Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Damien Sandow buzz killed

As decent as Rhodes Scholars are, I had high hopes for Sandow to carry on his thing, his buzz, dominate the mid card scene and eventually becoming one of the top 2 heels in the company (that's how much I rated his character). I know there's still time for this to happen but him and Cesaro could be having a nice feud now instead of the tag stuff with Rhodes (Which is pointless for me because it's likely they'll split up soon)

Apologies if this has already been brought up or if it fits in the 'bitching on WWE' criteria.

I think it's possible Sandow will still get there, but in due time. HHH is the man behind the current push and revamp of the Tag Division so blame him for putting Sandow's single push on hold. Give it time though... the man has a lot of talent and charisma and will easily be a World Champ at some point. Just like Rhodes will, and Cesaro might be... who knows... I don't think Cesaro is as over as Sandow or Rhodes though!

Oh and this is my first post here! Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    As decent as Rhodes Scholars are, I had high hopes for Sandow to carry on his thing, his buzz, dominate the mid card scene and eventually becoming one of the top 2 heels in the company (that's how much I rated his character). I know there's still time for this to happen but him and Cesaro could be having a nice feud now instead of the tag stuff with Rhodes (Which is pointless for me because it's likely they'll split up soon)

Apologies if this has already been brought up or if it fits in the 'bitching on WWE' criteria.
    Sandow and Rhodes both needed something to do. Both midcard titles are currently being used to push other people. Cesaro and Sandow wouldn't have feuded as both are heels. If Sandow faced Kofi he most likely would've lost because WWE is getting ready to push Kofi again. So why not have Sandow and Rhodes both in the lime light and be an intricle part in rebuilding the tag division?

Yeah i don't see the tag team going anywhere. He should be put back in the singles scene.

Patience....He's one of the best characters going today with the little time he has been in the WWE. He can put on great matches, his mic skills are awesome and most importantly he gets a STRONG crowd reaction.

He's right on track. He'll be in the main event or even a WHC or WWE champion in the future.

He hasn't even been on the main roster for a year.

Same thing is happening with DB right now. That doesn't mean DB is done being in the main event.

I don't see the tag team going really anywhere, maybe a win over hell no then loosing the belts to cara & mysterio then splitting up. I think sandow should feud with kofi to take his belt... really kofi has no point being the champ, how many has he won and he is still a jobber than nobody cares about... miz said it best. Miz should of not lost his title & sandow should win it

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Patience....He's one of the best characters going today with the little time he has been in the WWE. He can put on great matches, his mic skills are awesome and most importantly he gets a STRONG crowd reaction.

He's right on track. He'll be in the main event or even a WHC or WWE champion in the future.

He hasn't even been on the main roster for a year.

Same thing is happening with DB right now. That doesn't mean DB is done being in the main event.
    This. With bells on.
    Sandow is part of WWE's future. If you compare him to guys like Barrett then being in a tag team doesn't seem to bad. We'll have years of enjoying Sandow, Barrett, Ambrose (eventually), Cesaro and all the other IWC favourites but only if we are patient and support them and don't expect each one to become WWE or WHC champ within 6 months. Where do they go from there? Multi time champions? How about holding the WWE title 10 times, including a reign of more than a year and being in every f**king main event EVER UNTIL WE ALL DIE! </rant> <rocking gently back and forth>

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    This. With bells on.
    Sandow is part of WWE's future. If you compare him to guys like Barrett then being in a tag team doesn't seem to bad. We'll have years of enjoying Sandow, Barrett, Ambrose (eventually), Cesaro and all the other IWC favourites but only if we are patient and support them and don't expect each one to become WWE or WHC champ within 6 months. Where do they go from there? Multi time champions? How about holding the WWE title 10 times, including a reign of more than a year and being in every f**king main event EVER UNTIL WE ALL DIE! </rant> <rocking gently back and forth>
    Lol nahh, like I said at the start, I would've preferred him at the mid card scene right now as I felt he had the momentum for it. Thats all my point was, I still like that guy, ain't mad at WWE or nothing.

i agree that sandow should be usa champ right now and cesaro should be tag partner with rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Lol nahh, like I said at the start, I would've preferred him at the mid card scene right now as I felt he had the momentum for it. Thats all my point was, I still like that guy, ain't mad at WWE or nothing.
    Ok, now I've recovered a bit I'll reply rationally!

For me, with very few exceptions, I've also considered all tag teams and their members mid card. Sandow was tearing through the mid card on his own and I was very impressed, I love his abilities on the mic and his vicious streak in matches, he's got something of a timeless quality to his gimmick. All the time he was on his own he was heading for the US or IC title or having people lose interest if he didn't achieve either. With Kofi getting a new push and WWE being hot on Cesaro he is just too far down the pecking order, by teaming him with a well established upper mid carder in Rhodes WWE can keep him on our screens and have him take on a wider range of wrestlers.
    I agree that mid card dominance would be great for Sandow but if it had to come at cost to Cesaro or Kofi then I wouldn't be so happy. Hopefully Rhodes Scholars can capture the tag titles, if only to keep them both on tv.

Divas to believe in.