Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I hope TNA weathers this storm

The ratings have been below the 1s since they've went live however I don't think this can be fairly placed on them and their content alone. If you look at what they've had to go up against since September it's Thursday Night Football and the playoffs from baseball. I don't think TNA will stay below the 1s after they get past the football season and we could see them go back up as soon after the World Series is over. What do you guys think?

No they haven't. The ratings were ok for a while once the audience adjusted to the new timeslot. But now they have trouble getting even a 1.0, which they didn't have in previous years. The ratings probably will go up again, but I think there is something on TV that the people aren't interested enough in.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

I can see ratings going up after Turning Point because i'm expecting Aces and 8's revealing themselves at the PPV

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    I can see ratings going up after Turning Point because i'm expecting Aces and 8's revealing themselves at the PPV
    Does the PPV name usually mean that ? Not trying to sound like an ass, im really asking.. At turning Point isn't their some kind of turning point

I think there is always a combination of things. This time of year is full of stuff going on tv. From show launching there new season, to the baseball playoffs, NFL on every Thursday( Tampa playing last night might have influenced that some one would think TNA is stronger in Florida). Also To the fact that in general less people have tv services in there homes, than they did last year. Not to mention less people seem to be watching wrestling than they did last year . WWE is down quite a bit of viewers compared to the last couple years as well. After all that, of course we also have to mention what is going on in TNA, and what has happened in the past.

I think TNA has a strong cult following in its own right. With That being said however I think a huge amount of people who watch tna are not watching there favorite brand. So they might be say more willing to miss it from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Well they need to pull that trigger soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    Does the PPV name usually mean that ? Not trying to sound like an ass, im really asking.. At turning Point isn't their some kind of turning point
    I think this year the PPV's name will have a meaning,haha

There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Well they need to pull that trigger soon anyway.
    I think they are expecting Turning Point.i mean the PPV poster and stuff is a hint

Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    No they haven't. The ratings were ok for a while once the audience adjusted to the new timeslot. But now they have trouble getting even a 1.0, which they didn't have in previous years. The ratings probably will go up again, but I think there is something on TV that the people aren't interested enough in.
    I honestly think this is one of the major things that TNA has done wrong over the summer. They should have stayed in the original time slot and the fuck-all MMA show should have been a lead into TNA. That time slot was cemented for the TNA loyal but once they switch, it put a lot of viewers (especially West Coast) in a bind to catch it live. I don't think moving back to the original time slot would fix the ratings issue, but I do think it affected it from the start and helped made the option of just DVRing the show much more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by monctonvike View Post
    I think TNA has a strong cult following in its own right. With That being said however I think a huge amount of people who watch tna are not watching there favorite brand. So they might be say more willing to miss it from time to time
    What do you mean by this statement? If they are the TNA "cult" fans, why wouldn't they be watching their favorite brand? Is this your way of saying that a large portion of the TNA fan base at the moment are WWE fans who are fed up with the E Universe? If that's the case, I would have expected to see an increase in TNA ratings due to adding the newer fans since TNA loyals who are the ones that have averaged the 1 to 1.25 million viewers each week.

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

[QUOTE=Darkside Ron Garvin;660834]I honestly think this is one of the major things that TNA has done wrong over the summer. They should have stayed in the original time slot and the fuck-all MMA show should have been a lead into TNA. That time slot was cemented for the TNA loyal but once they switch, it put a lot of viewers (especially West Coast) in a bind to catch it live. I don't think moving back to the original time slot would fix the ratings issue, but I do think it affected it from the start and helped made the option of just DVRing the show much more appealing.

What do you mean by this statement? If they are the TNA "cult" fans, why wouldn't they be watching their favorite brand? Is this your way of saying that a large portion of the TNA fan base at the moment are WWE fans who are fed up with the E Universe? If that's the case, I would have expected to see an increase in TNA ratings due to adding the newer fans since TNA loyals who are the ones that have averaged the 1 to 1.25 million viewers each week.[/QUOTE]

I mean that part of tna's 1.2 million fan base are loyal fans of the show. While at the same time there are many people who are big wwe fans that also happen to watch tna. For some it might be that they tune in every week, or for some from time to time.

IMO there are many reason ie less ppl watching wrestling period, new fall tv lineup, less ppv having tv service ect ect that I gave above but all in all

I have been mostly happy with what tna has been doing. For me in the end.I don't care how many other ppl watch the show I am happy to every week.

cheerz