Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If they made Rock lose at RR just to win it at WM i would be even more pissed off tHen if he had won it at RR! Also that would mean the ending screen of WM will be the Rock standing tall for 3 years in a row

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    If they made Rock lose at RR just to win it at WM i would be even more pissed off tHen if he had won it at RR! Also that would mean the ending screen of WM will be the Rock standing tall for 3 years in a row
    Solid point. All the more reason I think The Rock wins it at the Rumble, and drops it to Cena at Mania. Cena and Rock end their feud 1-1, Cena gets his Mania moment verse the Rock, and everyone is happy (minus Cena haters).

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Solid point. All the more reason I think The Rock wins it at the Rumble, and drops it to Cena at Mania. Cena and Rock end their feud 1-1, Cena gets his Mania moment verse the Rock, and everyone is happy (minus Cena haters).
    And the people who took the 'Once In A Lifetime' tag-line to heart. Since The Rock has been pretty anti-Cena on television for awhile now I can see The Rock being responsible for bringing in that new Championship that the WWE has been working on for quite awhile now. I can only play the 'guessing' game at this point, but I would be extremely shocked if CM Punk leaves RR with yet another victory. I think his Championship run is nearing its end.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    To bad that Punk will probably drop the belt to Rock. Then Cena will enter and win RR. Cena will challange Rock for the belt at WM. I hope this turns into a triple threat match. Rock (c) vs Cena vs Punk. Having Punk come out as the champ. Not only does he beat Cena but he beats the Rock pushing him over more as a heel and as a top star.

Brock to screw Rock @ RR for WM match??

I think Punk is going to beat the Rock after Cena screws the Rock setting up WM Rock Cena II. Then Punk will brag and boast until the gongs hit and the Taker challenges him streak vs title streak at WM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    The ONLY reason I'm okay with (and I believe he will) The Rock winning the title at the Rumble: HUGE publicity for the WWE, in a positive way. The Rock is a legitimate, massive A-list movie star. Him carrying the WWE Title to talk shows, movie premieres, and on Raw for a few months leading to Wrestlemania, could really do wonders for the ratings. If we have to sacrifice the title to a part-timer for a few months, there is no one better than The Rock. The new and returning fans might tune in to watch the People's Champ, but they might keep tuning in for months to follow for guys like Daniel Bryan, Miz, Sandow, Ziggler, etc.

I think NOT putting the strap on the Rock at the Rumble is a big-time missed opportunity.

In my humble opinion. - EL T Draino 316
    Only fly in the ointment here is, the producers of the movies Rock is pushing on those talk show appearances will NOT want him spending any time talking about wrestling. And simply becoming the WWE champ (actually only one of them) isn't newsworthy enough for the TV producers to book him and break the trad of guests only coming on to hawk a specific product. Maybe they'll get one bite before Mania with the WWE arranging the booking, but I wouldn't expect to see much else of him. He may be an A-List movie star, but there are plenty of them, hot musical acts, sports hotshots, and so forth, to populate the few A-List talk shows.

Also, with his busy schedule, there may be little/no time to appear on talkers even if he wanted to.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I think Punk is going to beat the Rock after Cena screws the Rock setting up WM Rock Cena II. Then Punk will brag and boast until the gongs hit and the Taker challenges him streak vs title streak at WM.
    Wow. This. I've been so sure Rock would beat Punk at the Rumble, but this is definitely better. I've shared that same thought that Mania would shape up with Cena vs Rock, Punk vs Taker, and Lesnar vs HHH - so this theory would set up two of those three perfectly.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    On second thought, the only roadblock to this theory is Taker walking away WWE Champion. Lord knows Taker's streak won't be the one ending, and he has legitimately appeared on WWE TV less than The Rock in the past 2 year. Would he just vacate the title - retire on top? If that's the case, I'm all for it.

Cena beats Punk and Ryback at Survivor Series. Cena loses to the Rock at Royal Rumble. Punk wins a number one contender EC. Punk beats the Rock at Wrestlemania. CM Punk has done what Cena could not do and has beaten the Rock. Sets up Punk as "Best in the World", possibly sets up a Cena heel turn or Cena vs Rock III, and would make Punk's next championship run that much more credible.