Should TNA move to Monday Nights?

I just posted a special blog about this. It hasn't posted yet but it should be up. And one thing I do is make a case that TNA should "get real". So I just wanted to throw it out there.

Should TNA move to Monday Nights and go head to head with WWE?

I say they should simply because, they have nothing to lose. They are consistently in that 0.97 - 1.01 ratings range since going live. A few episodes scored higher or lower but this is basically where they've been hovering. They have their TNA loyals, just as WWE does, but there are fans of both. So, in some of the weak backstage segments that WWE likes to waste everyone's time with, wouldn't it be nice to be able to switch channels and see what's happening in the world of Impact Wrestling? I know it would be for me.

My guess is, their ratings would either stay the same, or actually go up. Plus, I'm sure it would rate higher than more Star Wars or CSI reruns. Not sure if it's something they CAN do, but if they can, I think they should.

Yes when Monday Night Raw is crappy (it happens pretty often) people will be like what else is on, and bamn TNA is putting on a classic and thats how you win fans over. How WWE beat WCW is how TNA can beat WWE. Just put on compelling television and classic matches. But they need to go all out on matches and make people want to watch each week start putting guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, on TV more so people can see some great matches and moves they never seen. Put Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy against younger talent so people can say hey I remember those guys, while also getting exposed to new superstars.

So in short yes.

I understand what your saying and I'll admit TNA's product is much much better then it was when they tried taking on raw the first time but to be honest I still don't think that they could beat raw. Yes often raw isn't a great show but impact is hit and miss on a near weekly basis. I'd say they should move to friday nighst and take on smackdown just to see how teh numbers would stack up before going after wwes main show
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Blog Entries
    No.

Although TNA has nothing to lose making a move to Monday Nights, they have nothing to gain from it either. It may give certain fans some nostalgia for those who experienced the Monday Night Wars but that's about it really. Nothing will be gained from it and in the end, it would be a waste of time on TNA's part. They aren't that big of a company to go head to head with Monday Night Raw and they're not even close. It also back-fired on them a bit when they made the move to go to Monday Nights permanently, scoring the second lowest rating for Impact since 2006 during that whole little "ratings war". They even half-assed the ratings war by going one hr early which was smart but it still didn't help them ratings-wise and was another desperation move. Once they announced that they were going back to Thursday Nights, I was happy and thought to myself "It's about damn time they made that announcement." That whole Monday Night War 2.0 fiasco made me shake my head.

This simply isn't a knock on TNA. They are a great company who have progressed over the 10 years. They are also doing pretty good numbers in the U.K which is also great. I just think it would be a meaningless move to try and move to Monday Nights once again just for "history to repeat itself". Trying to have another Monday Night War is pointless and something that should be left in the past. I highly doubt we'll see another significant Monday Night War in this day and age but never say never I guess.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with TNA sticking to their bubble and just being the 2nd biggest company in the U.S right now. They have been putting on great episodes of Impact as of late and currently have a major angle that has been talked about which is Aces and Eights. They've made Thursday Nights a home for them. Their loyal fans are enjoying their product right now and they seem to be fine with their product right now. Makes no sense trying to compete with a company that you know you won't compete with in the long run. That's how you end up with companies like ECW and WCW.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

While they are drawing a 1 in ratings on a Thursday you must be kidding me!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    While they are drawing a 1 in ratings on a Thursday you must be kidding me!!
    Not to mention Wrestlemania season and how it back-fired on them trying to compete with them during Wrestlemania season back in 2010. Didn't work out for them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Blog Entries
    No. They tried before, and although their product is better than it was back then, and WWE's product is currently suffering a dip in form, the result would still be the same.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

First off, I love TNA. TNA being broadcast for free in the UK is what brought me back to wrestling after a 10 year absence. But to answer your question, No. TNA are in no way shape or form able to compete directly with WWE. They should focus all their efforts on putting on the best show they can. Who knows a couple of years down the line, why not? But for now? Be content with being in the top 2!