Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    ^^100% this^^
    I'm convinced sometimes that some of these so called TNA 'fans' are in actual fact WWE 'super fans' who are trying to do a disservice to TNA by going on public forums, pretending to be TNA fans but being total douche bags about it to put people off TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I'm convinced sometimes that some of these so called TNA 'fans' are in actual fact WWE 'super fans' who are trying to do a disservice to TNA by going on public forums, pretending to be TNA fans but being total douche bags about it to put people off TNA.
    I doubt the conspiracy goes that deep, but I do think that "fans" of TNA tend to take the whole "WCW vs. WWF" stand from back in 97-2001. It's not a "my company is better than your company" type thing in which you should fight tooth and nail to justify just how great you feel your company is. If TNA fans would direct their WWE watching friends to TNA as a way to see great matches on a weekly basis, and give them NO HYPE as to the promos, people would end up a LOT happier when they tuned in on Thursdays (or at least my friends I converted are happy). Unfortunately, everyone (especially in the IWC) would rather argue about who is right rather than direct people to an alternative on how to get their sports entertainment fix if they are burnt out on WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I doubt the conspiracy goes that deep, but I do think that "fans" of TNA tend to take the whole "WCW vs. WWF" stand from back in 97-2001. It's not a "my company is better than your company" type thing in which you should fight tooth and nail to justify just how great you feel your company is. If TNA fans would direct their WWE watching friends to TNA as a way to see great matches on a weekly basis, and give them NO HYPE as to the promos, people would end up a LOT happier when they tuned in on Thursdays (or at least my friends I converted are happy). Unfortunately, everyone (especially in the IWC) would rather argue about who is right rather than direct people to an alternative on how to get their sports entertainment fix if they are burnt out on WWE.
    Yup definitely needs to be a re-direction of people's efforts to get across TNA as a brilliant alternative. Put TNA across and leave the 'others' to deal with their own messes they've created.

Blog Entries
    Ok BOOOOOOORING.
    Enough bitching and let's get the thread back to what it's originally about.

As far as TNA originals go, then AJ Styles is definitely up there. I'd hazard saying that I prefer watching Samoa Joe in the ring though.

However, the best wrestler that TNA have ever had is hands down Kurt Angle. No question about that.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Ok BOOOOOOORING.
    Enough bitching and let's get the thread back to what it's originally about.

As far as TNA originals go, then AJ Styles is definitely up there. I'd hazard saying that I prefer watching Samoa Joe in the ring though.

However, the best wrestler that TNA have ever had is hands down Kurt Angle. No question about that.

Redirect a derailed thread by restating what you already said, Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Redirect a derailed thread by restating what you already said, Tommy
    Well observed sir!
    Sharp eye you have!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus n' Eights View Post
    Ya but come on,not 3 months after another company did it,wait a while,plus WWE's creative team is bigger in size than TNA's,surely someone could have come up with something fresh.Raw is the flagship programme of wrestling,they should be the innovators not the imitators
    Aj Styles was blackmailed because he was "dating" Dixie. It then turned out he was looking after a random drug addict, which was twisted to him "knocking her up" even though he was "drugged". Vickie Guerrero is using footage to gain power by exposing a relationship between a GM and a Wrestler. How is this copying a storyline exactly? If you want to talk about copying ideas, you should really look a bit closer at Austin Aries character and it's similarities to Punk (especially his promo before BFG).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    I know he hasnt been in TNA as long as Sty;es but to me AA is the best wrestler ever in TNA, but is yet to be elevated to a Styles level.
    He was in TNA for a while (2005-2007) and was released (asked for it), so it's not like he's new to the roster. (He was actually pretty good back then too)

On topic: I will go for Angle everytime. That guy is a wrestling machine for a reason. He is not just a great wrestler, but can talk! He has shown from his time in both companies that he has the ability to play both an effective heel, face and even comedic relief type character. It would be a travesty if he never made the WWE hall of fame down the line.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

his in ring work is great but I agree with AJ being on ortons level promo wise his accent is his main problem and he never gets a pop or any reaction when he says anything.
    Angle is the best guy they will ever have.
    and fanboys moaning about the wwe stealing ideas what do you think Aries is doing and the aces & 8's stuff big stable beating up everybody WOW REVOLUTIONARY I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT BEFORE IN ANOTHER COMPANY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I could have seen him as a former intercontinental and cruiser-weight champion, but it all depends on the crowd reaction. If given the same entrance he has in TNA he could have sold merchandise but for all we know his gimmick could have been completely different.
    Eh, in all likelihood, they would not let him do all his stuff, and thus he wouldn't have been all that "phenomenal" there. Believe it or not, when Sin Cara (just to use one example) was still Mistico in Mexico, he was really astounding; whereas, today, the only quotes I see about him nearly all make mention of the verb "botch." He didn't suddenly get uncoordinated, but he has been forced to adapt to the WWE style and it doesn't match what he's best at.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam View Post
    The difference between Orton and styles is that Orton takes 30 minutes to get out what he has to say. Now I won't necessarily say that aj's accent helps him, but it definately degrades his promo style to a guy who doesn't have the same accent (ex: I'm from New York, so I think he speaks weird. The same can be said for people who have his accent, they think I speak weird) other than the accent, Aj definately gets his point across every time clearly and efficiently. So I would have to disagree about the comparision.
    The reason I compare the two is because they don't sell well on the mic. Like, I'm not buying what they're saying, they're in no way convincing. You can easily tell that they're simply repeating what they've been told to say. I'm not an Orton fan though.
    Maybe a better comparison would have been Jeff Hardy. He gives it a red hot go but at the end of the day, his down home accent betrays him. And I'm Australian!