Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I know he hasnt been in TNA as long as Sty;es but to me AA is the best wrestler ever in TNA, but is yet to be elevated to a Styles level.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    AJ could have worked in WWE with a manager to talk for him. He's on a Randy Orton level when it comes to mic work. He's certainly the stand out TNA original. He would likely have been wasted in WWE but who knows?
    I think AJ is great. His stuff with Christian a few years back was epic and made me a fan. But, he would have never made it in the WWE. A small guy, regardless of wrestling ability, who is not a stand out on the mic would have never gotten over. (See Tyson Kidd). He does not pass the eyeball test or initial reaction test like Orton. He would have been discarded well before he could've cemented his legacy as he has been able to do in TNA.

Blog Entries
    He is almost branded to TNA. In other words, when I think of TNA, I think of styles, angle, and sting (In no particular order.

Another thing about him though. His ability to create 5 star matches out of nowhere is unbelievable. When I watch iMPACT and I see Aj styles make an entrance, I know for a fact that the match up next is going to blow my mind.

Would he fit in the WWE: no! No! No! Because I doubt Vince McMahon would let him keep his character, and WWE's safe style of wrestling (limiting people's move sets) would see a restricted Aj styles wrestling with an unentertaining gimmick. Plus, there is no x division/cruiserweight division in the WWE currently, and some of aj's best moments come from versing the x division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    AJ could have worked in WWE with a manager to talk for him. He's on a Randy Orton level when it comes to mic work. He's certainly the stand out TNA original. He would likely have been wasted in WWE but who knows?
    The difference between Orton and styles is that Orton takes 30 minutes to get out what he has to say. Now I won't necessarily say that aj's accent helps him, but it definately degrades his promo style to a guy who doesn't have the same accent (ex: I'm from New York, so I think he speaks weird. The same can be said for people who have his accent, they think I speak weird) other than the accent, Aj definately gets his point across every time clearly and efficiently. So I would have to disagree about the comparision.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if AJ would need a manager to do the talking in WWE, perhaps you're right, but for me AJ Styles has better mic skills than Randy Orton.
    Yes, AJ is better than Orton on mic n even in the ring...Orton's advantage is his size.....

There is a reason why he's referred to as the "Phenominal One"! Without A.J. TNA would've closed down years ago. I became an instant fan after watching the first Iron Man match with Christopher Daniels. A huge fan of both men's wrestling talnets!For me there are only a handful of dream matches in American wrestling. #1A.J. vs Shelton Benjamin #2 A.J. vs Davey Richards #3 A.J. vs Austin Aries #4 A.J. vs C.M.Punk....Some of the best pure wrestlers in(their prime) the business today.

Blog Entries
    If we're talking TNA originals, then yeah, AJ's up there. I'd hazard saying that I prefer watching Samoa Joe though.

However, Kurt Angle is hands down the best wrestler TNA has ever had. No question about that.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

He's so good,this past Monday,WWE stole 1 of his storylines

I wonder how much Orton going to TNA was the reason WWE didn't fire him this year

Fan boys...

Almost all the stories used have happened somewhere else before.