Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So thats the tag team Championship, Intercontinental Championship and the WWE Championship not being defended at SS they better have a few decent storylines to make more matches or this PPV will suck big time.

IMO, not having WWE title match in a PPV is not quite a good idea. I was expecting that the traditional Survivor Sreies match would be Team Cena vs Team Ziggler, and Ryback would get rematch after the dirty finish at HIAC. Now that there won't be a WWE Title match, I wonder how they'll fit Cena in the cards as he's not in the 5-on-5 match as well. A match against Ziggler, maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taneel View Post
    IMO, not having WWE title match in a PPV is not quite a good idea. I was expecting that the traditional Survivor Sreies match would be Team Cena vs Team Ziggler, and Ryback would get rematch after the dirty finish at HIAC. Now that there won't be a WWE Title match, I wonder how they'll fit Cena in the cards as he's not in the 5-on-5 match as well. A match against Ziggler, maybe ?
    I genuinely still think Survivor Series is shaping up in our favor. Cena is, again, slowly drifting away from the WWE Title picture - something people always want, but never acknowledge when it happens. Ziggler is entering a program with the biggest face in the company. Even if he loses, such a high profile feud can only continue to elevate him in the general public's eye for his probable WHC reign.

I've always been a big advocate for a ridiculously long title run, and in turn, Punk vs Rock at the Rumble. Keeping the WWE Title off the line at SS easily prolongs both of those ideas. If this does lead to Punk vs Foley at TLC, that will be a good segway into his feud with the Rock. Sure, Ryback deserves a rematch, but was he ever really going to win the title in 2012? I sincerely doubt it.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

I was hoping Ryback would have his whole team set and Punk's still has one more to go, which is when Heymen says something like: "Ryback you may be one bad man, but I have some even badder than you!" Out comes Brock Lesnar who stares Ryback down in the middle of the ring which is when Punk makes his move and takes out Ryback from behind while everyone except Lesars starts to brawl. During the chaos Punk gives Ryback the GTS while the rest of his team takes down their opposition ending the night with CM Punk, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heymen front and center.
    I guess my imagination got a little wild on me lol, but who knows maybe there will be a swerve and a member of Punk's team will be switched out for Lesnar

I agree with the general consensus here. I expected Team Foley to include Kane and Daniel Bryan but including Kofi too seems like a mistake. The Miz is on a solid push at the moment and Kofi as IC champion should be pushed as well, as it is they'll both be playing filler roles in the Survivor Series match. Other than that the only entrants I was expecting but didn't get were Lesner and Cena. Lesner can just show up for something else another time and Cena's feud with Ziggler could lead to some fun matches so I'm not too upset.

Divas to believe in.

Since there are rumblings that Flair could return to WWE within the next few weeks as Raw GM, maybe his first act in power is to put Punk's title on the line at Survivor Series. Or at the very least, he could add a stipulation where whoever eliminates Punk in the Survivor Series match gets a title shot on Raw the following night.

Quote Originally Posted by stone cold bruiser brody View Post
    Actually I'm hoping it's all traditional Survivor Series matches. Like back in the day.
    They'll probably add another traditional suvivor series match like this

Team 1 : Rey mysterio, sin cara, zack ryder, santino marella, brodus clay

Team 2: Titus O Neil, Darren Young, Heath Slater, Drew Mcintyre, Jinder Mahal

When they announced the teams, I thought they would place the stipulation of somehow transferring the titles to the winning team. Winner take all so to speak. But truthfully this would be a terrible idea.

What I think will happen at Team Punk vs Team Foley is that in the end it will come back to Punk/Ryback. Ryback will score the pinfall and win it for his team. This way Ryback gets a win over Punk and Punk doesn't lose the title. Sets up another match at TLC where Punk wins and holds onto the title and Ryback moves onto a different feud and Punk moves onto a feud with The Rock hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by american_dragon View Post
    I wonder if this is leading to the rumored Foley/CM Punk match at TLC.
    based on what i saw last night, i hope not! Foley looked TERRIBLE. He limped to the ring (worse than usual) and looked 150lbs heavier than wrestling days.