• Jay Lethal

5 17.24%
  • Eric Young

11 37.93%
  • "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero

7 24.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Most underused superstar in TNA's history

Is it Jay Lethal, Eric Young, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero, or Alex Shelley?

I personally believe that the answer to this question has to be "The Pope" simply based on the fact that out of all these guys he is the most charismatic among them. He is also on par if not better then these guys in the ring, I'm not gonna say definitely better because all of these guys are great in the ring. But the fact is that "The Pope" is the best superstar on the TNA roster to never win a championship in TNA. The fact that this man has never been a champion in TNA is a complete misuse of talent. Imagine what this man could do for the X-Division or the Television Championship? Samoa Joe is doing a great job, but before Joe the title has been a whose who of unimpressive champions. Booker was forgettable, AJ I had to wikipedia who won, Nash, Foley, Eric Young, Rob Terry, AJ Styles, and then a list of people not even worth mentioning. In that long list of nobodies your telling me "The Pope" who was doing nothing couldn't bring credibility to that title? I do think though that these other three guys all should've been given a legitimate shot at the TNA title because they were all victims of TNA's crap booking from there time in the company especially Lethal and Shelley.

Daniels and Lethal.Daniels should have been at least 2 or 3 times world champion

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    I voted for Eric Young. I have expressed many times how he has been the most underused wrestler in TNA for a long time now and my opinion has still stayed the same since.

I love his comedy stuff and he is great as a comedic relief but he can be used so much more than how he is currently being used. Hes great in the ring and great on the mic to be taken seriously as a competitor in TNA but he keeps getting booked as a comedic relief which can get a tad bit stale. He has proven that he can be taken as a serious competitor and has shown potential of being a future main eventer on a couple of occasions so I don't see why they keep giving him the same comedy relief gimmick.

For instance, his heel turn back in 2009. He shaved his head and transformed into a whole new person, wanting the fans and TNA management to take him seriously. Then, he formed a faction called World Elite consisting of wrestlers like the British Invasion who represented the U.K, Kiyoshi who represented Japan, Homicide who represented Puerto Rico, Sheik Abdul Bashir (Davari) who represented Iran, and Eric Young himself who represented Canada which could have been the biggest heel faction in wrestling at the time but they were broken apart for reason I really don't know. Anyways, this is the time where Eric Youn was cutting a lot of amazing heel promos and gotten a lot of heel heat from the fans. This lead him to work with Kurt Angle in a tag match and even get Kevin Nash as his bodyguard. I thought that Young was finally going to get his due as a main eventer in TNA but nope, he gets put in a comedy tag team with Orlando Jordan.

Eric Young showed a lot of potential at that time. I seriously do not know why they didn't keep him as a heel.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    I voted for Eric Young. I have expressed many times how he has been the most underused wrestler in TNA for a long time now and my opinion has still stayed the same since.

I love his comedy stuff and he is great as a comedic relief but he can be used so much more than how he is currently being used. Hes great in the ring and great on the mic to be taken seriously as a competitor in TNA but he keeps getting booked as a comedic relief which can get a tad bit stale. He has proven that he can be taken as a serious competitor and has shown potential of being a future main eventer on a couple of occasions so I don't see why they keep giving him the same comedy relief gimmick.

For instance, his heel turn back in 2009. He shaved his head and transformed into a whole new person, wanting the fans and TNA management to take him seriously. Then, he formed a faction called World Elite consisting of wrestlers like the British Invasion who represented the U.K, Kiyoshi who represented Japan, Homicide who represented Puerto Rico, Sheik Abdul Bashir (Davari) who represented Iran, and Eric Young himself who represented Canada which could have been the biggest heel faction in wrestling at the time but they were broken apart for reason I really don't know. Anyways, this is the time where Eric Youn was cutting a lot of amazing heel promos and gotten a lot of heel heat from the fans. This lead him to work with Kurt Angle in a tag match and even get Kevin Nash as his bodyguard. I thought that Young was finally going to get his due as a main eventer in TNA but nope, he gets put in a comedy tag team with Orlando Jordan.

Eric Young showed a lot of potential at that time. I seriously do not know why they didn't keep him as a heel.
    This. EY in my opinion has more talent than Roode, and I love Roode
    "The Best of British" Rob Rage

HWA Midcarder of the Year 2011
    Longest Reigning HWA Universal Champion Ever
    EWA, HWA, AWF, JBW, IWA & BitW Legend
    Real HWA Supremacy World Champion
    IWA Insane Asylum Winner 2012
    First Ever JBW Underground Champion
    EWN Midcarder of the Year 2012
    EWN Promo of the Year 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post

Even when he feuded MEM as a face and he won the x-division title,he was really good at that point of time

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robareid View Post
    This. EY in my opinion has more talent than Roode, and I love Roode
    I have to agree. Roode is the best heel right now in TNA but I can see Eric Young out-shinning him in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Even when he feuded MEM as a face and he won the x-division title,he was really good at that point of time
    Oh yeah. He showed a lot of potential when he feuded with Main Event Mafia as well. I remember him and Alex Shelly having a solid match for the X-Division title. Would love to see him compete more in the X-Division these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Blog Entries

Even I have voted for EY..he's surely a great heel...but I loved him as a face n I enjoyed him a lot when he feuded MEM...he's a very very talented guy....I think he's been grossly misused....

Blog Entries
    Daniels and Lethal.Daniels should have been at least 2 or 3 times world champion
    I agree with this....Had TNA saved those meaningless WHC reigns of Anderson/RVD/Hardy's earlier reigns...Daniels might have got at least one...

Im going with someone not on the poll.. Sharkboy

Eric Young without a doubt he is fantastic and know he might be leaving.