Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The whole WWE Board of Directors deal

Am I the only one who thinks it's as lame as the Anonymous Raw General Manager? It's just another attempt at injecting the product with some sort of "realism," but instead is another way of insulting the audience's intellegence. I don't think boards of directors actually worry about firing, hiring or disciplining the grunts of the company unless they find them in a position where they can affect their stock. I dunno, I don't follow business politics.

Well the Board of Directors is a real group of people that really do have legal voting power within the WWE. Of course Vince and his family own over 50% of the share which gives them ultimate voting power, but yes the Board of Directors do indeed have a say of whats going on in the company. Are the in-depth with looking at the stories and what not? No, not really, but they still have a say if they choose too. All they care about is the financials of the company.
    "I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before.....why? Because I can." - The "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsrevenge View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's as lame as the Anonymous Raw General Manager? It's just another attempt at injecting the product with some sort of "realism," but instead is another way of insulting the audience's intellegence. I don't think boards of directors actually worry about firing, hiring or disciplining the grunts of the company unless they find them in a position where they can affect their stock. I dunno, I don't follow business politics.

A rouge ref not big enough for the top dogs to get called in?

"Sirs/Madams, we have a referee doing what they want - making impromptu calls and disrupting the matches."

WE DON'T CARE, LET HIM RUN THE COMPANY!

xD
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsman18 View Post
    Well the Board of Directors is a real group of people that really do have legal voting power within the WWE. Of course Vince and his family own over 50% of the share which gives them ultimate voting power, but yes the Board of Directors do indeed have a say of whats going on in the company. Are the in-depth with looking at the stories and what not? No, not really, but they still have a say if they choose too. All they care about is the financials of the company.
    Sure, but in storylines they've become this invisible collective of authority, like the ARGM. Why have an on screen GM at all when you have some supposed higher power that makes disciplinary decisions?

They generally come in for the big things.

Like the AJ Lee thing - they obviously couldn't go to AJ Lee to punish AJ Lee
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

It's just something that WWE uses as an easy way out.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Anything so that VKM thinks he actually owns the NFL ahaha

Blog Entries
    Although obviously based on something that actually exists, the referencing of the "Board Of Directors" on TV is simply and only a plot device. If anyone really thinks they're going to broadcast actual boardroom decisions to the world in this manner is seriously mistaken. It's a convenient way to lay the blame at the feet of faceless phantom corporate decision makers - noone even blames Vince anymore, like they used to. He used to absorb all that heat for his character but he's sort of face now so, 'board of directors' it is.

Board of Directors actually = team of writers.

Sorry to jump in but this maddox storyline is prob just an attempt to redo the teddy long ref turn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Sorry to jump in but this maddox storyline is prob just an attempt to redo the teddy long ref turn
    Or the Danny Davis ref turn, or the Hebner twins ref turn....