a third time, even Vince isn't that stupid, I can see them making some cuts in the roster since they need to balance the profit, an union seems like a dream as some stated before, but I don't see PG going anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Ha! In true political fashion, you've misquoted me!! lol
    Its all this election coverage we've been getting from the US of late, I got caught up in the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    She won't run a third time, even Vince isn't that stupid, I can see them making some cuts in the roster since they need to balance the profit, an union seems like a dream as some stated before, but I don't see PG going anytime soon
    I'd imagine the deal she puts on the table is "You pretend that I have a chance in politics, and I'll pretend that you're not just using your company to rub up against young women"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA21 View Post
    Does Piper have a point about the treatment of the mid-card talent? Of course! The solution - as Mick Foley and Jesse Ventura have said many times - is for wrestlers to unionize and have the ability to do some collective negotiation. Given the "independent" views of many wrestlers, though, that's not likely to happen.

Perhaps the negative publicity will force the WWE to take better care of the mid-card talent, as it forced their hand with the Wellness Policy, the anti-concussion initiatives, etc, but other than that the complaining by un-named talent is most likely going to continue.
    These guys like Piper, Foley, Ventura all talk about the need for a wrestlers' union...but when is one of them going to quit flapping his yap and make a move to actually start one? Prediction: never. It all sounds righteous when standing on the soapbox--stating the obvious, no less--but this whole "I've got a great idea. Now all I need is someone else to do the actual work" routine is waaaay tired.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    I'd imagine the deal she puts on the table is "You pretend that I have a chance in politics, and I'll pretend that you're not just using your company to rub up against young women"
    LOL haha that made me laugh!

on topic i think that its not only in wwe, most wrestling companies and most wrestlers all over the world are really unpaid so i think it would be needed to change the whole system

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsley View Post
    LOL haha that made me laugh!

on topic i think that its not only in wwe, most wrestling companies and most wrestlers all over the world are really unpaid so i think it would be needed to change the whole system
    When I hear someone like zack Ryder is sleeping in a friends apartment, you know for a fact the system is fucked up.

WWE tried to clean up its image during the Senate campaign in an attempt to make itself more presentable as family fare. Still, Democrats found ways to remind the electorate of an online scene featuring a wrestler simulating sex with a corpse in a casket.

this made me laugh

not a good day for sports personalities running for Senate.

Connie Mack IV, who carries one of the most venerated names in baseball, was defeated in a bid for a Senate seat in Florida.
    George Allen, with familial links to the Washington Redskins past and present, also was blocked from the Senate.
    Ben Chandler, the grandson of onetime baseball commissioner Happy Chandler, was ousted from his U.S. House seat in Kentucky.

Blog Entries
    all things Linda??? It is sounding like "Everything's Rosy"...