Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a few questions...

Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster! So I'm going to Raw on Monday night in Birmingham, my first TV tapings, but I was wondering are you allowed to bring cameras to the show? I know most people will just bring there phone and take pictures but that's not an option for me haha. Also What time is it best to get there? It says the show starts at 7 on the ticket but is that raw or is that the tapings of superstars and whatever else they do? Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance

I think you can take cameras a lot of videos pop up on youtube, I think 7 will be when the gates open, I think RAW will start around 9 (just my memory from reading live spoilers of it last year )
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Yes you can bring cameras. As long as the camera doesn't have one of those super zoom lenses that are like 12 inches long you'll be fine. The doors open one hour prior to the time posted on the ticket. I usually show up 90 minutes prior to the the start of the show as lines get ridiculous to get in the doors most of the time. What usually happens at Raw shows is they have a dark match just for the audience to get them into the show and then they tape for Superstars and Saturday Morning Slam I believe. After that then it will be time to go live for Raw.

I usually show up about an hour before the gates open. FLWWEFan is right, the lines get quite long. I also try to get there early so I can buy any merchandise right away. As for the camera, I've read before that you can have a camera (point and shoot) and that it can not have a detachable lens (DSLR). They obviously don't allow camcorders, but most cameras/phones do video. I think I remember that they will tell you to stop recording if they see you doing it.

As for other things to expect. It will be LOUD, which is great in my eyes. Sets the mood. There are more pauses than you might think between matches. Try to participate in all the cheering, no one likes a dead crowd. I personally love the dark matches myself. Usually you get to see a local guy (Joe Hennig for me) and the wrestlers will break character more. They won't necessarily follow there heel/face roles and they are free to joke around. That's my experience anyway.

Have fun. Soak in the atmosphere. Be sure to watch the replay on tv or online. You might just see yourself. (Sidenote - I was at the Raw 9/29/08 where Shawn Michaels needed a partner to face Chris Jericho and Lance Cade and Triple H was his partner reuniting DX and I could see myself. It's a great way to show friends you were there.) You'll never know what's going to happen.
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - FMA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinker View Post
    I usually show up about an hour before the gates open. FLWWEFan is right, the lines get quite long. I also try to get there early so I can buy any merchandise right away. As for the camera, I've read before that you can have a camera (point and shoot) and that it can not have a detachable lens (DSLR). They obviously don't allow camcorders, but most cameras/phones do video. I think I remember that they will tell you to stop recording if they see you doing it.

As for other things to expect. It will be LOUD, which is great in my eyes. Sets the mood. There are more pauses than you might think between matches. Try to participate in all the cheering, no one likes a dead crowd. I personally love the dark matches myself. Usually you get to see a local guy (Joe Hennig for me) and the wrestlers will break character more. They won't necessarily follow there heel/face roles and they are free to joke around. That's my experience anyway.

Have fun. Soak in the atmosphere. Be sure to watch the replay on tv or online. You might just see yourself. (Sidenote - I was at the Raw 9/29/08 where Shawn Michaels needed a partner to face Chris Jericho and Lance Cade and Triple H was his partner reuniting DX and I could see myself. It's a great way to show friends you were there.) You'll never know what's going to happen.
    I was at the raw where Matt hardy returned at Mohegan sun. So I know what you mean by "tell everyone that you were there" ^_^

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. It's just a normal camera so I was hoping that it would be ok, I think it said when I was buying the tickets that doors open at half 5, but on the ticket it said 7pm, but we will be getting there early anyway. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ElPezidente View Post
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated. It's just a normal camera so I was hoping that it would be ok, I think it said when I was buying the tickets that doors open at half 5, but on the ticket it said 7pm, but we will be getting there early anyway. Can't wait!
    Have fun buddy and enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by flwwefan View Post
    yes you can bring cameras. As long as the camera doesn't have one of those super zoom lenses that are like 12 inches long you'll be fine.
    hahahahaha

I am also going to the show mate and I am also buzzing to actually see Raw live. Been a fan since I can care to remember but never been able to get tickets until tonight's show!!!! Just a bit of heads up. I looked on the arena website and it says that the show finishes at half 10 so Raw will be kicking off around 7. I am getting there around 5 for merchandise an dark matches... Also is it sad that I have taken today as holiday off work??! I am too excited. Have a good night, pal!

Number 1 bit of advice - Don't let anyone take away from your experience. There might be people there who get annoying (usually when they have had 1 too many drinks) but these people are few and far between. Let it go and just have fun. Don't let anyone take that from you. The best feeling is starting a chant and hearing it go all through the arena; creative chants are always the best. I had the crowd chanting "Mr. Zig-gles" at a Smack Down show a few years back and my whole section was laughing when Ziggler was screaming at us that it wasn't his name. They are there to interact with you, but above all else be respectful to them and your fellow fans. Don't throw things (I have actually witnessed people doing this) like coke bottles or cups at the wrestlers; even if you don't get tossed, you could still hit someone else. And remember that kids attend these events so keep in mind that chanting "Fuck You Cena" isn't really the "coolest" thing to do when there's a 3 year old sitting 2 rows in front of you.

I hope you have a good time bro!

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone