Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wade Barrett Vs Sheamus in England.

Wade Barrett and Sheamus cut a great promo on WWE Main Event and how Sheamus has a few mutual friends but Barrett hates the Irish (know idea why the Irish and the English hate each other) but this match should be good especially in England. I love Barrett's line in which he saids "I never lose in England" I think its going to be one of those nights where the crowd is on fire and going crazy for the heel(Wade Barrett) and booing the hell out of the face. (Sheamus) Anyway really looking forward to this match.

Anyone else looking forward to this match as well?

Blog Entries
    This is going to be absolutely epic. The crowd will be going insane

Fresh Member
    It should be excellent, looking forward to it!

Just a side note, there was a time when Britain and Ireland despised each other, when Ireland was trying to get independence from Britain, leading to various violent acts, so that's probably the 'hatred' they are playing off of.
    Smell That!

As an Englishman I do not like they way they're playing on this Anglo-Irish hate thing. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since the troubled times. The IRA (Irish Republican Army) would often bomb mainland Britain, often busy town centres or shopping malls.

Since these times the peace process has brought our two nations together. Its a very touchy and delicate subject, that I don't feel should be put in a wrestling angle. My grandparents are Irish, so I have no problem with the Irish. A lot of English people have Irish relatives as during the famine in olden days a lot of Irish people emigrated to England to find work and for a better life and settled here.

Sorry for the boring history lesson, just my thoughts. And yes, Wade probably would get the crowd backing in this match from the majority of the crowd, however if I was in attendance I would boo Wade til my lungs collapsed. He is from Preston, Blackpool's deadly rivals. Its like NY/Boston rivalry, except this is even more one sided haha.

Wish Regal and Barret would mix it up, Blackpool v Preston in a WWE ring would be EPIC for me
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

I have to agree, but it is only wrestling so wouldn't start any real trouble!

I still think a British faction should come together

Regal - Manager
    Barrett - England
    Sheamus - Ireland
    Drew McIntyre - Scotland
    Mason Ryan - Wales

It would be a force!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittbull View Post
    I have to agree, but it is only wrestling so wouldn't start any real trouble!

I still think a British faction should come together

Regal - Manager
    Barrett - England
    Sheamus - Ireland
    Drew McIntyre - Scotland
    Mason Ryan - Wales

It would be a force!
    Except that Sheamus isn't British, he's Irish He's from Dublin which is the capital of the Republic of Ireland, which is not part of the UK. Northen Ireland is part of the UK, so Finlay for example would be able to be in the stable.

I think Regal, Barrett, Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan would make an amazing stable though.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post
    As an Englishman I do not like they way they're playing on this Anglo-Irish hate thing. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since the troubled times. The IRA (Irish Republican Army) would often bomb mainland Britain, often busy town centres or shopping malls.

Since these times the peace process has brought our two nations together. Its a very touchy and delicate subject, that I don't feel should be put in a wrestling angle. My grandparents are Irish, so I have no problem with the Irish. A lot of English people have Irish relatives as during the famine in olden days a lot of Irish people emigrated to England to find work and for a better life and settled here.

Sorry for the boring history lesson, just my thoughts. And yes, Wade probably would get the crowd backing in this match from the majority of the crowd, however if I was in attendance I would boo Wade til my lungs collapsed. He is from Preston, Blackpool's deadly rivals. Its like NY/Boston rivalry, except this is even more one sided haha.

Wish Regal and Barret would mix it up, Blackpool v Preston in a WWE ring would be EPIC for me
    I couldn't agree more! I feel that it being used to give a reason for these two fighting each other is BS. The peace as it is, is a little delicate and touchy right now no need for something like this to re-ignite it.

Don't know why everyone has a problem with Sheamus being in a UK group, he could be tricking the heels only to turn on them at the end or something.

UK crowds are great and hopefully they'll be a pay per view here in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    I couldn't agree more! I feel that it being used to give a reason for these two fighting each other is BS. The peace as it is, is a little delicate and touchy right now no need for something like this to re-ignite it.
    Agreed. For the record I love Ireland!
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Wade Barrett and Sheamus cut a great promo on WWE Main Event and how Sheamus has a few mutual friends but Barrett hates the Irish (know idea why the Irish and the English hate each other) but this match should be good especially in England. I love Barrett's line in which he saids "I never lose in England" I think its going to be one of those nights where the crowd is on fire and going crazy for the heel(Wade Barrett) and booing the hell out of the face. (Sheamus) Anyway really looking forward to this match.

Anyone else looking forward to this match as well?
    HELL YES ND HELL NO! I mean, Barrett vs Sheamus sounds aweesome, but relegeating it to Main Event...come on now..