Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

AJ Styles. The Greatest Wrestler in TNA History?

AJ Styles will always be one of my favorite wrestlers. He has been part of some of the greatest matches in TNA history, and some would say of all time. His classics with Kurt Angle, his classic moments in the Ultimate X match, and matches with X-Division stars like Samoa Joe, and Christopher Daniels. He is also the first TNA Triple Crown winner, and one of only 3 Grand Slam Champions in TNA. I feel AJ Styles is a future TNA Hall of Famer (in my opinion should have been the first) and I feel he deserves one last run as TNA World Champion, and should be next years TNA Bound for Glory Series. I wanted to share some of AJ Styles greatest matches/moments and wanted your guys opinions on the phenomenal one and if you guys feel he should be World Champion again, and when he should be inducted into the hall of fame.

Classic Cage match with Abyss

AJ Styles Vs Kurt Angle which went over 30 mins.

AJ Styles most recent World Title Win

AJ Styles Vs Daniels Vs Samoa Joe 3 way classic.

I don't watch TNA anymore but I used to watch it now and again back in the day and he never had a match I didn't enjoy. Would of liked to of seen him come to WWE but it sort of makes his legacy. Definitely TNA's best ever.

He's one of the few reason's I watch TNA now and then.. awesome wrestler and has put on some great matches, I would also agree he was TNA's best wrestler in there history.

I'm with Steve and would have loved to have seen him in the WWE, can't help but feel he would be wasted though so makes sense for him to stay in TNA and continue his legacy.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    He's one of the few reason's I watch TNA now and then.. awesome wrestler and has put on some great matches, I would also agree he was TNA's best wrestler in there history.

I'm with Steve and would have loved to have seen him in the WWE, can't help but feel he would be wasted though so makes sense for him to stay in TNA and continue his legacy.
    He almost went to WWE, he had a few tryout matches back when the WWE was WWF with The Hurricane and Rico. He could have done wonders if the X-Division. Imagine AJ Styles Vs Chris Jericho or Rey Mysterio.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    He almost went to WWE, he had a few tryout matches back when the WWE was WWF with The Hurricane and Rico. He could have done wonders if the X-Division. Imagine AJ Styles Vs Chris Jericho or Rey Mysterio.
    AJ could have worked in WWE with a manager to talk for him. He's on a Randy Orton level when it comes to mic work. He's certainly the stand out TNA original. He would likely have been wasted in WWE but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    AJ could have worked in WWE with a manager to talk for him. He's on a Randy Orton level when it comes to mic work. He's certainly the stand out TNA original. He would likely have been wasted in WWE but who knows?
    I could have seen him as a former intercontinental and cruiser-weight champion, but it all depends on the crowd reaction. If given the same entrance he has in TNA he could have sold merchandise but for all we know his gimmick could have been completely different.

Blog Entries
    AJ is the greatest TNA wrestler.. or Kurt (Angle) is. One of those two guys. They did it all, had great matches with almost anyone they've worked with, won the gold there is to win, never became irrelevant.

AJ is a bit sidetracked at the moment, for the last year - since Hogan came in actually - but still stays relevent due to match performance.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Angle is the best wrestler in either TNA or WWE, and until he retires it will remain that way.
    Many TNA guys are better than AJ.

Blog Entries
    I still remember..when TNA came in..my first impression was like a D-grade wrestling show where Jarett beats all washed out guys...

but one day, I saw a new face...that is AJ n announcers are hyping him a lot..so I just waited n watched him..n I should say...I became an instant fan of AJ...that match was AJ vs Daniels n till now they r my most favorite wrestlers on TNA with Joe as close 3rd followed by Storm n Roode....

AJ is definitely THE BEST according to me in TNA (if we leave Kurt..he's the Best in the world)...I seriously hoped TNA to introduce Hall of Fame when Aj retires n inducts him as the first person...alas!! that will never happen now...

That cage match with Abyss is a real great match is highly under rated..it defined what AJ can do in a ring with bigger guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I don't know if AJ would need a manager to do the talking in WWE, perhaps you're right, but for me AJ Styles has better mic skills than Randy Orton.