Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wade Barrett Vs Sheamus in England.

Wade Barrett and Sheamus cut a great promo on WWE Main Event and how Sheamus has a few mutual friends but Barrett hates the Irish (know idea why the Irish and the English hate each other) but this match should be good especially in England. I love Barrett's line in which he saids "I never lose in England" I think its going to be one of those nights where the crowd is on fire and going crazy for the heel(Wade Barrett) and booing the hell out of the face. (Sheamus) Anyway really looking forward to this match.

Anyone else looking forward to this match as well?

Blog Entries
    This is going to be absolutely epic. The crowd will be going insane

Fresh Member
    It should be excellent, looking forward to it!

Just a side note, there was a time when Britain and Ireland despised each other, when Ireland was trying to get independence from Britain, leading to various violent acts, so that's probably the 'hatred' they are playing off of.
    Smell That!

As an Englishman I do not like they way they're playing on this Anglo-Irish hate thing. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since the troubled times. The IRA (Irish Republican Army) would often bomb mainland Britain, often busy town centres or shopping malls.

Since these times the peace process has brought our two nations together. Its a very touchy and delicate subject, that I don't feel should be put in a wrestling angle. My grandparents are Irish, so I have no problem with the Irish. A lot of English people have Irish relatives as during the famine in olden days a lot of Irish people emigrated to England to find work and for a better life and settled here.

Sorry for the boring history lesson, just my thoughts. And yes, Wade probably would get the crowd backing in this match from the majority of the crowd, however if I was in attendance I would boo Wade til my lungs collapsed. He is from Preston, Blackpool's deadly rivals. Its like NY/Boston rivalry, except this is even more one sided haha.

Wish Regal and Barret would mix it up, Blackpool v Preston in a WWE ring would be EPIC for me
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

I have to agree, but it is only wrestling so wouldn't start any real trouble!

I still think a British faction should come together

Regal - Manager
    Barrett - England
    Sheamus - Ireland
    Drew McIntyre - Scotland
    Mason Ryan - Wales

It would be a force!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittbull View Post
    I have to agree, but it is only wrestling so wouldn't start any real trouble!

I still think a British faction should come together

Regal - Manager
    Barrett - England
    Sheamus - Ireland
    Drew McIntyre - Scotland
    Mason Ryan - Wales

It would be a force!
    Except that Sheamus isn't British, he's Irish He's from Dublin which is the capital of the Republic of Ireland, which is not part of the UK. Northen Ireland is part of the UK, so Finlay for example would be able to be in the stable.

I think Regal, Barrett, Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan would make an amazing stable though.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Except that Sheamus isn't British, he's Irish He's from Dublin which is the capital of the Republic of Ireland, which is not part of the UK. Northen Ireland is part of the UK, so Finlay for example would be able to be in the stable.

I think Regal, Barrett, Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan would make an amazing stable though.

Knew that was coming...

Maybe add PAC then!

Blog Entries

i think this information should be provided for all thread posts from now on

people always need to be educated on this simple fact

Agree with you. An idea though. If Finlay returns to ring action, he and Sheamus could be a tag team. They could be a face team, and show that friendship between Northern Ireland and Ireland is possible. Would fit in the PG era.
    After some months, they would break up, arguing which country is the best. Irish brawl match at WM maybe?

Would never happen, but cool idea.
    Norway<3

Survivor Series 2011 - 4th
    Over the Limit 2012 - Tied 10th
    MITB 2012 - Tied 11th

Sacrifice 2012 - Tied 6th
    Destination X 2012 - 4th
    Turning Point 2012 - 11th

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittbull View Post
    Knew that was coming...

Maybe add PAC then!
    PAC would be a great addition to the stable for sure!

Another one (albeit a long shot) would be Prince Devitt. I know he's not with WWe, but i would LOVE for him t be signed by WWE. He's an incredible wrestler. Definitely one of my favorite outside WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador View Post
    i think this information should be provided for all thread posts from now on

people always need to be educated on this simple fact
    Amazing how little know that fact isn't it lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Joonny View Post
    Agree with you. An idea though. If Finlay returns to ring action, he and Sheamus could be a tag team. They could be a face team, and show that friendship between Northern Ireland and Ireland is possible. Would fit in the PG era.
    After some months, they would break up, arguing which country is the best. Irish brawl match at WM maybe?

Would never happen, but cool idea.
    Go back 5-10 years and this would have been perfect. Definitely unlikely to happen now.
    Would have been a good idea to see though.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!